The hunt for a Lian Li PC-201a

redlight

n00b
Hi guys!

I've been on a fruitless search for a Lian Li PC-201a for sale somewhere in Europe for about two-three weeks now :( and as a last resort, I'm posting here to see if any of you know a place where I can get it...

-Any stores in Europe that might have it?
-Anybody wanna sell their PC-201a?
-Any blueprints for it, so I can build my own using posicle sticks?

P.S. I've found about 30 stores who list the case, but none have them in stock or know if they can restock them... : (

Any tips woul'd be greatly appreciated!

Why not just let it go and settle for another case?
Just look at the layout, beutiful, isn't it :p
1011.JPG

I've got the PC-101b and I don't like it. The board that goes through the whole case in the middle makes both the upper and the lower section too small for good airflow and I got crappy temps. The PC-X01 does the have the same measures as PC-x100 which I thought it would have.

Mrmylanman:
Yeah, it's a big girl, alright :p

Luddha:
I found a picture of the pc-101b interior, I see its pretty cramped, like the upper compartment in PC-201 too, but I'm hoping to cope with this using watercooling and a couple of 120mm fans =)
overview.jpg

Rather normal for discontinued model to be hard to find...

Why not just let it go and settle for another case?
Just look at the layout, beutiful, isn't it :p
http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/cases/Lian_Li_PC-201/pics/1011.JPG
- Acoustically bad plastic HDD mounting... I think this V1000/2000 generation (this is V2000 with door) had also them with very small airflow gaps.
- If you want sense making laminar airflow for compartment where majority of heat production is you need to put intake fan to front meaning in practise it has only four available 5.25" bays. (same for other chambered Lian Lis)
- CPU heating graphics card and chambered design in general seriously limits freedom in cabling.

Yes, that makes sense, it's still pretty annoying though =)

I don't care much if the drive bays restrict airflow, as I plan on removing them and putting radiators there instead and for the top, i will cut off a bunch of 5.25" drive bays and put a 120mm fan there. I only need 3-4 5,25" bays anyways: CD, Reservoir and possibly a HDD, so I think I will be ok.

Thanks E.T., I've been looking at those cases, unfortunately it seems like Lian Li has shrunk the lower compartment in both of them, compared to the PC-201.

I saw a mod somewhere where a user put in a PA160 in the lower compartment, it was a snug fit, but it works with the PC-201.

Here are some pictures comparing the lower compartments:
Lian Li PC-201:
1011.JPG

Lian Li PC-V2110
v2110f02.JPG

It's been discontinued for years, so they're impossible to find. If you really badly want one, I have one myself (pic: http://stfcc.org/bluefox/DSC00875.JPG), though shipping it to Europe is going to be very expensive. Let me know if that doesn't bother you and you are still interested.

I purchased my PC-201b about this time last year. It was nearly impossible finding it then.

Back