The Hazards of Texting

Clearly we need to ban texting while walking. Or texting while others are walking nearby.

Needed that... I am having a fairly crap day so far and it was good to see stupidity at its finest...

Bullshit. We need to ban fountains everywhere for getting in the way of our texting.

You're out of your mind. This is clear-cut proof that we need to ban EVERYTHING, EVERYWHERE, such that nothing can ever possibly get in the way of our self-absorbed, ignorant-of-all-which-surrounds us lifestyles.

GAWD BLESS UHMUMURRIUKUHUHHKKKUH

You're out of your mind. This is clear-cut proof that we need to ban EVERYTHING, EVERYWHERE, such that nothing can ever possibly get in the way of our self-absorbed, ignorant-of-all-which-surrounds us lifestyles.

GAWD BLESS UHMUMURRIUKUHUHHKKKUH

You must respect my authori-TAH!!!

two things, I hope her phone got ruined, and does anyone remember that family that sued new york city for he falling in a man hole while texting?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this video chick tried to sue the mall.

I think there is obviously a need for a phone that uses its camera to watch where you are going for you while texting.

Texting while driving is worse than DUI. At the very least, something should be done about TWD.

NO ONE mentions Darwin in action here? I can only hope, that since she's this stupid, she actually falls off a cliff while texting, hurting no one but herself.

As it stands, she'll tell this story, someone will feel sorry for her eventually, and her genes will continue to be in the pool.

NO ONE mentions Darwin in action here? I can only hope, that since she's this stupid, she actually falls off a cliff while texting, hurting no one but herself.

As it stands, she'll tell this story, someone will feel sorry for her eventually, and her genes will continue to be in the pool.

Over-react much? The next time you stub your toe maybe we ought to just have you executed?

ahahahahah

there's a very good chance that this girl still has not learned her lesson, and texts while walking even today.

these people have zero peripheral vision.

WTF happened to this generation of kids ?! These kids just pick up bad habits, one after another.

on a positive note, I just saw an ad for a droid texting app that uses the camcorder to display where you are walking in the background behind the text.
Maybe these foolish kids should upgrade to droid. Or better yet, learn how to text and walk.

These kids just have no common sense. It's much faster to talk on the phone than to type. :rolleyes:

goddamn backasswards generation Z.

Cue the lawyers.

The mall will be sued followed by the construction company that built it, the laborers that actually built it, the companies that made the materials that went into building it, then the janitor will be sued for not having warning signs all around the fountain. Oh and we can't forget the water company for providing the water to the fountain that made her get all wet and last but not least her phone company.

She has no-one else to blame for her stupidity but herself.

On a positive note, it looks like she doesn't have to wash the clothes she bought. :p

That is the same thing i thought. She walks blindly into a fountain with people around. nobody even seems to notice it or come to help.

Maybe they were too busy laughing at the dumbass who just fell in a fountain? :D

Wow. Dig all that help she got!

Acting like you did not see a thing is the best medicine for what was left of her dignity at that moment.

Kind of like when you and a woman are the only two people in an elevator, and you know for certain you were not the one that farted, and just say nothing and pretend it never happened.

Acting like you did not see a thing is the best medicine for what was left of her dignity at that moment.

Kind of like when you and a woman are the only two people in an elevator, and you know for certain you were not the one that farted, and just say nothing and pretend it never happened.

Passive much?

I would've said to the lady in the elevator - god damn it, don't fart in here.

She's probably going to get a lawyer and sue this mall next. There was a teen girl in the news last year who fell down a manhole cover while texting and ended up sueing.

I've seen this type of thing happen so often from people walking like a zombie because they are so busy texting. I nearly hit some guy last month downtown when he ignored the don't walk crosswalk sign while texting and walked in front of me. Luckily I was able to swerve around him.

Passive much?

I would've said to the lady in the elevator - god damn it, don't fart in here.

Eh, if she didn't already know, nothing I could could have said would have changed anything.

Hah i live by that mall. She better be happy that it wasn't during the time prior to drain the dirty water. Why she walks into the store (Zales) after that fact is beyond me. You'd figure she'd just leave the mall.

I never understood why people can't just stop to text. Or call.. that's alot quicker and arguably safer.

Let this be a lesson to us.

when you see kids walking home after school......... Honk.
for their safety.

be liberal with the horn.

That is the same thing i thought. She walks blindly into a fountain with people around. nobody even seems to notice it or come to help.

Its most likely she didn't scream as she fall, and no one would hear that little splash with the fountain running, so she did not attract anyone's attention.

Besides, she casually got up and walked away, even if you noticed, before you could go to help you would have noticed that she's perfectly fine. Its not like she lay there in pain :p

Maybe they were too busy laughing at the dumbass who just fell in a fountain? :D

But like i said, nobody even seemed to notice her. nobody stopped, nobody looked over and laughed. unless i missed it in the video or it happen out of view of the camera.

By next year (if not this year since android already has this).... this debate will be laughable since there is now a way to VOICE TYPE text messages (and google searching by voice command especially has been around since early 2009 on my old as hell android 1.5 phone)

I had someone walk into the side of my pickup truck while texting (I was stopped at a crosswalk waiting for people to go past) before, but this is even better. If I hadn't been stopped there, I wonder if she would have walked straight across the road and got run over.

I used to be able to text with one hand pretty quick years ago but after loseing that phone couldnt do it anymore as well with the new one so stopped texting unless I could give it better attention. People just get to absorbed into what they do with there phones now. The more eye candy the more closed they are to whats going on around them. This would be there own problem in the end baning things doesnt make them go away. Yes they will hurt others possibly in the process but thats life. Alcohol and tobacco kill more people then alot of other things combined but thats what you get in a "free" society you get the freedom to choose and sometimes theres consequences to the choice you make. Changing anothers mind on life and how it should be lived is really the only way to make real postive changes in the world around you but is also quiet the hardest route to choose.

Bingo! I happened to be there at the time,everyone thought it was hilarious. She actually tried to keep texting afterward. It was obvious she wasn't hurt,except maybe her pride. The mall should sue her for polluting the fountain.

But like i said, nobody even seemed to notice her. nobody stopped, nobody looked over and laughed. unless i missed it in the video or it happen out of view of the camera.

I'm reminded of Kitty Genovese. Extreme, I know, but still.

Back