The [H] RTX 3080 owners thread.

So in desktop mode, no gaming, my eVga Ultra 3080 seems to stay in the 45c temp range, since I've had the card since last week. Is that warm for just desktop mode?
That's the same temperature my XC3 ultra has on the desktop. The fans are idle. That's normal. If it bothers you, you could have afterburner turn on the fans and lower the temp. I turned the fans to 100% to see how low the temp would go, and it's at 28c. Doesn't seem to be a point running the fans when just at the desktop.

And it finally arrives:
48FB8DE0-B8ED-45F5-A23F-D50F6C2BF6B2.jpeg

This was a really tight fit. Can’t wait to get an EK block on it. BTW when playing Warzone I really can’t tell the difference between this and the 5700XT. I am at 1080p/240 hz so probably highly cpu limited even with a 9900k@5 ghz.

7729BA99-13F7-481A-A6C0-89E4C04378D3.jpeg
I might redo my build with a Liam li pc 011 dynamic and distribution plate.

could anyone with a 3080 post a screenshot of the stock voltage curve in afterburner? Would help me for my upcoming undervolting guide!

I took my side panel off just to feel the air inside my case, put my hand over where the card exhausts the air, and man that's very warm almost like a blow dryer LOL.

Got my Aorus Xtreme 3080 today - man, it's a chonker. It's not that much longer than my current Xtreme 1080, but it's WAY thicker. And heavy.

Threw it in my current system and seems to work fine. The fan curve seems quite aggressive, but it's still fairly quiet @ 65C max boosting to 2055 Mhz without any tweaking.

Probably will throw a custom fan curve on and see if I can undervolt it a bit.

This Strix is a nice overclocker:
6E636ECE-8371-4B1E-B841-E422234AD61E.jpeg

Pretty sure on a waterblock I might get near 2200 mhz. I can only imagine how much better these cards could’ve been on TSMC. Shame.

Edit: Still has OC headroom on air:
6811002B-5A40-4BFF-97B0-303A3A3B1F3F.jpeg

Last edited:
After messing around a bit more on air, I got the card to peak at 2175 mhz but it crashed at the final part of Port Royal. I think on water I'll be able to stabilize it better w/added voltage.

A36834F5-C810-4582-81D2-80C0AC3E4843.jpeg7905601D-4FC1-426D-99BA-C47A4F0022A6.jpeg

Edit: Ran timespy, it peaked at 2160 then dropped to 2145 mhz b/c of power/vrel and temp:
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/15154741

Edit 2: played around w/the v/f curve a bit in GPU Tweak II: 19161 graphics score in Time Spy.

Edit 3: DLSS 2.0 Quality Preset Test:
1604999723982.png

Last edited:
Streamed using NVENC (new) via SLOBS on the RTX 3080 and the quality/performance was pretty good just like my 2080 Ti was. Got Godfall via AMD (5700 XT) and for a next gen game, the graphics don't really seem that great. Anyway, the game itself is okay:

Just installed Godfall, which is the RX 6000 series's supposed killer app because it uses 12GB VRAM for textures and is supposed to bring the RTX 3080 to its knees due to lack of VRAM.

I just cranked up everything to max at 4K, and....it uses 8.2GB VRAM and runs perfectly.

I'll keep testing, but I feel AMD owes us RTX 3080 owners an apology. :D

EDIT: Hold up a sec.... I was getting somewhat stuttery performance, but it was still running super fast. I was about to blame it on poor optimization, but when I closed the game, I saw that I was running F@H as well.

So not only does it run perfectly maxed at 4K on an RTX 3080, but it also runs perfectly maxed at 4K on an RTX 3080 while running Folding@Home in the background... lol?

Last edited:
Just installed Godfall, which is the RX 6000 series's supposed killer app because it uses 12GB VRAM for textures and is supposed to bring the RTX 3080 to its knees due to lack of VRAM.

I just cranked up everything to max at 4K, and....it uses 8.2GB VRAM and runs perfectly.

I'll keep testing, but I feel AMD owes us RTX 3080 owners an apology. :D

EDIT: Hold up a sec.... I was getting somewhat stuttery performance, but it was still running super fast. I was about to blame it on poor optimization, but when I closed the game, I saw that I was running F@H as well.

So not only does it run perfectly maxed at 4K on an RTX 3080, but it also runs perfectly maxed at 4K on an RTX 3080 while running Folding@Home in the background... lol?
Thought the massive vram was from a download able texture pack add on. I didn't really follow the story though.

Thought the massive vram was from a download able texture pack add on. I didn't really follow the story though.
Ah I see that now. I'm still wondering how badly a 4K texture pack will hurt performance on the 3080.

And to be clear, the game doesn't really need a 4K texture pack. The textures are extremely clean and clear already. I think the 4K texture pack is nothing more than AMD flexing its 16GB VRAM.

Last edited:

12GB VRAM here. Supposedly have to turn on some FidelityFX feature to hit it.

So I just tried running FidelityFX on for my 3080, and in the benchmark, I get 55 FPS on 4K maxed without any optimization and a bunch of things running in the background. My GPU memory never went over 10GB.

I guess we will wait for AMD's high-res texture pack to see what happens.

My EVGA 3080 FTW arrived early and I managed to pop it in and do one quick Timespy bench.

Was kind of surprised it benched nearly the same as the 2 x Titan Xp's it replaced (around 15,000 overall), though my CPU isn't helping the overall score at all, but the rest of the system won't be getting upgraded for a while yet. Hopefully in the first quarter of next year.

The thing is massive... but so much quieter and cooler running (which is a massive benefit). I can't wait to see how it does on CUDA tasks sometime next week once the holiday is over.

Ran the Deus Ex Mankind Divided Benchmark on it on Ultra for kicks at 3440x1440 and it pegged the GPU at 100% while my CPU sat there not seeming to do very much.....video card never broke 65C in temps though, and average FPS was 28. Almost exactly the same as the Titan's used to get.

Removed my Eagle OC 3080 and replaced with Ultra FTW3. Went full rainbow for fun :) got one with the black lips instead of red. I found out red lips were release day cards. Black are more recent releases.

20201121_154856.jpg
20201121_154904.jpg

What AIO are you using on your CPU
It is a cyberpower Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler (2x CyberPowerPC 120mm Dual Light Loop ARGB 1200RPM Fans w/ Hub + Remote . I was a little shocked at how impressive the build was from them. I had doubts, but I am happy.

Lucky me, a coworker snagged an EVGA XC3 Ultra he's letting me have at cost. Would have slightly preferred a FE but I'm just happy to get a card. A perk of the EVGA is more waterblock options compared to the FE.

Lucky me, a coworker snagged an EVGA XC3 Ultra he's letting me have at cost. Would have slightly preferred a FE but I'm just happy to get a card. A perk of the EVGA is more waterblock options compared to the FE.
Depending on if he registered it or not, you might be able to register as the first owner. That should also give you access to the step up program which may be beneficial if the 3080 Ti comes out in January.

Depending on if he registered it or not, you might be able to register as the first owner. That should also give you access to the step up program which may be beneficial if the 3080 Ti comes out in January.
I wondered about that, but figured I'd have to be the purchaser to be eligible...

I need to claim a couple of games with someone’s rtx 3080. If you haven’t already claimed any games on your card and want to make $25. PM me - Thanks!

Back