The [H] RTX 3080 owners thread.

Just got my TUF non oc in a few minutes ago. I still have 2 PC's to upgrade so I'm waiting for what AMD has to offer. With office depot not coming through with the 3090 for my wife I almost wished I would have kept trying but she's more than happy with her FTW3 3080.

Looking at the shipping box I don't think I've seen Amazon just slap another label on what they received from their distributor like this before. An Amazon label for me on one side and this label on the other. Seems I'm 1 of 206 that they received.

20201020_134514.jpg

Last edited:
Just got my TUF non oc in a few minutes ago. I still have 2 PC's to upgrade so I'm waiting for what AMD has to offer. With office depot not coming through with the 3090 for my wife I almost wished I would have kept trying but she's more than happy with her FTW3 3080.

Looking at the shipping box I don't think I've seen Amazon just slap another label on what they received from their distributor like this before. An Amazon label for me on one side and this label on the other. Seems I'm 1 of 206 that they received.

Congrats. (y) Please report your TUF 3080 non-OC experiance. This is the GPU I'm leaning toward.

Congrats. (y) Please report your TUF 3080 non-OC experiance. This is the GPU I'm leaning toward.
I was supposed to be sleeping for work tonight but of course that wasn't going to happen. Have it looping heaven's right now without touching anything and it's boosting to 2100 at 66C on the performance bios setting. Ran Time spy first and got 17281 for graphics score.

I need to get some sleep but this thing looks to be a good chip. Looping heaven engine @ 2190 gpu/19504 mem hovering around 69/70c. Let's see if it's still there when I wake up. Couldn't leave it alone. Tried running timespy @ 2190 and it barely didn't make it to the cpu test. Dropped it to 2145 GPU memory went to 19800 and its able to complete timespy now.
20201020_150422.jpg

Last edited:

Amazon recently shipped my Corsair 850 PSU like that which pissed me off...no outer box, just the manufacturer box with a shipping label on it...has COVID caused a shortage of cardboard boxes?!

Amazon recently shipped my Corsair 850 PSU like that which pissed me off...no outer box, just the manufacturer box with a shipping label on it...has COVID caused a shortage of cardboard boxes?!
I doubt it, my wife still gets those boxes with the smiles all the time. I got a notification from my camera otherwise they would have left it on the porch for a while. Not happy about that but no harm this time.

I doubt it, my wife still gets those boxes with the smiles all the time. I got a notification from my camera otherwise they would have left it on the porch for a while. Not happy about that but no harm this time.
Amazon knows I have a Ring and it seems like they try not to set it off. I'm not happy with that. Ring and Amazon suck.

I am beyond happy with the performance jump. I am playing BF1 maxed everything with a 43" Dell 4k monitor @ about 120 to 145 fps.
I'm in the same boat, I sold my 2080 in July and was using a RX580 until I got my wifes hand me down 2080 ti. I plan on undervolting when I get time during work. I've seen from undervolting my wife's ftw3 there's not alot of performance loss but a huge amount of power saving and heat reduction.

I Have no choice be to get the FTW3. Its the only card available for step up

Pretty much same for me. I got the Ftw3 ultra because EVGAs queue came through and I'm willing to pay the extra money over Msrp just to be done Playing this stupid game.

Firefox_Screenshot_2020-10-21T21-33-47.496Z.png

SOOO close to 16k i should try and hit it and this is with the 380w bios! shes keeper!

Just a PSA, please undervolt your cards. The power curve from the factory is obnoxiously garbage. They clearly threw a metric ton of power to raise the yields of acceptable chips. The lower score on the left in the screen shot is the standard tuf out of the box defaults. 1980 @1.075v and it scored lower than my undervolt of [email protected]. I've been playing undervolted with these settings since 3 in morning(Destiny 2 and Horizon Zero Dawn) no stutters or artifacts. The biggest thing I noticed was the card is not dumping as much hot air into the case. The TUF's cooler is working its ass off, the amount of heat it dumps in the case is crazy. I haven't touched the fan curve from the performance setting as noise doesnt bother me, mainly because I game with headphones. Just to clarify it is pretty quiet on performance setting.
undervolt.JPG

Last edited:
I went for the massively overbuilt/priced Aorus Xtreme since I got an offer to buy that. I'll let you guys know how it is.

Apparently my current case has 320mm max GPU length and the Xtreme is 319mm, so...that might be fun.
It's an absolute beast of a card, i'm sure you'll love it like I love mine. :D

Nice to hear someone has it and likes it - there's very little real-world info out there about it.

It's very quiet, even at 80% fan speed set manually. Boosts to 2100 out of the box and so far I have been able to add +35 to the core and +250 to the memory and haven't yet found it's limits. i think the triple 8-pin might help out there.

One other thing, it's friggin nuts just how huge this card actually is.

Last edited:
It's very quiet, even at 80% fan speed set manually. Boosts to 2100 out of the box and so far I have been able to add +35 to the core and +250 to the memory and haven't yet found it's limits. i think the triple 8-pin might help out there.

Yeah it sounds like a beast. My current case might barely fit it, but I have a new case ready for Zen 3 that will have plenty of room.

if it is like mine, I may not have to turn my heater on this year. It puts out quite a bit of heat on its own :)
100% Truth haha. To get a feel for how hot the card is running, I only have to feel my glass side panel.

Compared to my 2070 Super, the 3080 FE has added 100+ watts to my overall system usage. More than enough to heat my little area.

I had forgotten how much heat these big Nvidia cores put out.

Do you have any issues with the card sagging? Seems like it might considering how big it is.

Just a PSA, please undervolt your cards. The power curve from the factory is obnoxiously garbage. They clearly threw a metric ton of power to raise the yields of acceptable chips. The lower score on the left in the screen shot is the standard tuf out of the box defaults. 1980 @1.075v and it scored lower than my undervolt of [email protected]. I've been playing undervolted with these settings since 3 in morning(Destiny 2 and Horizon Zero Dawn) no stutters or artifacts. The biggest thing I noticed was the card is not dumping as much hot air into the case. The TUF's cooler is working its ass off, the amount of heat it dumps in the case is crazy. I haven't touched the fan curve from the performance setting as noise doesnt bother me, mainly because I game with headphones. Just to clarify it is pretty quiet on performance setting.
View attachment 291282
5% performance increase and a 7°C average GPU temp decrease by reducing voltage. The former I don’t expect. I feel like many of these cards can be fine tuned to increase performance and/or reduce temps by a decent margin.

I saw a similar result as yours for an EVGA 3080 XC3 that someone linked me a couple weeks back.

5% performance increase and a 7°C average GPU temp decrease by reducing voltage. The former I don’t expect. I feel like many of these cards can be fine tuned to increase performance and/or reduce temps by a decent margin.

I saw a similar result as yours for an EVGA 3080 XC3 that someone linked me a couple weeks back.
I wasn't thinking it would make that bug of a difference in temp either. I was hoping just to keep performance close and didn't think about improving the the temp at all.

Do you have any issues with the card sagging? Seems like it might considering how big it is.
Mine was close to sagging but I bought some supports. It is in the other thread. The gigabyte card I have is almost 13" long though.

Compared to my 2070 Super, the 3080 FE has added 100+ watts to my overall system usage. More than enough to heat my little area.

I had forgotten how much heat these big Nvidia cores put out.
I conidered replacing my Seasonic Prime Gold 750 for an 850 for a little more head room but they are hard to find so I replaced 2 1tb mechanicals for 1 2tb Samsung SSD. to drop power consumption. I trust that I will be fine :)

I conidered replacing my Seasonic Prime Gold 750 for an 850 for a little more head room but they are hard to find so I replaced 2 1tb mechanicals for 1 2tb Samsung SSD. to drop power consumption. I trust that I will be fine :)
Depends on your CPU. With my 3700x, 3 spinning drives, 2 SSDs, and an RTX 3080, my system uses roughly 500-watts at worst.

You should be fine.

I recently got the 3080 FE. My best 3080 score +130/750

1603417704195.png

My best 2080 Ti score +135/1300, this is 330W vs 370W for the 3080

1603417810244.png

Port Royal has larger gains

1603418224297.png

1603418250588.png

Last edited:
Back