The [H] RTX 3080 owners thread.

There is a Google sheet floating around reddit where users are posting their notify times and updating when Evga sends a purchase link. It's a decent metric for seeing what time in the queue Evga is at. Currently my best shot is for the FTW ultra. They are at 7:42am and Im at 7:44am, which means I should be in tomorrow's drop.
Of what day, month, and year?

Of what day, month, and year?

This day, month, and year.

I'm 65 seconds out from the last confirmed order. Given that every drop thus far has moved the line at least 2-3 minutes, and the larger drops closer to 10 minutes... I should be in the next drop. Which is rumored to be today. Going to be watching my inbox very closely this afternoon.

This day, month, and year.

I'm 65 seconds out from the last confirmed order. Given that every drop thus far has moved the line at least 2-3 minutes, and the larger drops closer to 10 minutes... I should be in the next drop. Which is rumored to be today. Going to be watching my inbox very closely this afternoon.
Oh, I meant what was the date you submitted the notification request. I think there's a good chance I might be about 2 years out if it's moving that slowly since I didn't request a notification until 10/6.

Oh, I meant what was the date you submitted the notification request. I think there's a good chance I might be about 2 years out if it's moving that slowly since I didn't request a notification until 10/6.
Heh, I thought that was just sarcasm about how slow the list was moving.

Unfortunately, yeah, I think at 10/6, you'll be a while. I believe signups went up around 7AM PST on 9/17, so they haven't even moved an hour yet. Admittedly, the first few hours probably had a lot more sign ups, so the list should start moving faster as drops get bigger and sign ups get better spaced. Pretty sure EVGA announced it's queue system on 10/5 though... which would mean another large block of signups around then.

Unfortunately, yeah, I think at 10/6, you'll be a while. I believe signups went up around 7AM PST on 9/17, so they haven't even moved an hour yet. Admittedly, the first few hours probably had a lot more sign ups, so the list should start moving faster as drops get bigger and sign ups get better spaced. Pretty sure EVGA announced it's queue system on 10/5 though... which would mean another large block of signups around then.
Jesus. Worse than I thought. I guess that's officially a bust.

Word over on stock tracker is to not open the google document. They pulled it saying it was possibly malicious.

Signeups went up earlier than that, I signed up at 5:21 am on the 17th and haven't gotten mine yet so I think they stared accepting auto notify signups from the night before.

Signeups went up earlier than that, I signed up at 5:21 am on the 17th and haven't gotten mine yet so I think they stared accepting auto notify signups from the night before.

Depends on the card, XC3 signups went live in the 16th, FTW3 cards were later I think because I never bothered to queue for them. I was in the XC3 queue at 7:30 PM on the 16th and looking at the spreadsheet some people were already queued in the morning that day.

The only card that has really moved at all in the queue is the FTW3 Ultra, and not very far.

SIgnups for XC3 went up 9/16 (I signed up around noon on the 16th). FTW models weren't on Evga's site when the XC3 models were added, they were added early the following morning.

so if we ever get 3080s in stock, what is the best buy? LOL :whistle: I'm leaning toward quietness. Is MSI TRIO quieter than TUF/Strix offerings? How are EVGA cards?
From price perspective I thought about buying o/c TUF and use it in its quiet bios mode.

If you want quiet then the TUF is probably the cheapest. I believe it ran cooler than the Trio when normalized to 40db but the Trio will be quieter than the TUF out of the box. Gigabyte Aorus Master might be quiet too with the 4 slot cooler but I haven't seen any reviews yet.

My EVGA XC3 is either hot or loud as it has a small cooler. The FTW3 should be better but I haven't seen comparisons yet.

I believe EVGA said you could step up to a FTW3 Ultra from an XC3, so there is that.

I believe EVGA said you could step up to a FTW3 Ultra from an XC3, so there is that.

I'm in Canada so it's probably just easier to flip the card now and then buy something else later. I have a TUF OC on back order, if it comes in before early November I'll keep it and sell the EVGA, otherwise I'll cancel the back order.

every day that goes by I get slightly less interested in getting a 3080...this waiting game is going to get a lot of people to just shift to Big Navi or just wait for the 20GB models or potentially even the TSMC Super variants

these launch versions are going to depreciate quick once the newer variants are released

every day that goes by I get slightly less interested in getting a 3080...this waiting game is going to get a lot of people to just shift to Big Navi or just wait for the 20GB models or potentially even the TSMC Super variants

these launch versions are going to depreciate quick once the newer variants are released
Good then maybe I will get my step up before I die of old age

Good then maybe I will get my step up before I die of old age

I'm still on the Auto Notify list for the 3080 FTW3 Ultra but other then that I'm not going to go crazy trying to get a card...I might even sell the FTW3 and use that $$ to get the 20GB

ordered mine last night hyped should have it by wed. :D EVGA did the right thing and i think other retailers and NV should do the same

I guarantee it was the FTW3 Ultra, either the 3080 or 3090. Those are pretty much the only cards going out so far.

We'll see if the XC3 stuff shows up next week as Jacob said.

What was it you ordered ftw, ultra, xc? At least give us some details.
3080 FTW3 Ultra

3080.jpg

at lest for the 3080 FTW Ultra the queue is at 9/17 7:47am

I honestly think I may get a 3080 XC3 Ultra from EVGA when my turn comes. I hit the notify button in the AM of 9/16.

Thought process is that EVGA apparently allows for users to step-up from a 3080 XC3 to a FTW3:

1603036174095.png

Once the 20GB variants come out (rumored to be before the end of this year), I should hopefully be able to step-up from a 3080 XC3 10GB to a 3080 FTW3 20GB. Not sure if you could do 3080 FTW3 10GB to 3080 FTW3 20GB. In the past they didn't allow for stepping up just for larger memory.

Might be a better option (price-wise) than the 3090 I currently have if it pans out.

Not sure if you could do 3080 FTW3 10GB to 3080 FTW3 20GB. In the past they didn't allow for stepping up just for larger memory.

This is incorrect, their step up policy allows for memory increase as a step up case and specifically mentions the 1060 3GB to 1060 6GB as a step up option due to the memory increase. The main issue is whether they will offer the 20GB as a step up option right when it launches or if it will come after the 90 day window expires for the majority of early purchasers.

It's outlined in their step-up policy:

EVGA said:

Graphics Cards​

• EVGA generally only releases reference versions of its products (NVIDIA reference-clock speeds and performance) to the Step-Up list. Due to stock limitations or other factors, EVGA will sometimes release models featuring a factory overclock or non-reference PCB to the Step-Up list. We do not encourage customers to try to "wait and see" if a factory overclock model is available if you are nearing the end of your Step-Up period, because this is not a consideration EVGA takes into account when determining Step-Up models. However, you are always free to wait until the end of your Step-Up period to make your choice.
  • Step-Up is limited to pre-approved graphics cards only and can only be used for exchange to a different and higher performing GPU.
  • Products known to have a limited availability will not be made available to the Step-Up program. (Limited availability determined by EVGA.)
  • Customers who received their EVGA graphics card as part of a complete computer system are not eligible - except for those listed on our approved system vendor list.
Graphics Cards Examples:

• GTX 980 Ti → GTX 1080: YES (Upgraded GPU)
  • GTX 1060 3GB → GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming: YES (Upgraded Memory)
  • GTX 1080 FTW → GTX 1080 Ti: YES (Upgraded Model)
  • GTX 1070 Ti → GTX 1070: NO (Downgraded Performance)

https://www.evga.com/support/stepup/

This is incorrect, their step up policy allows for memory increase as a step up case and specifically mentions the 1060 3GB to 1060 6GB as a step up option due to the memory increase. The main issue is whether they will offer the 20GB as a step up option right when it launches or if it will come after the 90 day window expires for the majority of early purchasers.

It's outlined in their step-up policy:

https://www.evga.com/support/stepup/
Hmm guess I remembered incorrectly.

Wonder how many 10GB 3080s will become a part of EVGA B-Stock once the 20GB models launch!

Reactions: Elios
like this
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Review

Interestingly enough, the biggest take away from this 3080 FTW3 review seems to be that ASUS knocked it out of the park with the TUF cards for the 3080/3090. Quite the flip from the 16/20 series and 5700/XT TUF cards which are average at best.

And that paying for these higher power target Ampere cards is almost pointless given you’ll draw nearly 100w more power for 3-5% more performance.

Interestingly enough, the biggest take away from this 3080 FTW3 review seems to be that ASUS knocked it out of the park with the TUF cards for the 3080/3090. Quite the flip from the 16/20 series and 5700/XT TUF cards which are average at best.

And that paying for these higher power target Ampere cards is almost pointless given you’ll draw nearly 100w more power for 3-5% more performance.

I don't have a link but Buildzoid did a PCB analysis of the TUF recently as well. Most of the components are equal to or slightly better than the FE, slightly worse than the Strix. Not bad if you can find one in stock.

Which you can't, so it's kind of a moot point...lol. I haven't seen an Asus card in stock since launch.

I mean, haven't we all realized that any $$$ over the base, standard MSRP card is not really worth it unless you're an extreme overclocker? So yeah, TUF seems to be the real winner of this.

I'd still consider the XC3 Ultra because it's 1) EVGA and 2) potentially more available via the queue system - both of which make the extra $100 (or whatever) worth it to me.

I Have no choice be to get the FTW3. Its the only card available for step up

Back