The [H] Post Pictures of your ManCave

And it's all setup save for the Mame machine which I haven't had a chance to try and setup yet.

Sonic Perler.jpg
Mario Kart Perler.jpg
Movies.jpg
Games.jpg
Handhelds.jpg
Modern Systems.jpg
Retro Systems.jpg

Last edited:
That's so awesome. Very nice work, I'm officially jealous. Those mario kart decals are sweet.

It may be a WIP but you win the prize for the first man cave with a hockey goal. I like it.

haha, yeah, it's my practice area.

It was originally out in the garage, but I got yelled at by our old lady neighbor the first week we moved in and decided to put it down in there. Didn't want to make too bad of an impression, so I moved it down in there.

I might figure out a way to make it a make-shift projector stand later on in life and make it a [H] movie room way down the road.

Wife approved Man Cave ... well, she let me have the room and bought me a sign for the door ...

A few older pictures and new pictures but the layout is still exactly the same. All the cables have been put in white trunking attached to the skirting board.

After2_zps2b7b0a36.jpg

The desk above has been updated since the picture was taken and now looks like this.

DestDone1_zpsjs7kbanh.jpg

DeskBuild5_zpsukyisu3n.jpg

The "Purple Pixel Eater" rig powers everything:

Final1_zpsqy6eyg9e.jpg

Ther desk was a small, plain but sturdy office desk before I customised it and made a monitor shelf:

DeskBuild1_zpshnjyzvnz.jpg

DeskBuild2_zpsforjgvdt.jpg

I built a stand for it so I could see into the case:

StandComplete3_zpssugja1by.jpg

Directly behind the desk is my DIY Vewlix arcade machine. I originally built this is 2009 but have updated it on a regular basis.

Large%20Vewlix_zpsoxgg15xm.jpg

It runs a customized Maximus Arcade frontend menu which I designed to fit in with the style of the cabinet.

The control panel is only a single player version as I wanted to keep the size of the cabinet small. It uses Sanwa partes with a hacked XBOX 360 pad as a controller:

WhiteButtons_zpskzjqdmsb.jpg

To the right of the arcade machine is a 'Console' Cabiet which can be used for either PC or console games. I built this for my son. It has a 32 inch screen with a speaker system in the upper section of the base.

ConsoleCab_zps22304984.jpg

XBOXArcade93_zpsca7eb947.jpg

To the left of the desk is my racing rig. This took about 350 hours to build:

AlmostComplete_zpse5919a52.jpg

RightSeatDone1_zpsdc81ee3b.jpg

ShowCase1_zpseecfc919.jpg

It has usable buttons switches and dials and has 4 Buttkickers mounted in it:

FinalDash4_zpse50e0757.jpg

FinalDash2_zpsbc8c2540.jpg

I'm currently working on a space simulation seat ... although I've no idea where I'm going to put it as I've run out of room:

HeadRestPads2_zpsjtsdanav.jpg

ArtworkIn1_zps119c695b.jpg

Tops4_zps4b582a95.jpg

Last edited:
Your work is gorgeous! Keep on posting! :D

Thank you - I'll post some more of the Space simulation seat once that progresses.

yeah he could/should have his own thread!!

I was just about to say the very same thing :D :cool:

Not sure which section to put this. Any ideas? Thanks.

ThereIs0nly0ne, those are amazing. The arcade cabinet is SOOOO much nicer than anything i've seen before.

Thanks. The arcade cabinet was the first 'quality' project I completed but have updated it over the years.

I'm now VR enabled:

Get a chair! :)

Also, is that a Toshiba HD-DVD player under the receiver? I gave mine away. I had to. I was hording an old technology. Great upscaler, but I kept buying HD-DVD's when I found them. Had to give it up and go all Blu.

Lol, I fit all of that in my Ford Edge (2013) and drove it down this weekend and set it all up on Sunday... I had to leave the chair out of this trip. The HM Aeron is coming with the rest of the furniture during the big move. Yes that's a Toshiba HD-A2.. I use it as a CD player only but i'll probably end up swapping it for one of my Pioneer Elite DV47ai units which does SACD also and has a nice pre-amp section. I think I'm going to add Sherbourn 100w monoblock amps to the Boston A25's too. Just use the Onkyo TX-8050 as a pre-amp.

I love your priorities. :) When I moved, I brought the PC, TV and all the media stuff before the couches and such. That way, you have music while you're doing the other stuff! :)

Exactly. I have to have my PC haven all setup and ready to go ahead of all the move chaos. Music during the unpacking is key... and some gaming distraction is good too. This was a particularly difficult move - I took things apart and loaded the car on Saturday and then drove 350 miles and unpacked plus built on Sunday.

I love your priorities. :) When I moved, I brought the PC, TV and all the media stuff before the couches and such. That way, you have music while you're doing the other stuff! :)

When I move, I only move the PC and desk after I have internet service ready for installation.

Still working on it here... pictorial update:

IMG_9148.JPG
IMG_9150.JPG
IMG_9144.JPG
IMG_9145.JPG

When I move, I only move the PC and desk after I have internet service ready for installation.

Yes the internet was the absolute very first thing that went in the house and then put the office together as a second step.. then the rest.

Last edited:
What are those speaker stands and the stand you have the receiver on?

The speaker stands were an eBay purchase.. Birks_place. You can order them in all kinds of custom sizes and styles. It took a -while- to get them...but they're nice. They require assembly and the middle part is C shaped, so the back is hollow but they are strong as shit too. Very study! The stand under the receiver is an Amazon "basics" I think a monitor stand. A PS4 fits perfectly underneath. It's not super deep but does the job.

Here's a better pic of both of them... don't mind my beat up desk. I think this is probably the last move with this one. And the speaker cables, I am going to move them to be more hidden inside of the window frame sort of behind the shade.... I *think*.. it only bugs me when I stare right at them. Ha!

DSC00022.JPG

And a few more pics of the cave for grins..

DSC00016.JPG
DSC00017.JPG
DSC00020.JPG
DSC00019.JPG

I swapped out the HM Aeron for a Corsair T1 and it's been a bit of an adjustment but ultimately I like the T1 better for longer gaming sessions. It's a bit more confining but it really cradles my whole body so much better. I also swapped out my Alesis Elevate 5's for some PreSonus Eris 5's and holy shit.. The PreSonus were for sure a solid level up in sound difference.. Maybe two. Just a note about those, they are VERY sensitive to power/hum and their only on/off switch is in the back with no power saving mode, so I connected them to their own power strip for easier power toggling. It had to be on an outlet with no UPS power and also not sharing an outlet with the PC that was feeding them signal. PreSonus also makes an 8" down firing sub which I was eye-baling but my Pioneer SW-8MK2 is still pounding out the bass just fine. I whipped up a little work space near the closet which I can tear down in 10 mins if I want a more clean look. The garage is just too hot in the summer to work in. Re: the closet - yes I have a bit of a hoarding issue. ;)

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just bought a new house having to start a new theater build. Here are a few pictures of the new room I’ll be finishing for the new theater. Room is 20x13 old room was 20x12. Should work out nice. I’ll have the same gear as the old room. JVC RS620, 7.2.4 atmos setup , 138 inch 2.35:1 screen. Doing 70% of the room in triple black velvet going for a fully blacked out room.

Attachments

• AE94F276-3FA7-4F8F-B89C-F6A7A6909533.jpeg
    AE94F276-3FA7-4F8F-B89C-F6A7A6909533.jpeg
    497.2 KB · Views: 0
  • D809AC03-6723-48E3-B2DA-D71B9280CD0C.jpeg
    D809AC03-6723-48E3-B2DA-D71B9280CD0C.jpeg
    471.6 KB · Views: 0
  • BD2F2204-4626-4B32-AB85-7127F4E66345.jpeg
    BD2F2204-4626-4B32-AB85-7127F4E66345.jpeg
    426.4 KB · Views: 0
Just bought a new house having to start a new theater build. Here are a few pictures of the new room I’ll be finishing for the new theater. Room is 20x13 old room was 20x12. Should work out nice. I’ll have the same gear as the old room. JVC RS620, 7.2.4 atmos setup , 138 inch 2.35:1 screen. Doing 70% of the room in triple black velvet going for a fully blacked out room.
That's a legit cave at the moment. Sweet plans. I'm also thinking of going with a projector setup. Never thought of going anamorphic screen. I can fit about a 110" 16x9 screen. Are most blue rays 2.35? I am definitely out of the loop as most of what I watch is via a fire stick.

Back