The [H] Post Pictures of your ManCave

Zarathustra[H];1041690291 said:
Well, we call it the "office" but here is my corner of it:

We don't have enough space for a proper mancave, in part due to living in a part of the country were a 300sqft basement 1 room condo can cost $300k, so this will have to do for now,

19039313541_80c893e63e_o.jpg
Well it looks pretty nice to me.

Zarathustra[H];1041690707 said:
Thank you, yeah, just more of a man corner, than a man cave :p

It's cool man. I had a man nook for a long while (posted earlier in this thread). It served me well. Gotta make do with what ya got sometimes!

Zarathustra[H];1041690291 said:
Well, we call it the "office" but here is my corner of it:

We don't have enough space for a proper mancave, in part due to living in a part of the country were a 300sqft basement 1 room condo can cost $300k, so this will have to do for now.

what game are you playing? i miss WW2.

what game are you playing? i miss WW2.

That is Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad.

Since its launchin 2011 it's been one of my top games. A little tough to get into if you are used to fast twitch games (movement can feel slow and clumsy, but that's because they are trying to make it more real). Once you get used to it, it has a tendency of rain ng other FPS games. I used to be a huge CS addict. Now CS feels silly by comparison.

64 player servers that absolutely DEMAND teamwork, an emphasis on capturing and holding territory more than. K/d ratios, and slow realistic movement, heavy emphasis on finding cover, and realistic bullet physics on huge outdoor maps, with combined arms (well, at least tabks and half tracks) together make this an amazing game to me, despite its shortcomings in graphics.

ah i suspected that was RO2. i think i picked it up a couple years ago on a steam sale but never played it. i'll have to give it a shot sometime. and yes i completely miss games set in the WW2 era :p. the last WW2 game i played was MOH:Airborne, 8 years ago.

I got a couple of mancaves. :D

Here's the messy one where I spent most of my time.

The "casual" TV setup. Just upgraded to a LG 84" 4K TV.

In order to run MadVR with the settings I wanted, I had to upgrade the Video card in the HTPC connected to the 4K LG.

Moving to the basement, here's the data storage and amplification for the house.

Next to the data center is the theater:

Running a pair of TC Sounds PA-5000 18" drivers. Also have shackers in all the theater seats.

Back side of the subs showing the cabinets which are bolted to the wall.

Backside of the racks which are next to the sub cabinets. Hopefully all those hard drives like bass. :D

And finally, the biggest mancave, is my 4 bay shop.

And the 2 bay extension. :D

WOW very impressive pclausen!!!

Looks like you're into a little bit of everything!!!

Here's my little home theater/office set up. The bottom could definitely use some work on cable cleanup:eek:. Replacing the old CM 690II case with a smaller cleaner case very soon (considering the NXZT s340), down the road I am going to replace the 37" TV with a much larger newer TV, as well as add a second 27" dell monitor.

20150913_132613.jpg

20150913_132644.jpg

20150913_132700.jpg

Okay, finally got a better pic of my rig.

Click on image for full-sized, high-res (5MB) version.

Love the Swollen Members poster. Also nice little nook of electronic goodness.

Madchild and prevail are rap gods in my eyes...love all there music...thanks for the like...

but not worse than mine! Wiretap what brand are those containers? :D

edit: looks like you need one more as well..... bottom right is different....
haha, you noticed :p I think most of them are Sterilite "shoe containers".. the other ones that don't match, I don't know what they are but I've had them for years. I just went on an amazon buying spree for organizing stuff. I still have quite a ways to go, but it makes finding parts much easier. Just the other day I went through about 1500 computer screws to separate them by thread size.. haha

Yeah, the level of organization in those pics makes me happy. lol. I have very similar containers for my old / spare PC gear.

@myelin1, while I applaud the choice of whiskeys, I question the inclusion of a white. I've yet to taste one that didn't make me immediately regret having an open mind about new things.

I dig the space though :)

@myelin1, while I applaud the choice of whiskeys, I question the inclusion of a white. I've yet to taste one that didn't make me immediately regret having an open mind about new things.

I dig the space though :)

it's local and i support the dude.

I'm a scotch man myself. I do love that setup you got going on. It's pretty classy.

I'm a scotch man myself. I do love that setup you got going on. It's pretty classy.

it's super classy, I'm half tempted to get a gallon of midnight blue paint and a mantle and see what it will do for my room :D

All finished! Except for the wall opposite the porch door... but we won't talk about that until it's done. ;)

AlODxq6.jpg

9nhpHk2.jpg

xS4XB5B.jpg

it's super classy, I'm half tempted to get a gallon of midnight blue paint and a mantle and see what it will do for my room :D

i appreciate it. if you really want to match the wall color, it's 'naval' from sherwin williams.

A couple of new additions to my playroom / office. Well, to the door at least. :)

IMG_6104_zpsddytikpl.jpg

Well I moved from a 4000sqft pad to one under 2000. So instead of a cave, have a man room now. Did what I could tho.

24160859459_4167c99fd4_b.jpg

24420339292_76a918f68a_b.jpg

24420339192_b206dcd6cb_b.jpg

I spy a psw505. they do move some air. :)

edit: It looks like you made really good use of the space - having a PC gaming station and a small home theater section also. Looks kind of perfect. I mean, having the whole basement of a large home to make a real cave in is nice, but having a room where everything at arms reach is nice too.

Last edited:
I spy a psw505. they do move some air. :)

edit: It looks like you made really good use of the space - having a PC gaming station and a small home theater section also. Looks kind of perfect. I mean, having the whole basement of a large home to make a real cave in is nice, but having a room where everything at arms reach is nice too.

Yea it isn't bad. Just wish I had a little more room to arrange the speakers. This house actually has a pretty large finished basement, but we made that the master bedroom as the real bedrooms are tiny.

Nice! Love your setup :D

Thanks.

This year is my Man cave project, heres a work in progress. Im still saving for Mirrors, Led Strips, Poker Table, Mini bar, Cable tidy up etc:
kAGSdE.jpg
SzlFKV.jpg
YyGaiR.jpg

This year is my Man cave project, heres a work in progress. Im still saving for Mirrors, Led Strips, Poker Table, Mini bar, Cable tidy up etc:
kAGSdE.jpg
SzlFKV.jpg
YyGaiR.jpg

I don't know.... looks like a whole lot of activity going on in that man-cave. I always thought man-caves were for destroying your health, not building it up...

Just kidding, that's a pretty rad space :)

Reactions: Rash
like this
Back