The [H] Post Pictures of your ManCave

LOL... I agree....

Though I think you meant "quite" not "quiet". If its "quiet" I think you blew your iNuke :D;):p

I got a good giggle. I make that mistake quite often myself.... My wife loves to make sure I know I did that too lol

Yea, I would notice if the iNuke killed over :) I bought the bigger one thinking I would want 2 Marty subs at some point. Well I believe I'm good with just the one. Finished all 3 of my speakers yesterday. They are sweet. Please ignore my high tech speaker stands.

20150310_130903_zpscyqwlxrg.jpg

I've read that baking soda is the ultimate speaker stand material. Cardboard is a bit lower on the list but will work in a pinch.

Yea, I would notice if the iNuke killed over :) I bought the bigger one thinking I would want 2 Marty subs at some point. Well I believe I'm good with just the one. Finished all 3 of my speakers yesterday. They are sweet. Please ignore my high tech speaker stands.

20150310_130903_zpscyqwlxrg.jpg

Yeah, I would LOVE another sub.... not likely..... and not really needed. I managed to rattle my cars windows (3 walls away) yesterday at 50% volume.... and turns out I busted a lamp in my turn signals with it too lol....

I "think" thats enough bass to hold me over for now...

I've read that baking soda is the ultimate speaker stand material. Cardboard is a bit lower on the list but will work in a pinch.

Its BETTER than sand or lead thats for sure... It adds a neutral smell to all the sound :p

Thanks for the kind comments.

Not much to say...so I'll keep it simple. In 2009, I suffered a stroke (from aura migraines) and lost everything. I'm 33, an use to work as an electronic engineer. Always suffered from aura migraines but one 16 hour day at work an I was hit with one that was a doozey. Lost feeling and grip in both hands as well as lost sight. Spent about a week in the hospital recovering. Both feeling and eye sight returned, but still suffer from migraines every few days and blind spots. My hospital bills towered up to 50,000 and up (now days you get sick you go broke) as well my doctors stated I am susceptible to aneurysm, and you can get the logistics of the rest.

So long story short, after walking through home depot, trying to think of a way to not be homeless...I saw the sheds which spark the idea. So with what was left in my savings, a close friend of mine allowed me to put the shed in his backyard, with access to house and I've been here ever since.

The rest room is like 10 feet away through the back sliding glass door. Just like folks leave their room to get to the bathroom.....not much different on my end.

I have a friend who was a software engineer and was mis-prescribed an antibiotic that essentially trashed a lot of his central nervous system and degraded many of his ligaments to the point where he can hardly lift anything of substantial weight. He got nowhere with it legally and lost everything as well. As bad as it is you sure have done well for yourself it seems considering the gravity of your situation. Its good to see that theres friends out there willing to lend you a hand.

So almost done with my false wall for the new screen.. Still have to add fabric to the wall around screen and sub to make it look like a flat wall. But it's getting there.. Also the new 138 inch 2:35.1 screen..

20150419_192947_zps4lbfckkm.jpg

20150419_224541_zps5exx4iwl.jpg

Thanks.. It's a lot better then the boxes they were sitting on lol. Putting the speakers behind the screen makes it so much better. Your brain wants you to look where the sound is coming from. With it behind the screen makes it so much more natural , so it's actually coming from the people that are talking.

Thanks.. It's a lot better then the boxes they were sitting on lol. Putting the speakers behind the screen makes it so much better. Your brain wants you to look where the sound is coming from. With it behind the screen makes it so much more natural , so it's actually coming from the people that are talking.

Yeah, your setup looks like the right way to do things. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

my 2015 man cave starting line up...everything is with in reach of my chairs position...and as always subject to change without notice...a lot!

from left to right:

1-2.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-4.jpg

4-1.jpg

someone please identify this thingy for me. I've been seeing it over and over on this and other threads and have no idea what it is for:

TQjRJlu.jpg

someone please identify this thingy for me. I've been seeing it over and over on this and other threads and have no idea what it is for:
It's a control module for a Logitech Z-5500 speaker system.

And, yes... that Bat'leth is one sexy killing tool!

Last edited:
Hi,
Yes Z-5500 controler. But it died last month.
Thank you for Bat'leth , it's 8kg carbon steel!

Time to post a quick update

I got the new rack yesterday and got it installed. Its a Salamander Archtype 5.0 which is a flexi rack so its 100% adjustable height wise which is good since I flip gear often lol......

Assembly was quite easy... but it normally is when you use child labor :smile: (link to cute video that wont insert here)

Its final home. Here is what we have:

HTPC -> Black Cat Veloce Coaxial cable -> B&K Reference 50 -> Douglass Connection RCA -> Parasound HCA-1200ii -> Douglass Connection speaker cables (banana's on amp end, spades on speaker)

And to the way it looks now all said and done. The 3 pictures on the left were purchased by my wife from a friend. I still plan to get my wall treatments up and may use canvas w/ posters printed on them. Thinking something FireFly, Master Chief, and then maybe the famous hair blowing back in chair picture & Star Wars.....

And because this is a computer forum, here are the internals of the computer (parts list in my sig). Its to small of a case to really do a ton of cable managment, especially as adding another hard drive requires a total removal of the HDD cage which would require re-doing the cables anyway....

The rack looks nice.. Was looking at them online. Is it just a threaded rod running through and then just bolts for stops for each self? Thanks

The rack looks nice.. Was looking at them online. Is it just a threaded rod running through and then just bolts for stops for each self? Thanks

Yup. Bolts at the top and bottom with a rubber washer and steel washer sandwiched between...

It's a PITA to level lol..

Can't wait for the casters I ordered then I can get it off the moving men I have it on now lol...

Yup. Bolts at the top and bottom with a rubber washer and steel washer sandwiched between...

It's a PITA to level lol..

Can't wait for the casters I ordered then I can get it off the moving men I have it on now lol...

Thanks. Might have to make something like this for my desk project. Looking to sale my server rack. Taking up to much room in my office. This would work well for all my equipment and look really nice. I would use Oak to match the desk I'm building.

Thanks. Might have to make something like this for my desk project. Looking to sale my server rack. Taking up to much room in my office. This would work well for all my equipment and look really nice. I would use Oak to match the desk I'm building.

Save yourself some cash. Google "Flexi Rack" and you will see lots of pictures to help get a decent design.

This rack sells for 500 bucks if purchased online now. I paid 150 which was a steal.

If I was more handy with woodworking (but I'm not) I could have likely made it for less.

Nice rack, and that video of your kid is freaking adorable.

Thanks! Shes definitely enjoys trying to help daddy with stereo equipment. She also REALLY enjoys listening to music and dancing or rocking in her chair sitting in the sweet spot :D.

I got a couple of mancaves. :D

Here's the messy one where I spent most of my time.

mancave1.JPG

The "casual" TV setup. Just upgraded to a LG 84" 4K TV.

LG-01.JPG

In order to run MadVR with the settings I wanted, I had to upgrade the Video card in the HTPC connected to the 4K LG.

gtx970hard-03.JPG

Moving to the basement, here's the data storage and amplification for the house.

846bothracks.JPG

Next to the data center is the theater:

ht1.jpg

ht2.jpg

Running a pair of TC Sounds PA-5000 18" drivers. Also have shackers in all the theater seats.

sub.jpg

subs5.jpg

Back side of the subs showing the cabinets which are bolted to the wall.

subback.jpg

Backside of the racks which are next to the sub cabinets. Hopefully all those hard drives like bass. :D

846backside.JPG

And finally, the biggest mancave, is my 4 bay shop.

shopfull3.JPG

And the 2 bay extension. :D

shopfull7.JPG

pclausen are you looking to adopt? I am a 27 year old child who would fit in nicely to your world.

Haha. I got 4 and 2 year old daughters, so adopting is kinda hard right now. Will let you know if that changes. :D

Storage all for personal use (media). Got 120TB right now with PLENTY of expansion room. :D

Holy crap 120tb. That's crazy. I'm only like 16tb with over 350 bluray and I still have room for like 50 ish more. That's insane.

Everyone has some really sweet man caves. I hate to ask this, but could it be possible for some of you guys to submit your setups on my web application? battlestationwars.com I'm mostly a HardForum lurker, but I thought you guys/gals might appreciate my web app. Thanks everyone!

I7LvnO2l.png

9bTejgbl.png

Well, we call it the "office" but here is my corner of it:

We don't have enough space for a proper mancave, in part due to living in a part of the country were a 300sqft basement 1 room condo can cost $300k, so this will have to do for now,

19039313541_80c893e63e_o.jpg

Back