The [H] Post Pictures of your ManCave

Updated pictures of the man cave. Just got done putting in LED lights in the ceiling and putting the reset of the panels in. Led lights are on a dimmer. Was fun running 20a wire that I had left over to the stupid lights lol Doesn't bend for crap.. Have the air vent on order for the grid. Also have a roll of 12ga wire from monoprice to run all the wires in the wall..

20141130_102936_zps1tcphkix.jpg

20150101_210802_zpskaph7i9u.jpg

We moved in January of year. We actually closed on the house in December and I had two weeks prior to moving in to get some projects done around the house. My original plan was to lay tile in the two bathrooms upstairs during week one and build out the mancave in week 2. Well, week 2 turned into week 3, 4, 5, 6.....you get the idea. 6 months later I am 99% done. I say 99% because like most of you I will constantly be tinkering, updating, rearranging, rewiring, building and adding stuff to the cave. I spent months putting together framing ideas and constantly tweaking my concept until I settled on the final draft I was satisfied with. Here are some pics. Enjoy!

The Entrance

I so hate you right now! Such an amazing man cave! I especially like how you have a separate room for testing and repairing keeping your entertaining area nice and clean.

Last edited:
oh hi, gallery at http://countercultured.net/pics/ht

new couch not in the pics, but *shrug*, my version of the ultimate man cave.

For scale, that's a 10 foot screen, 8 foot ceilings.

ASGZ6.jpg

Started as this, myself and a friend did all the work.

I cant even begin to imagine how many women you have turned on just by turning up your bass!

Last edited:
Okay, so couple things you should know:

1. I'm in university- So no fancy setups compared to the rest of you guys.
2. I'm in a fraternity- This room was where I learned my DIY chops fixing what generations of frat boys had broken.
3. One good thing about fraternities is you get lots of second hand gear- My Akai receiver being one of many things.

RENOVATION:

So this is what my room looked like before I decided to renovate it. I lived about 5 months in it before I decided that renovating (all paid for, just my time and labour invested) was the best option given the amount of wear it had- The flooring was peeling up and there was no ceiling in the closet:

So down came the closet. Seriously, I was pissed at the rest of the guys who drywalled the ceiling in 2005 but were too lazy to drywall in the closet:

New drywall and crack repair. Insulated the roof, installed a vapour barrier and 5/8 drywall:

New flooring foam underlay. You can see how bad the wear on the floor was, had to rip out the quarter moulding and install new ones:

MAN-CAVE:

So now what, 5 months since the renovation I've really changed up the place. In the picture below you can see the new shelving, AC unit, speakers, sound system and new flooring. Also note the mass armoury of Nerf guns. Why? Why not?:

In the image below you can see the rad that heats the room, the AC unit I installed, JVC SK-202 speaker, my computer's relatively puny subwoofer, and before anyone asks, no, that's not a real carbine- It's a paintball replica of a Canadian Forces C8A3. The AC, speakers, racing wheel were second hand. Also, rice cooker, saves me money on food:

Direct shot of the workstation. It's actually normally this clean. Have a 19 inch Samsung as a secondary monitor at 1280x1024 and a 24 inch ASUS LED LCD at 1980x1080 as primary. Both are hooked up to the Velocity Micro system (under the desk) in my signature. This computer was bought in 2007 and got a second lease on life when I installed a 96 GB Kingston SSD and a XFX Radeon HD 6850- It runs damn smooth on BF3 at the moment:

One of the best things I've found in this house. It's an AKAI AM-2450 receiver from the late 70s/early 90s. I had actually found a Technics SA-5060 a month earlier, but my roommate needed a system for blasting his vinyls, and the Technics had an issue with playing music at low volume, so he took it. The Akai was found in a basement room, and to my surprise it still works. TV, Xbox, and my laptop are connected to it. The laptop plays music/radio since the Akai doesn't have a tuner. I do plan on hooking up my main computer... Speaking of the laptop, it's an old but sturdy "Blackbook" running Windows 7. It's attached to the Akai and the TV so I can stream video while guests are over- Thinking of getting a Logitech k400 keyboard but I have other things to pay for first:

I wept the day I saw a helicopter barrel roll in this game. But it's still fun. Red locker holds valuables, airsoft stuff, and the disassembled paintball gun when I'm away. Yes, that is my laundry.:

And this is what I do on some mornings when I should be sleeping:

sweet setup you have there! Awesome work on you're closest. I am surprised your house was even able to pass inspection with that like that.

Last edited:
5250 watts is nothing. One of my amps will do 14,000 watts, and I have 4 ;) Last I checked, that's over ten times the power you're boasting about, with eight of possibly the best 18" subs ever made.

I'm not normally one to have a pissing contest, but hey you whipped it out first.

google lab.gruppen fp14000 =]
Seriously, are you building a man cave or a club!

Last edited:
Hi,
[H]ardOCP is one of my web reference pages, however this is my first post here.

I wathched all pages of this thread and saw amazing man caves.:eek:
I remember this thread was posted before, but this time I decided to show my gaming cave:rolleyes:

This system consist of

PC SETUP:
Intel i7-960@4Ghz + NoctuaNH-U12PSE2
GigabyteX58A-UD5
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 3x4GB@2000
Sapphire5970@870-1200 @5884x1080
ZOTAC Geforce GTX460 (for Physx)
AuzenX-FI HTHD
SSD OCZ Vertex3 120GB (SG1TB+WD500MB)
Gigabyte Odin 1200W
Win7x64 Ultimate SP1
3xSony Bravia 46HX800, 2 in DVI, 1 on miniDP (via active nimiDP to HDMI)

AUDIO SETUP:
Sony Discrete 7CH Amplifier DA3200ES
2X JBL Northridge E60
2X JBL Northridge E80
JBL SimplyC SCS178 (5.1)

CONSOLE SETUP:
3X PS3

Id definitely like to take this puppy out for a ride! I dont think I would ever have to squint with those monitors to see something small!

Last edited:
I’ve been a very long time lurker (about 13 years now) but Steve’s news post today inspired me to change that. So, here are some pictures of my basement. Things are constantly upgraded and because of that some of these photos are already outdated. But here we go... Oh, and sorry for the poor photos.

All I can really say about your set up is WOW, how ever resizing those pictures would be awesome for us poor folk who still use monitors below 25 inches =(

Last edited:
Ok here we go. A Full bar for a man cave would be the best thing for anyone who drinks to have. Probably the safest way to get drunk is in you're own bar down stairs! =D

Last edited:
My mancave history...

2003 - I get engaged... ignorance is in full effect

2005 - We get married "Im sure i will get to keep my special room"

2006 - My mancave turned in to a 'Scrapbooking room"

2007 - We move, more space, YAY, another mancave!!

2009 - My child is born, and the mancave dies... oh well, nursery was fun to build

2011 - We move to another larger house, WOHOO, new MANCAVE! This time a garage conversion, LOTS OF SPACE!! YES SCORE!

2011 - Parents run in to extreme financial hardship.. .garage mancave turned in to apartment for my parents... bye bye mancave.

2012 - Well, a spare bedroom turned in to an office is better than nothing

2012 (April) - Mom "Son, can we turn this room in to a sewing room? Me - "F you mom!"

Wow dude if it isnt one thing it is truly another it seems in your instance. Hopefully you will get your man cave back soon enough!

HAHA, if that comment was directed at me, the only gripe I have about my current mancave is that I have no Cable/Satellite connection in there. My house is a 6 bedroom, and the other rooms are eating up all of the bandwidth that the Satellite can supply without adding a second dish... ugh.

Oh well, when Im in the office/cave, Im usually quite content on just using my PC anyway.

Its a fraction of the size my REAL mancave was, but its still mine! But, if you look really carefully in the reflection of the posters, you can make out the top of my daughters head, and her games on my screen... I remedied that by building her, her own machine which is in her "Kid cave" yes, I made my kid a "Kid Cave" pics of that later!

Sweet sweet indeed! Wheres the kid cave at though?

Last edited:
ok... my new office... just moved in a couple weeks ago... still come tuning to do but here it is so far

(yeah I know it's not xmas, but I likes the colored lights..)

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

what's stuffed in the closet
IMG_0525.jpg

I have a doom poster and an unreal poster on order which I am going to frame and put up... also thinking about another shelf of display case video cards where the RC truck is.. I have a tote full of ATI cards and a couple other rare-ish older nvidia cards.. I have a Soltek Golden Flame mobo also trying to find a shadow box for.

well... it's a good start but there's still a lot to do. :)

I think I am in love with this cave!!!!

I just started using that exact screen saver on my laptop. Love it

put up some more decorations... I got spots for two more mobos... thinking DFI UT p35 and then the Soltek Golden Flame... but that one has some leaky caps I want to replace first.

IMG_0532.jpg

The DIMMs on the Dragon Platinum are Giel Dragon series ddr modules. All dragon!! :D

I love the decorations but you are making me cry that you have them mounted on your wall and not a chasis! =(

Last edited:
Didn't know where else to post this, but I was just soo excited that I had to post it somewhere. I had a brand new PS3 slim 320gb just laying around (bought it, never used it), and I was going to throw it on Craigslist to put some money in my pocket.

Anyway, I found a guy that had a rackmount cabinet that he had gotten as payment for some plumbing work that he had done. I traded him my PS3 straight up for this bad boy.

I think it's a 42U, 7'x2'x3'.

I can't find any model numbers on here, but I think they are Norco rpc-450's. Everything is here too. There are 10 cases total, all the front dust covers are there, all the top case doors ( still have the plastic on the case doors) keys, hardware, mounts, RAILS, everything except the doors and side panels on the rack itself. Also each case has 2-120mm fans in front of the drive cages, and an 80mm in the back.

There was an MSI P7N-SLI mobo with an Intel Xeon 1.86ghx 3040 dual core inside the bottom case. I don't know if i will ever actually use it, I mean my AMD board (MSI 870-G45) has more, and faster SATA ports, and my amd 925 has twice the cores.

Just putting the AMD rig in the chasis, it was just running laying on my workbench, so this is better. The fans are MUCH louder, but they definitely move a hell of a lot more air.

Oh there was also about 8 drives included, hidden in the cases. a 40gb, couple 80s, couple 160gb's. All of them were older WD Caviar SE drives. 1 was an IDE, the rest were SATA 1.5gbps. =(

All in all I think I found a very good craigslist treasure. In total, I think I came out almost $2000 ahead.

Rack - ~$500
+Chasis - $80x10
+Rails - $40x10 sets
+Xeon - $20
+Mobo - $20
+Misc drives - $50 total
= ~$1790

Sorry for the bad pics, and for the lengthy post.

Cheers,
coop
Wow that is amazing. You are one lucky bastage! You shoulda played the lottery that day or week!

Last edited:
I'm only bolding and enlarging the font on this post for the sole reason of making it stand out amongst the scrolling headache of posts.

Please don't quote entire posts worth of pictures. Feel free to quote their post, but edit out the pictures. If you want to leave a couple pics in to point out something specific, that is fine. But please refrain from quoting several massive pics in a row. Try deleting out the line of code that includes the image you don't need to show (denoted by the
B]

Last edited:
I apologize for that NUmb. I got a little bit ahead of myself and didnt even think of that. I have just been admiring you're members man caves and wanted to say how much I liked them. Sorry for the picture quotes ill try to edit them

I apologize for that NUmb. I got a little bit ahead of myself and didnt even think of that. I have just been admiring you're members man caves and wanted to say how much I liked them. Sorry for the picture quotes ill try to edit them
It's ok. :cool:
It needs to be said every once in a while. You aren't the only one to do it, and you won't be the last. Just a heads up for other people. Posts like that cause issues on mobile devices struggling to load on slow wireless connections, plus they make the thread even more time consuming to view by forcing you to scroll through something you have seen already. ;)

Last edited:
No prob, just went back and edited most my quotes/replies. I will be sure to keep that in mind when quoting someone again. I guess I just got a little lost admiring these beautiful works of arts. Ill have to post one of mine soon, cant compete with any of these though. Hehe =P

again sorry and have a great night bud!

No prob, just went back and edited most my quotes/replies. I will be sure to keep that in mind when quoting someone again. I guess I just got a little lost admiring these beautiful works of arts. Ill have to post one of mine soon, cant compete with any of these though. Hehe =P

again sorry and have a great night bud!

The Captain is right but it's all good. Throw some pics of your cave up here. This thread doesn't get updated often enough.

Technically this is not a man cave just my bedroom. But it comes close enough. It is not as big as it may seem but it gets the job down well. A lot of the tech I use is out dated, like my tv, laptop, and stereo, as well as my pc but my pc is the most up to date unit I have. It runs an i5-3570k at 4.0Ghz, I used to run it at 4.5 but lowered it to longer its life. I have an evga gtx 660 3g, 8g of ram, intel 520 180g SSD for my C drive and a few other drives for storage and games I dont play as often as those on the SSD. I apologize in advance for the mess but I have been extremely busy with school so cleaning hasn't been my top priority. I do have a decent sound system so when I want a theater like experience I can make it come close enough for me, but definitely not close enough for others! ;) Enjoy!
IMG_0812.jpg

I think I am in love with this cave!!!!

I just started using that exact screen saver on my laptop. Love it

Thanks - that's actually my old lair. We moved and I while my new space is larger I kind of liked how the shelves were over the surround setup in this cave.

I love the decorations but you are making me cry that you have them mounted on your wall and not a chasis! =(

haha! Thanks. The DFI is non functioning so I thought it might make good wall art.. the Soyo is working but I have it safely wrapped up now and put away. I should put that one back on the bench. Always loved that white/silver PCB.

I don't know if I really have a "mancave". It's more living room\Mancave. Nerd dad, FTW!

TV, Xbox 360, PS3's, Blu-Ray player and Wii

Diapers, Games and Controllers

PC's (L-R): Ubuntu box, Main boxen, legacy box

It'll be even better when I have my beer bong so I don't even need to walk over to the kitchen to drink! :D

Yeah, it was my wife's, but it became a full-fledged diaper depot when we started having kids. We're looking at the end of that road, so about a year ago, I commandeered half of it for console stuff.
It feels much like Sauder furniture, but I'm not sure if it is or not...it came with the package. :D

Nice.. You can't really see it in the picture but the black box the speaker is sitting on is a Full size Marty 18 powered with a Behringer NU3000DSP iNuke. Sub is quiet insane lol .

Nice.. You can't really see it in the picture but the black box the speaker is sitting on is a Full size Marty 18 powered with a Behringer NU3000DSP iNuke. Sub is quiet insane lol .

LOL... I agree....

Though I think you meant "quite" not "quiet". If its "quiet" I think you blew your iNuke :D;):p

I got a good giggle. I make that mistake quite often myself.... My wife loves to make sure I know I did that too lol

Back