The [H] Post Pictures of your ManCave

2 blue Venus bass traps

DV019_Jpg_Regular_422630_web_comp.jpg

i'm using them like conventional foam panels because i don't play by the rules :p

How do you like the Ernie Ball? I used to love the neck on the Van Halen version but never owned one.

love it. i wish it was a bit fatter, i think the vh necks are fatter than this one.
best birdseye i've ever seen in person.

ernie-ball.AlbertLee2.png

I almost didn't notice the cat-

Just got a new projector screen. It's a step up from the white photo backdrop paper I was using previously. Sorry for the dark pic
clN9LU6.jpg

That a Elemental Designs A2-300 I see by any chance :). I have one of em and love it...

We just bought a house so I am hoping I can finally crank it to see just how well it does...

my lair of geekery v3.0 in the works.. more pics when night comes..

IMG_0954_zpscf8656f3.jpg

IMG_0950_zpsc5e786d2.jpg

IMG_0951_zpsd7f2a80b.jpg

yep, 2 voodoo2's in SLI doing their thang.. and very well after all these years. :)

does that computer boot straight into doom? because it should... :) nice closet!

lol... it's xp but I should toss glquake.exe into the startup folder. :cool:

I didn't get any more pics.. booo. I got druuuunk last night after a crazy week of moving, unpacking, decorating and lots of other crap... but the room looks cool at night with all the mood lighting. hopefully will snap some off tonight.

a few more pics... I am so tired from moving.. will try and get some more artistic shots soon

IMG_0977_zpsd954cf6b.jpg

IMG_0972_zps024bda9a.jpg

IMG_0973_zps2c75ca16.jpg

IMG_0976_zps1d19aff5.jpg

IMG_0975_zpsc58d3811.jpg

IMG_0974_zps6ae3e3fc.jpg

IMG_0978_zpscc7c1bc8.jpg

IMG_0981_zps7ab0366b.jpg

IMG_0980_zpsc9f4fcca.jpg

I think I need a fixed zoom wide angle lens to capture the room properly.. :eek:

thanks.. it's one of those things.. people here appreciate it but most others just think I am some kind of hoarder... lol. sigh..

when I get a new lens I will take some better pics.. I can't capture the whole room properly.

thanks.. it's one of those things.. people here appreciate it but most others just think I am some kind of hoarder... lol. sigh..

when I get a new lens I will take some better pics.. I can't capture the whole room properly.

Nice set up, I always love seeing your old hardware in the clear cases, very slick, especially with the lights. I'm also jealous, I moved back in October and my "cave" is still coming together. But that's because I've saddled myself with staining/sealing a new table and shelves.

Also glad to see I'm not alone in having to make provisions for a furry little friend. I've always found that they want to be in whatever room you're in, so it's best to just prepare for that.

Thanks! those little display boxes worked so well... I got them at the container store and I think they are for showing off model cars. I feel like the room I have now I can finally kind of go wild and tailor it properly to my likings.. At 15x12 and a huge closet I finally have room to spread out and geek out. :) my ideal sitch would have been a basement area, but I kind of like being on the second story also... great view and my subwoofer really pounds the floor well. :cool:

edit: these are the lights - they use 6x AAA batteries but they last a long time. they have two modes, bright and slightly less bright.. good lights for the $ because they have lots of directions they can point, they are bright, and they sip the batteries lightly.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
First of all, +1000 internets for you. Awesome.

Second question (repeat) - do you actually live in this thing? It's missing a toilet and a shower (ok, real men don't need showers), so I'm guessing not. So your loft is for shaggin' then?

What a story bro....:S
It's good to have people around here that remember us that life is not easy....we live in a society where everybody watch for her nose only....

Glad you overcame the struggles and find out a way to live with less...;)

Thanks for sharing your shed...i like it....

That beats the crap out of the tool shed I used to live in. I definitely had you beat on square footage. Though you probably don't wake up to rats and roaches crawling on you like I did.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Not much to say...so I'll keep it simple. In 2009, I suffered a stroke (from aura migraines) and lost everything. I'm 33, an use to work as an electronic engineer. Always suffered from aura migraines but one 16 hour day at work an I was hit with one that was a doozey. Lost feeling and grip in both hands as well as lost sight. Spent about a week in the hospital recovering. Both feeling and eye sight returned, but still suffer from migraines every few days and blind spots. My hospital bills towered up to 50,000 and up (now days you get sick you go broke) as well my doctors stated I am susceptible to aneurysm, and you can get the logistics of the rest.

So long story short, after walking through home depot, trying to think of a way to not be homeless...I saw the sheds which spark the idea. So with what was left in my savings, a close friend of mine allowed me to put the shed in his backyard, with access to house and I've been here ever since.

The rest room is like 10 feet away through the back sliding glass door. Just like folks leave their room to get to the bathroom.....not much different on my end.

Dude... All the power to you. That is a brilliant idea and very creative of you. May I ask what the build cost and how long it took?

I dig the shed/barn...I have a few questions for you though.

What does your sound system consist of? What brand etc.

Is that desk bought or made?

Thanks!

I recognized you as casting couch guy from /r/battlestations.
Even more impressive with the backstory and the complete conversion of a shed to compact living quarters.

Hopefully things are on the uptick for you brotha!

Jascias - another BIC speaker fan.. good stuff! I love them myself. I have DV64's, PL-66's and the same center you have there. What bias lighting are you using behind the TV?

Not much to say...so I'll keep it simple. In 2009, I suffered a stroke (from aura migraines) and lost everything. I'm 33, an use to work as an electronic engineer. Always suffered from aura migraines but one 16 hour day at work an I was hit with one that was a doozey. Lost feeling and grip in both hands as well as lost sight. Spent about a week in the hospital recovering. Both feeling and eye sight returned, but still suffer from migraines every few days and blind spots. My hospital bills towered up to 50,000 and up (now days you get sick you go broke) as well my doctors stated I am susceptible to aneurysm, and you can get the logistics of the rest.

So long story short, after walking through home depot, trying to think of a way to not be homeless...I saw the sheds which spark the idea. So with what was left in my savings, a close friend of mine allowed me to put the shed in his backyard, with access to house and I've been here ever since.

The rest room is like 10 feet away through the back sliding glass door. Just like folks leave their room to get to the bathroom.....not much different on my end.

wow, hope all goes well. in one of those pics, is that your dog too?

man i feel for you, i am the same age as you ans suffer from migranes as well. i just hope i never hit a nasty one again, i had a bad one in my teens but not had anything that bad since. sucks about the hospital bills, here in the UK with the NHS we dont have to go through that

I just bought a new place, room is smaller than my last, but I did what I could with the space.. this took just about 3 weeks...

Last edited:
GIK Acoustics..

6 242 panels
3 244 Bass panels
2 tri traps

I plan to add more down the road, but that was a good starter package.

Back