The [H]orde is back on the [H]unt!

Kendrak

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2009
It seems we have caught back up with EVGA again.

Now part of this might be their end of month lul, however I think a large part of it is their March Madness contest bump is over.

We have also kept up a crazy lvl of production!

So fold on! Fold [H]ard to close the gap!

I know I'm trying to bring a bit more stuff online myself. And when I have a few seconds to myself (2 year old daughter and free time !=) I will be rebuilding and OC-ing my 4P.

Also, look for a nice 'lil contest after the [H]ard boxen one. Small, simple, and should go well on the front page.

Been tracking things even though i'm on vacation, excellent news - hopefully their sustained run didn't expand the gap too much and that we can now spend a month catching back up - chimp challenge will be their next big push in may.

Looking at extra D myself now that the bill for car repairs is less than I thought.

If I remember correctly, before the March run we where about 1.3 billion points behind. Now we are 1.5 billion behind. Over the last couple of days we have been gaining about 2 million points. Hopefully in the next week or so we will start gaining even more ground :)

We just need to keep the preasure on.

First of the month is soon and we need to keep it up!

So what was with the March Madness?

They have a contest with prizes. Many of their folders are part time (or what we would call part time) and they light their rig(s) up to get as many entries as possible for the contests.

They have a contest with prizes. Many of their folders are part time (or what we would call part time) and they light their rig(s) up to get as many entries as possible for the contests.

So this is a special one for March on top of the regular once a month thing they do?

Well I am away from my farm. Am down in Florida laying in the sun and chasing lovely... well lets just say watching the view. Anyways I have two 2p systems, one an SR2 that I will be firing up when I return. Course if the Michigan weather doesnt turn warm... might be a while. In any case I will be firing those up in Mid April and getting my I7-2600K back up and running (long story) and my I7-970 that has crashed while I have been away.
So... mid April I might contribute a few more points.

If I remember correctly, before the March run we where about 1.3 billion points behind. Now we are 1.5 billion behind. Over the last couple of days we have been gaining about 2 million points. Hopefully in the next week or so we will start gaining even more ground :)

Not quite that bad, i don't have access to the spreadsheet i'm using to track the gap with but a quick look at EOC is telling me the madness contest of theirs only cost us 50mil points

should be getting the SR2 going again this weekend hopefully

Here's the gap I was tracking, stopped on March 1st

Feb 25 -1,339,339,760...
Feb 27 -1,333,611,393...
Feb 28 -1,324,286,250...
Mar 01 -1,318,748,305...
Mar 27 -1,352,029,869...
Mar 30 -1,345,489,624...

So they added about 34 million on the gap. If we can get back to our 30 mil glory days like before, we put 21 mil on them in one week lol. Gotta push it hard guys and gals, let's get that number out of the billions!!

Last edited:
Maybe I can help :D
By this weekend I will have the new 4P with 6166HEs online and OCd.
Since all the help on the BIOS OC came from [H] it will be dedicated for folding to the
[H]orde 24/7.

My first 4P rig with OCd 6128s is running for another team until the end of March. At that time I'm shifting it over to [H] as well. It will be down some of the time as I am experimenting with a possible OV modification that I have been discussing with tear for the Magny Cours.

That should add over 800K PPD to the cause.

New to the team. Added an i5 to FAH team 33; running FAH now. Will add an i7 tomorrow.

I love all this new blood around here! WE WANT MAOR HAWT NOOBIES!!!

I'll be adding my WCed OCed Quad 6174 machine to the [H]orde when it's finished.
It will be sweet folding for a cause within the cause ;)

I pulled my q8200 off wcg and put it on FAH team 33. Running now.

I read through the Stanford FAH site. Love the protein research. Found out something I didn't know: HardOCP is rank #2. I love a good team take-over; never been in a race for the #1 slot though. Will be adding my motley assortment of q6600's and i7's to the cause over the next couple days.

edit* need a new user account. my output is being directed to XS.

Last edited:
You'll need a new passkey with a team change as well...

No you don't. You need a new passkey if you change names. Changing teams only requires updating the fah client configuration with the new team number.

You'll need a new passkey with a team change as well...

I thought a passkey change was not needed to change teams or user name. Only if you want to discern points from one piece of HW to another.
I have two passkeys, they both have the same user name and team number. For a HW limited competition I assigned the second passkey to only one piece of folding gear. The rest are assigned my original passkey. Username and team are the same for both passkeys and all the points from all the gear show up under my name and team.

If I'm wrong I need to be corrected! :eek:

Hmmm hadn't heard anything about using different passkeys for different hardware. Interesting.
In my case I have several machines running all with the same passkey. When I moved from my former team to this one I didnt change the passkey. Only changed the team number and all is well. Points now shifted to the [H]orde.

I thought a passkey change was not needed to change teams or user name. Only if you want to discern points from one piece of HW to another.
I have two passkeys, they both have the same user name and team number. For a HW limited competition I assigned the second passkey to only one piece of folding gear. The rest are assigned my original passkey. Username and team are the same for both passkeys and all the points from all the gear show up under my name and team.

If I'm wrong I need to be corrected! :eek:

I think you're correct...The passkey is only associated with the Username, not the team number a person is folding for.

Dang it, my n00b is showing again. Hate it when that happens.

I created a new name with a new passkey. P9FOS is me. (Plan 9 from Outer Space).

Got it running on one box, gonna watch the stats pages for the update.

Thanks for the help.

I do know this, and found out the hard way: :rolleyes:
If you start a new passkey, regardless of team, HW or username, the counter starts from zero again for completed WUs towards getting the bonus points. Completed two 6904s before realizing I was getting non-bonus credit. :mad:
I disabled -smp and let it fold regular WUs for a day to get my 10 complete.
This does not affect the HW associated with the old passkey in any way.

I think you're correct...The passkey is only associated with the Username, not the team number a person is folding for.

Actually I think the passkey is only "truely" locked to the email address you enter when requesting one.
You can change username and team # all you want in the client setup and those changes will work.
If you send a request for a passkey and use the same email address as before it will send you the exact same passkey. I tried this because I was at work and needed to know my old passkey.

however your points are tied to your username nto your pass key , i think

P9FOS is me. (Plan 9 from Outer Space).
Welcome! Say hi to Ed Wood and Bela Lugosi for me.

Plan_9_poster.JPG

Plan 9 from outer space, Great movie, almost as good as Killer Tomatoes from outer space.
Both voted worst movies ever made, but I like them:D

how can two movies both be voted the worst movie ever made ......

Equally bad????
Only nerds can love such loathsome entertainment :eek: (and that includes mwah ;) )

Last edited:
Regarding Passkey's......

Your passkey is based on your f@h username and the email address you use to request one.
All new passkey's must complete 10 WU within the preferred deadline to qualify the passkey for bonus points.
Its is recommended that in order to qualify the passkey as quick as possible set the machine to run standard SMP until the 10 WU are complete.
You must keep an average of 80% or more WU completed within the preferred deadline in order to keep the passkey qualified for bonus points.
Once qualified you will earn bonus points for all SMP and some uni proc WU as long as you finish before the preferred deadline.
It does NOT matter if you subsequently change team numbers ( I use the same one on both teams I fold for).
You can use the same passkey on however much hardware you want as long as you use the same username.
Should you want to change username you need a new passkey.
Deadlines are taken from the time the server downloads the unit to your rig to the time the server receives the unit back.

Hope that helps clear any confusion

Back