The [H]ardOCP Mini-Giveaway Sponsored by ASUS

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
The [H]ardOCP Mini-Giveaway Sponsored by ASUS

1433807116sU3xmf8c0g_1_1.jpg

This Lucky Draw is for those [H]'ers looking for something a bit smaller! We will be giving away an ASUS Z97I-PLUS mini-ITX motherboard AND an ASUS GeForce® GTX 960 Mini video card to ONE lucky winner.

P_setting_fff_1_90_end_500.png
P_setting_fff_1_90_end_500.png

THIS LUCKY DRAW IS OVER AND HAS BEEN CLAIMED

Last edited:
I want to try my hand at building a small build, this would be a great start!

Smaller is better because the best things come in small packages!

Although she said it was a good size!

Last edited:
Smaller is better because it means I have more desk space for a bigger monitor, surround sound system;
smaller is better because it means more sleek and streamlined appearances, and greater optimal use of real estate for productivity;
smaller is better because it helps to emphasize the importance of the content you can output to your monitor than the computer (much like a small tiny camera versus an overwhelming DSLR pointed at you);
and, smaller is better because it is one step into the future in the application of miniaturization, and thus setting the objectives of the industry higher and farther to better and greater than present day achievements.

I love my Gigabyte Brix GB-BXi7G3-760 for these reasons (less the first reason though), and it encourages me to spread the word and try sell to people less powerful (but still powerful) and smaller, power saving units. If one could take one of these back 15-20 years ago, everyone would be aweshocked.

Did I mention that it is super easy for me to take this kind of horsepower with me on international flights due to its size? ;) That would be something that you couldn't do so easily 15 years ago!

The equipment in this drawing would allow me to experiment with clustered computing for Adobe products :) and perhaps play Far Cry 4 at maximum settings on 1920x1200 :D

Last edited:
Smaller is better because I hate wasted space i.e. I don't need 15 bays when I have 2 hdds. Easier to put in the entertainment center in the living room or take up less desk space in the office. Easier to move and transport.

i tell my girlfriend this all the time. it may be short but, at least it's thin.

Smaller is better because it takes up less space and is easier to take over to your buddies house and game together. :cool:

smaller is better because smaller is always cuter! ... and my wife bases how good an electronic device is by how cute it is!

My wife knows computers!

Yeah!

I love my mini-ITX box because it's quiet and doesn't take up much floor space.

Smaller is better because progress marches on and gives us the same processing power in a package a fraction of the size previously required. It's a physical expression of the triumph of man over math!

Cause it takes less space in the case....

So I can have a smaller case, or more room for Watercooling, storage, or lulz!!:D

Smaller is better because it is easier to hide my new build from my wife. :)

Seriously though, I've built several of them starting back about 15 years ago with the first Shuttle boxes. Good stuff....

Smaller is better when you need to fit in a smaller hole...

Smaller is better because it will fit in the NCASE M1 I have never populated.

It languishes in the rafters of the garage...empty and alone. :(

Smaller is better because having a massive case on my desk is taking up too much real estate.

Same performance in a smaller packages, yes thank you! Plus, easier and lighter to travel with.

Smaller is better, because I could play my Steam games on the TV with a smaller case, because the wife hates my tower in the living room.

Smaller is better because my case is on a high shelf, out of niece/nephews reach. Smaller=less weight=less grunting.

By putting a fast CPU and graphics cards in a smaller box you radically reduce the distance the electrons have to flow. Therefore allowing far more speed from the same components. Due to the tight confines of a small mITX case, air is heated more thoroughly and quickly, producing high speed convection currents and self cooling benefits. Or something. Gimme. :D

I really do want to build a mITX build next time. I have a full ATX Phenom that needs to move to my sister's house. Pity my poor, starving sister running Windows XP on an Athlon X2. I built that one too.

Smaller is better because the best living room HTPC/Gamer should be smaller and quieter than your amplifier.

I hate to be that guy but when it comes down to it for me smaller is not better at all.

Back