The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

I'm back looking to clear out a couple items that have been in my FS thread for a bit without much interest.

I've got 2 Dell Latitude E7440 laptops that I'm looking to get rid of for the cost of shipping. I'm figuring $30 shipped for each one will cover a large flat rate box and the additional packing to safely ship them. I do not have power cords, but any Dell 65w power cord will work. Both laptops have identical specs which are listed below, and an activated copy of W10 Pro installed. Just hoping someone here can use them as they're still decent machines. If there still available in a week I'll be recycling them.

Both laptops are in pretty good condition. Each has some scratches on the lid and minimal wear from normal use. But other than that they're really clean and in 100% working condition. The battery is in good condition. I've had them running unplugged while installing a few Windows updates the past couple of days and they hold a charge really well.

They both have an Intel i7 2.10GHz processor, 16GB of memory, a 256GB m.2 SATA SSD, a touch screen and a fresh / activated install of W10 Pro.

486671_20210815_121519.jpg

486674_20210815_121604.jpg

486675_20210815_121913.jpg
I'd take them.

I'm back looking to clear out a couple items that have been in my FS thread for a bit without much interest.

I've got 2 Dell Latitude E7440 laptops that I'm looking to get rid of for the cost of shipping. I'm figuring $30 shipped for each one will cover a large flat rate box and the additional packing to safely ship them. I do not have power cords, but any Dell 65w power cord will work. Both laptops have identical specs which are listed below, and an activated copy of W10 Pro installed. Just hoping someone here can use them as they're still decent machines. If there still available in a week I'll be recycling them.

Both laptops are in pretty good condition. Each has some scratches on the lid and minimal wear from normal use. But other than that they're really clean and in 100% working condition. The battery is in good condition. I've had them running unplugged while installing a few Windows updates the past couple of days and they hold a charge really well.

They both have an Intel i7 2.10GHz processor, 16GB of memory, a 256GB m.2 SATA SSD, a touch screen and a fresh / activated install of W10 Pro.

486671_20210815_121519.jpg

486674_20210815_121604.jpg

486675_20210815_121913.jpg

Both laptops have been claimed. Thanks {H}!!

Includes 32 items: Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: 1943 Kai - Midway Kaisen -, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: A.K.A Block Block, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: A.K.A Knights of the Round, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: A.K.A Magic Sword, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: A.K.A The King of Dragons, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: A.K.A Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: Black Tiger, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: Capcom Sports Club, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: Eco Fighters, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: Gan Sumoku, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: Hissatsu Buraiken, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: Hyper Dyne Side Arms, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: Last Duel, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: Mega Man: The Power Battle, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: Pnickies, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: Rally 2011 LED Storm, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: Saturday Night Slam Masters, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: Savage Bees, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: Street Fighter, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: Street Fighter Alpha 2, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: Street Fighter Alpha 3, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: The Speed Rumbler, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: Three Wonders, Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium: Tiger Road

edit: oh those are all DLC for it I think, whatever main thing still free

1678471367375.png

Attachments

• PXL_20230317_190408456.jpg
    PXL_20230317_190408456.jpg
    445.2 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230317_190429460.jpg
    PXL_20230317_190429460.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230317_190311228.jpg
    PXL_20230317_190311228.jpg
    514.2 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230317_190219629.jpg
    PXL_20230317_190219629.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230317_190226944.jpg
    PXL_20230317_190226944.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm looking for quantity 2 of those plastic cpu covers for a 1151 motherboard. If you have some lying around collecting dust, I could use them. Will pay for shipping.

It looks something like this

1679127092701.png

I'm looking for quantity 2 of those plastic cpu covers for a 1151 motherboard. If you have some lying around collecting dust, I could use them. Will pay for shipping.

It looks something like this

View attachment 557137
I actually have these. Do you have a timeline though? One board doesn't have a CPU to go in it yet to protect those pins :D PM me and we can work it out.

I'm in need of a PCI-Express x16 graphics card with DVI output.
My friend has a 10 year old Dell Studio XPS 8100 that has a nVidia GeForce GTS 240 but the GPU just died. I'm not looking for anything fancy. DVI-I output to one monitor is all she uses.

Thank you very much

My friend has a 10 year old Dell Studio XPS 8100 that has a nVidia GeForce GTS 240 but the GPU just died. I'm not looking for anything fancy. DVI-I output to one monitor is all she uses.

Thank you very much

I am absolutely certain I have something that will fit the bill, but I won't be able to look until I get home from work this afternoon

Thank you very much

It has to be DVI-I? Dual link? I have an HD5450 that can do that. The drivers are old but it still works fine for a display out.

It has to be DVI-I? Dual link? I have an HD5450 that can do that. The drivers are old but it still works fine for a display out.
I'm not sure if it absolutely needs to be DVI-I, actually. But if it will still get the job done, I'm definitely interested. She is still running Windows 7 so old drivers shouldn't be too concerning. Sending you a PM

Looking for a barebones SATA SSD, 2.5" or smaller would be great! Going to drop it into a PFSense rackmount machine that I just acquired off of Craigslist!

Thanks!
Adam

Can give those things to friends and such... but shipping them becomes a whole different fiasco
That's exactly it, the shipping cost makes it something other than "free", and shipping isn't cheap these days. If the item is under or around $10, it's hit or miss whether it's worth shipping depending on how available it is. Some old items, still worth it just because you can't find them readily available locally.

That's exactly it, the shipping cost makes it something other than "free", and shipping isn't cheap these days. If the item is under or around $10, it's hit or miss whether it's worth shipping depending on how available it is. Some old items, still worth it just because you can't find them readily available locally.
Cases are some of the worst. Outside of extremely expensive or desirable ones, people aren't exactly chomping at the bit to pay the shipping costs for a free used case when they can get a new one shipped for free online for a bit more, and be assured that all accessories are included, no signs of use, etc.

I'll stress it again though, if you guys aren't using Shippo or Pirate Ship (or some other alternative) to get access to USPS/UPS/FedEx commercial rates, you need to look into it. Pirate Ship is free and Shippo is $0.05 per label that you generate. If I'd started using them sooner, I would have saved hundreds of dollars shipping stuff over the years. I don't find myself selling as much these days due to PayPal's BS and the new IRS regs...just seems like a hassle so most of the time I just give stuff away (my 3090 being an exception :p).

All that said, I have a Corsair Air 540 that I'm about to retire in the event that anyone is interested. I bought a filter kit for it too, which was something like $70 IIRC. Still have the original box and foam to keep it snug during transit. Shipping costs should be reasonable via the previously mentioned services.

I signed up for pirateship and the label I generated through paypal ended up being less than pirateship's quote.

I signed up for pirateship and the label I generated through paypal ended up being less than pirateship's quote.
Is PP still allowing that? I thought something changed a while back. Good to know, though. I'll run the numbers next time I ship something and compare the rates. I thought all of the commercial rates were the same no matter what (they always have been between Shippo and Pirate Ship, anyway) compared to the retail rates that you get at the counter.

Is PP still allowing that? I thought something changed a while back. Good to know, though. I'll run the numbers next time I ship something and compare the rates. I thought all of the commercial rates were the same no matter what (they always have been between Shippo and Pirate Ship, anyway) compared to the retail rates that you get at the counter.

I use this link to ship with PP when paid by other methods.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

EDIT: I get identical results, PP Shipstation and pirateship. 14x12x12" 2 lbs, from 95209 to 65807.
It's different than it was, but it's still in there.

Cases are some of the worst. Outside of extremely expensive or desirable ones, people aren't exactly chomping at the bit to pay the shipping costs for a free used case when they can get a new one shipped for free online for a bit more, and be assured that all accessories are included, no signs of use, etc.

I'll stress it again though, if you guys aren't using Shippo or Pirate Ship (or some other alternative) to get access to USPS/UPS/FedEx commercial rates, you need to look into it. Pirate Ship is free and Shippo is $0.05 per label that you generate. If I'd started using them sooner, I would have saved hundreds of dollars shipping stuff over the years. I don't find myself selling as much these days due to PayPal's BS and the new IRS regs...just seems like a hassle so most of the time I just give stuff away (my 3090 being an exception :p).

All that said, I have a Corsair Air 540 that I'm about to retire in the event that anyone is interested. I bought a filter kit for it too, which was something like $70 IIRC. Still have the original box and foam to keep it snug during transit. Shipping costs should be reasonable via the previously mentioned services.
I use a combo of ShipStation via Paypal and "corporate" accounts on either fedex or UPS, and then for ebay I just use their labels cause they end up being cheaper than ShipStation. Just signed up for Shippo though, will definitely use that in the future

I have been looking for a Thermaltake Level 10 GT for a long time but people still think the case is worth as much as a used car.

I have 4 3.5" HDDs pulled from servers if anyone wants.

2 x seagate barracuda 160GB 7200RPM (P/N 9CY132-780) - SATA
2 x 40GB WD400 (pn: WD400BB-00JHC0 and 0871HK) PATA - pending

I've confirmed the two seagates are working. One has a bare linux install on it, other seems blank. Not sure on the WD drives since I don't have any PATA cables lying around, but probably working.

Also have a NIB citizen watch. Bought it for my brother-in-law for Christmas one year but he returned it because he's an asshole. Don't really know what to do with it. It's been sitting in the box for a couple years at least but never worn as far as I can tell. (Outer, square box is lost so just has the inner box shown).

Attachments

• citizen watch.jpg
    citizen watch.jpg
    768.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back