The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Anybody have an old digital camera laying around? Don't need anything special, just something for my 7yo to play with. Made the mistake of giving my 9yo our old 2mp Nikon and the 7yo is jealous now.

Anybody have an old digital camera laying around? Don't need anything special, just something for my 7yo to play with. Made the mistake of giving my 9yo our old 2mp Nikon and the 7yo is jealous now.
Also one of the better places to get a solid value on a used camera is a pawn shop or thrift store if you find a working one. (y)

Anyone have a SIM tray eject tool? I'm trading in my S9+ for a Google Pixel 6 Pro (256GB) and I want to remove my SIM card and the microSD card but I lost both of mine :(
Thanks

Anyone want some shelf art? I have 1 box perfect, 2 others with an internal company mail green sticker on the end...it peels and rips type sticker....
2 come with the video adapter accessories
Just cover shipping
-----spoken for / gone

Attachments

• 20220110_170517.jpg
    20220110_170517.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220110_170522.jpg
    20220110_170522.jpg
    511.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220110_170540.jpg
    20220110_170540.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Sorry I’m a couple of days late following up, but I did find it tonight! HP PhotoSmart 2.1 MP and I have a case for it as well as a couple of extra mem cards. I’d need to test it if you’re interested, but it worked when I stopped using it years ago. LMK!

Looking to borrow someone's Ryzen so I can flash this bios on a mobo i bought for a 5600G.
Playing it safe: bios 0305 (inital)
lists the following as compatible:
3300x
4350G

I'll pay for shipping both ways. Let me know!

Last edited:
Sorry, gone to bustbang
Thanks, that's the right plug size but I just tried connecting one of my working Dell chargers like that one to this HP and while it appears to fit just fine, the power light on the laptop just blinks a few times and then goes off.

I've got about 20. What size plug on the end?
Does this help at all? Check the pictures, it's listed there.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/401173802738?hash=item5d67d26ef2:g:490AAOSwrZVep3py

For reference, this is needed for an HP EliteBook 8470p from the 2012-2013 era, but tons of their products used the same connector back then (HP EliteBook 8440p, 8460p, 8470p, 8000/8200 Elite SFF PCs, etc.).

They made so many different variants of these adapters with different compatible part numbers and revisions that work across multiple devices, so I didn't list a part number but one like the one in the eBay link above is what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance!

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks, that's the right plug size but I just tried connecting one of my working Dell chargers like that one to this HP and while it appears to fit just fine, the power light on the laptop just blinks a few times and then goes off.

For reference, this is needed for an HP EliteBook 8470p from the 2012-2013 era, but tons of their products used the same connector back then (HP EliteBook 8440p, 8460p, 8470p, 8000/8200 Elite SFF PCs, etc.).

They made so many different variants of these adapters with different compatible part numbers and revisions that work across multiple devices, so I didn't list a part number but one like the one in the eBay link above is what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance!
Yeah, I have a 8450 and a 8760 as well. I've got a box of new genuine HP adapters with that plug that I scrounged from the trash at work. PM me your details.

My Dell ones won't even make a light blink on my 8760w and vice-versa, my HP ones don't work on my Dell M6800. So that's about normal. The 8470p seems to be about one generation newer than my 8760w. There's ways to mod the Dell power supply to make it work, but not worth the trouble imo.

HP partsurfer gives the following power supply part numbers for the 8470p, which should make looking one up easier to get the power and connector specs:
90w:
693713-001
693712-001
65w:
693711-001
693710-001

Nice picture of the connector on the 693712-001 part description here: https://partsurfer.hp.com/ShowPhoto.aspx?partnumber=693712-001

My Dell ones won't even make a light blink on my 8760w and vice-versa, my HP ones don't work on my Dell M6800. So that's about normal. The 8470p seems to be about one generation newer than my 8760w. There's ways to mod the Dell power supply to make it work, but not worth the trouble imo.

HP partsurfer gives the following power supply part numbers for the 8470p, which should make looking one up easier to get the power and connector specs:
90w:
693713-001
693712-001
65w:
693711-001
693710-001

Nice picture of the connector on the 693712-001 part description here: https://partsurfer.hp.com/ShowPhoto.aspx?partnumber=693712-001
Thanks buddy. Yeah - I have one remaining 65w adapter here that I was able to use with the SO's 8440p and we are always fighting for it lol, so I was hoping that someone had one of the original 90w adapters that came with these. I've had mixed luck with the 65w...I think it was meant for another laptop. I've had a bunch of HP laptops come in and out of here and sometimes it'll charge the battery while other times it just provides enough juice to allow the laptop to stay powered on, but won't charge the battery.

Sounds like Fenris might have what I need. Thanks all! Feels good to finally be on the receiving end in this thread, haha. What a great community we have here. This thread has helped so many people. :)

Thanks buddy. Yeah - I have one remaining 65w adapter here that I was able to use with the SO's 8440p and we are always fighting for it lol, so I was hoping that someone had one of the original 90w adapters that came with these. I've had mixed luck with the 65w...I think it was meant for another laptop. I've had a bunch of HP laptops come in and out of here and sometimes it'll charge the battery while other times it just provides enough juice to allow the laptop to stay powered on, but won't charge the battery.

Sounds like Fenris might have what I need. Thanks all! Feels good to finally be on the receiving end in this thread, haha. What a great community we have here. This thread has helped so many people. :)
Anytime. :D Yeah, I've run into that issue before too when I don't have enough adapters or when the power of the adapter isn't enough. And it never hurts to go back to the drawing board with the factory original part number when starting the search even though HP and Dell both do a lot of supersceeding and cross-labeling of parts. (y)

IMG_20220105_121011939.jpg

if this has any nostalgia, and you want it, PM me. Just shipping cost. I will probably give it 2 weeks, and then recycle it.

GONE!!

Last edited:
Looking to borrow someone's Ryzen so I can flash this bios on a mobo i bought for a 5600G.
Playing it safe: bios 0305 (inital)
lists the following as compatible:
3300x
4350G

I'll pay for shipping both ways. Let me know!
Surprisingly, after cruising the internet several manufactures left support for "unsupported" cpu's in the bios. I was able to pop a 3200G I commandeered from my Pops DeskMini and update the bios that way.

Wanted a few literal floppy disks, not diskettes. Y'all remember the 8" and 5.25" floppies, right? It's for a museum display. I have many things to trade, but I figure to buy these outright. Dig deep, I know this is the place to look for these. I actually had a 5.25" drive and a few floppies 15 years ago but they went to the recycler 'no one will ever need these'...

Wanted a few literal floppy disks, not diskettes. Y'all remember the 8" and 5.25" floppies, right? It's for a museum display. I have many things to trade, but I figure to buy these outright. Dig deep, I know this is the place to look for these. I actually had a 5.25" drive and a few floppies 15 years ago but they went to the recycler 'no one will ever need these'...
If you're willing to buy and they don't need to work, this might be a good source.

Thank you for the link - although qty 50 might be extreme? I'll give them a call and see if there's a smaller qty available. No, they don't need to work. I knew this was the right place to seek these. :)

Back