The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

If you mean molex for power most of those connectors can be rewired as in you can remove the pins and put them in the correct order if not you can always cut the wires and resplice them in the correct order.
If it the data portion I'm sorry I can't help you with that.

Also what can you actually do with a thin client? I thought they were like "dumb" terminals from many many many years ago and thus do not work without some network server on the other "end" as from what I know they don't have a local OS.

Modern day thin clients are pretty much under-powered PCs at the moment. Plenty of them running around with DDR3 era tech with low CPU and GPU specs. For example i bought a lump of Wyse (Now dell) ZX0 with a 1.6ghz AMD cpu 2 cores, 2 threads at 1.65ghz with a built in Radeon HD 6000 GPU. Some have no ssd and most didn't have the power supply for just 12 bucks each.

Curious if anyone has a good/decent intel z77 chip board. My msi board is giving me issue with posting code of 19 and 55. The CPU is still serviceable so I am hoping to maybe still using the rest of the hardware if possible. thank

Anybody got an old charging cable for either one of these old phones? One's a Nokia 3650 and the other is a digital Motorola Startac.

Attachments

• IMG_20210424_142236.jpg
    IMG_20210424_142236.jpg
    685.2 KB · Views: 0
Looking for the charging adapter for a Dell Axim X50 PDA device. I believe I have the power brick. It looks like this off eBay:

1619561552651.png

I have the wrong adapter for some other Dell device (notice it's too narrow).
1619561930561.png

1619562044985.png

free dell inspiron M5010: This was 'reflowed' using a heat gun and surprisingly she fired right up. No charger (tested using an hp charger from another laptop). Has hdd and ram. drive is wiped.

looking for a acer netbook charger. i believe they have a smaller barrel tip and were 19v 2+amps.

Last edited:
free dell inspiron M5010: This was 'reflowed' using a heat gun and surprisingly she fired right up. No charger (tested using an hp charger from another laptop). Has hdd and ram. drive is wiped.

looking for a acer netbook charger. i believe they have a smaller barrel tip and were 19v 2+amps.

Dug through my box of power adapters and found this:

4GC3smwh.jpg

Cleaning out the random stuff box. Only want to ship all together.

30 FT Aurum Braided HDMI, 50? 100? ft. ethernet cable, 120mm fans, sata cables, 3 way HDMI splitter, USB 2.5" hard drive enclosure, and a 15ft USB extension cable.

See:

Anyone have an Apple Magsafe power adapter?
I need a 65W? one for a 2008 Macbook

do not need an "official" Apple one as long as it works and if it uses a non standard AC input cord (like the official Apple ones do) I will need that also

Thanks!

Curious if anyone has a good/decent intel z77 chip board. My msi board is giving me issue with posting code of 19 and 55. The CPU is still serviceable so I am hoping to maybe still using the rest of the hardware if possible. thank

I have an EATX-sized P67 motherboard. I believe it's an ASUS Maximus IV Extreme or something. I purchased it off eBay in 2011, put it into a case that formerly housed a Q6600 build, paired it with a 2600K... and then proceeded to use it for about a year before turning it into a secondary PC because I built a Z77 gaming rig the very next year. The thing is, because of what I went through, I happen to know that a P67 board should work with an Ivy Bridge processor (that's the i7-3770K or similar processor you probably have), but you won't get integrated graphics, and you'll be limited to PCI-E 2.0. But your CPU can be made to work again with this board.

If you can accommodate an EATX motherboard, and you don't mind settling for P67, you can have this motherboard for free, and I'll even check to make sure the BIOS is updated to the latest revision for you. A Z77 board from this time period is just too valuable because it supports PCI-E 3.0 and can thus run a lot of semi-modern graphics cards at full speed. But P67? Meh, you can have it. Keep your DDR3 memory going, keep your CPU working just fine, probably run your graphics card a bit slow until you can afford an upgrade in a year or two. It's really only good for running GTX 570 SLI, for any other purpose it kinda sucks. I wouldn't charge you money to deal with the compromises downgrading from Z77 to P67 would entail, but if you want free... this is your ticket.

I'm sure someone out there would pay money for this board, but I wouldn't feel right charging for it given that I purchased it on eBay used to start with, it was in a case with terrible cable management that ran very hot, and it hasn't really been stress tested recently. I have no idea how much life is left in it. Do you want it? I'll even pay shipping and handling if you do, only because of your situation of not having a working motherboard for your CPU at all.

I have an EATX-sized P67 motherboard. I believe it's an ASUS Maximus IV Extreme or something. I purchased it off eBay in 2011, put it into a case that formerly housed a Q6600 build, paired it with a 2600K... and then proceeded to use it for about a year before turning it into a secondary PC because I built a Z77 gaming rig the very next year. The thing is, because of what I went through, I happen to know that a P67 board should work with an Ivy Bridge processor (that's the i7-3770K or similar processor you probably have), but you won't get integrated graphics, and you'll be limited to PCI-E 2.0. But your CPU can be made to work again with this board.

If you can accommodate an EATX motherboard, and you don't mind settling for P67, you can have this motherboard for free, and I'll even check to make sure the BIOS is updated to the latest revision for you. A Z77 board from this time period is just too valuable because it supports PCI-E 3.0 and can thus run a lot of semi-modern graphics cards at full speed. But P67? Meh, you can have it. Keep your DDR3 memory going, keep your CPU working just fine, probably run your graphics card a bit slow until you can afford an upgrade in a year or two. It's really only good for running GTX 570 SLI, for any other purpose it kinda sucks. I wouldn't charge you money to deal with the compromises downgrading from Z77 to P67 would entail, but if you want free... this is your ticket.

I'm sure someone out there would pay money for this board, but I wouldn't feel right charging for it given that I purchased it on eBay used to start with, it was in a case with terrible cable management that ran very hot, and it hasn't really been stress tested recently. I have no idea how much life is left in it. Do you want it? I'll even pay shipping and handling if you do, only because of your situation of not having a working motherboard for your CPU at all.

If he isnt interested I might want that board as I have an old 3770 in some crappy OEM board that doesnt work right.

Anybody got an old charging cable for either one of these old phones? One's a Nokia 3650 and the other is a digital Motorola Startac.
I might, but I'll need the model number of the chargers as I've just got those in a box.

I might, but I'll need the model number of the chargers as I've just got those in a box.
I actually found the Nokia charger but it appears that the phone is dead. I don't know if it needs a good battery to work or not. I'm not sure of the model of the Motorola charger. I'm pretty sure it's the same as the old flip phones. It's a wide adapter connection like the one in this picture. https://www.amazon.ca/Motorola-Startac-Cellphone-Charger-Talkabout/dp/B00GWJMHDQ

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I actually found the Nokia charger but it appears that the phone is dead. I don't know if it needs a good battery to work or not. I'm not sure of the model of the Motorola charger. I'm pretty sure it's the same as the old flip phones. It's a wide adapter connection like the one in this picture. https://www.amazon.ca/Motorola-Startac-Cellphone-Charger-Talkabout/dp/B00GWJMHDQ
Gotcha. I think I even have a box of phone parts that I can check for anything for the Nokia. I also have some sort of ethernet to sim looking thingee if you can use any of it. This all came from a cell phone repair outfit that my dad funded 10-20yrs ago that was skimming money from him so he shut it down and took the stuff.

Gotcha. I think I even have a box of phone parts that I can check for anything for the Nokia. I also have some sort of ethernet to sim looking thingee if you can use any of it. This all came from a cell phone repair outfit that my dad funded 10-20yrs ago that was skimming money from him so he shut it down and took the stuff.
Here's a pic of the batteries. Please check to see if you have any of those in case a good battery is needed to power on the phones. TIA

Attachments

• IMG_20210509_124847.jpg
    IMG_20210509_124847.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210509_123718.jpg
    IMG_20210509_123718.jpg
    587.9 KB · Views: 0
Would anyone happen to have an old LGA1155 board kicking around? Trying to build up a system for someone that doesn't have a lot of money to spend. I have an i3-2100 and everything else but a motherboard, and I'd rather not play Ebay lottery, where I've had basically 100% failure rates. Preferably a MicroATX board to fit the case I have, but I could make a full ATX board work, just nothing bigger.

If the battery voltage gets too low, devices will often refuse to charge them to prevent risk of fire. When a lithium battery goes below its working voltage, it either means the battery has failed or has been parasitically drained. You have to bring batteries like this back up very slowly with a very low charge (usually 100mA or so) until the working voltage is reached, where you can then use the battery normally. This can usually be achieved by putting the battery on an 18650 lithium battery charger with wires, or a bench power supply set to a low voltage and slowly raise it as the battery charges, while maintaining a low charge current.

PMed. You are awesome for helping out! Definitely would take it if it is still available.

I will need to recheck my mess, I was cleaning up and I know I had one of those Startac chargers with a desktop charging base back then from Sprint PCS days.

Edit #1: 2021-05-17, found the Startac phone, I suspect the charger may be in the garage? To be continued.

Last edited:
Would anyone happen to have an old LGA1155 board kicking around? Trying to build up a system for someone that doesn't have a lot of money to spend. I have an i3-2100 and everything else but a motherboard, and I'd rather not play Ebay lottery, where I've had basically 100% failure rates. Preferably a MicroATX board to fit the case I have, but I could make a full ATX board work, just nothing bigger.

If the battery voltage gets too low, devices will often refuse to charge them to prevent risk of fire. When a lithium battery goes below its working voltage, it either means the battery has failed or has been parasitically drained. You have to bring batteries like this back up very slowly with a very low charge (usually 100mA or so) until the working voltage is reached, where you can then use the battery normally. This can usually be achieved by putting the battery on an 18650 lithium battery charger with wires, or a bench power supply set to a low voltage and slowly raise it as the battery charges, while maintaining a low charge current.
I have an oem (ncr) matx Skylake i3 cpu/board you can have. I'm not positive on ram though so up to you if it's something you are up for.

Here's a pic of the batteries. Please check to see if you have any of those in case a good battery is needed to power on the phones. TIA
Will do. Ping me in about 2 weeks as that's when I'll be at the same site with them. (y)

Offering up for cost of shipping:

• 2x Stock Ryzen 5 5600x air coolers.
    • Never used. All builds have been delivered using aftermarket cooling. Not gonna use these as I already have an aftermarket bench cooler for testing builds.
  • 1x Intel LGA1150 cooler.Claimed
    • Might have been used. I don't remember cause I didn't even realize I had this until last weekend. I'll verify.

All gone! Thanks!

Last edited:
Up for grabs.. Old Dell DE051. I believe it to be a Dimension 1100. Includes I/O. Fully functional.
This is an old socket 478. Does not include processor and/or ram.

Gone

Last edited:
Nice case there. I have one of those Antecs sitting under my desk right now empty as well. Solid build, some nice features. Don't need another, but if I did I'd be all over it since I live an hour away from you down Route 7.

Nice case there. I have one of those Antecs sitting under my desk right now empty as well. Solid build, some nice features. Don't need another, but if I did I'd be all over it since I live an hour away from you down Route 7.

Ill meet you half way

Looking for Horizontal desktop case- I am tired of tower computers they just do not fit with my desk setup. I would need to ship to 54017 zip code

Looking for Horizontal desktop case- I am tired of tower computers they just do not fit with my desk setup. I would need to ship to 54017 zip code

if you want to pay shipping I would send you my antec but I don't know what it would cost. I would just drop if off at the UPS store and let them box it up. I bet it would be like 50 bucks.

Up for grabs.. Old Dell DE051. I believe it to be a Dimension 1100. Includes I/O. Fully functional.
This is an old socket 478. Does not include processor and/or ram.
I believe this was also used in the Dimension 2350, although from my notes, the 2350 was limited to a max of a 2.8ghz processor since it was limited to 400Mhz fsb and yours seems to handle a 3Ghz.

I believe this was also used in the Dimension 2350, although from my notes, the 2350 was limited to a max of a 2.8ghz processor since it was limited to 400Mhz fsb and yours seems to handle a 3Ghz.
I wish I could remember what system this came from. Upgraded a customers computer a few years ago.

I wish I could remember what system this came from. Upgraded a customers computer a few years ago.
If you can tell me which pentium chip that was when you did the screen shots, I might be able to narrow it down and that might ring a bell. (y)

Back