The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

I'd really like to go with as close to the original configuration as possible right now. I just don't know if i will introduce another issue into an already picky system.
Understood, just letting you know. Checked my P4 system, I have 2x 512mb of PC2700 in it right now, so not the same size, but the same speed, lol.

I tried the For Sale section with no luck. Trying here to see if anyone has some of these Lian Li cages laying around.

But to be in the spirit of the thread, here's some stuff I have to offer:
Claimed by SamirD
- Samsung 2 x 1GB SODIMM DDR2 - 5300S - AFAIK worked when I replaced it.
- Samsung 2 x 512MB SODIMM DDR2 - 5300S - AFAIK worked when I replaced it.
- G.Skill 2 x 4GB DDR3 F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ CL 9-9-9-24 - worked when I replaced it

Claimed by kakureru
- Team Group 2 x 4GB SODIMM DDR3L 1600 CL 11-11-11-28 - This is pretty much new in package, bought it by mistake
- Intel Core I3-2100 - replaced with a better chip worked when I pulled it

Here's the what I am looking for if you have others let me know via PM:

Lian Li EX-36A2:
View attachment 253247

Lian-li EX-36B1 - this on has a front grill do not care if it's black or silver.
View attachment 253248

Last edited:
I have a VisionTek 4650 Radeon HD if you want.
I have an MSI VN220GT-MD1G, no box or anything so it may not even be worth the cost of shipping. I think it cost me like $25 to ship an RX 560 last time (including packing materials). But it's got HDMI, DVI and VGA, but is a very old card and may not even be supported for what you need.
Thank you for the offers, gentlemen. I ended up with a GT520 we found laying around at work!

I have gave many things away on here before.
I need two things
1. An Apple 30 Pin cable. I found an iPod Nano with a dead battery it works as I tested it with a friends cable but I need my own.
2. an Intel LGA 1155 (or compatible with it LGA 1150,1151,1155,1156 all use the same hole spacing to my knowledge) it needs to support an 88W or better chip

I have $10.24 in PayPal and I can't pay more then that.

I have gave many things away on here before.
I need two things
1. An Apple 30 Pin cable. I found an iPod Nano with a dead battery it works as I tested it with a friends cable but I need my own.

I might have one of these. I will check. If so, you’re welcome to it as all of our devices use the Lightning cable now.

2. an Intel LGA 1155 (or compatible with it LGA 1150,1151,1155,1156 all use the same hole spacing to my knowledge) it needs to support an 88W or better chip

Socket 1155 has a different hole pattern than the others (socket 775 has the same hole pattern as 1150 etc). I do have a stock Intel 4570K HSF if you want.

Last edited:
I'm looking for two items. I have given away some items in the past here.

1) Apple 30 pin cable and 2) Toshiba laptop charger for L550 model

I'm looking for two items. I have given away some items in the past here.

1) Apple 30 pin cable and 2) Toshiba laptop charger for L550 model

I'll be your Huckleberry. Just send me a pm where to send it.

IMG_20200717_163005.jpg

strange one but I'm looking for some 256mb pc 2700 desktop ram to help troubleshoot a silver strike bowling arcade cabinet. Would prefer a pair just for the sake of troubleshooting.

so unfortunately a set someone graciously shipped to me got lost in the mail. still looking

so unfortunately a set someone graciously shipped to me got lost in the mail. still looking

hey let me look cause I have some ddr memory still left.

update: I still have 4x 256mb/333 (pc2700) available. PM incoming

just received the Apple 30 pin cable the other day and its just what I needed. I bought an ipod 30gb from an estate sale and the pos cable I had didn't work. Now I was able to clear it as a new ipod. Thanks
Yep, I got a 30-pin cable from wizzi01 (Thanks buddy) for the iPod Nano I found in the trash (it works but has a bad battery) I like Apple's desktop OS but their hardware and cables leave a lot to be desired. I use Macos on regular PC hardware (AKA HAckintosh)

Anyone have a Dell studio 1440 laptop Battery? Don't even have to hold a charge. I can replace cells..

edit..
Also, does anyone have a good low profile video card that near the Nvidia GeForce 500 Series? Want to get a game and my currant card is just not up to snuff. (HDMI or DisplayPort)

Does anyone have any DMS-59 pigtails? I need a couple for some cards I have kicking around.

Also could use a few Windows 7 keys, trying to get some computers for low income kids/families out the door.

All stuff gone.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any DMS-59 pigtails? I need a couple for some cards I have kicking around.

DMS-59 to what? DVI, vga, DP, HDMI? I have a bunch at work that are slated to be recycled, but it will be a week before I can get back into the office space they're in.

DMS-59 to what? DVI, vga, DP, HDMI? I have a bunch at work that are slated to be recycled, but it will be a week before I can get back into the office space they're in.

I'd prefer DVI-I so I can toss an additional DVI to VGA adapter on if need be. Just make sure that they're not LFH-60, which is almost identical in appearance to DMS-59, except DMS-59 is missing one pin as a key and uses a completely different pinout that's not compatible. I wasn't aware that anything other than DVI or VGA pigtails existed.

LFH-60
Low_Force_Helix_60pin_Matrox.jpg

DMS-59
DMS-59.jpg

Dell was in love with both standards back in the mid to late 2000s and used them on almost all of their low profile video cards. LFH-60 was used first and then transitioned over to DMS-59 later.

I got 3 brand new sealed movies. Free.. Just cover shipping.. 2 are Blu-ray and 1 DVD
Wrath of the Titans <~~ BR
300 <~~ BR (Gone)
Attack On Leningrad <~~ DVD
IMG_20200730_092312.jpg
IMG_20200730_092332.jpg
IMG_20200730_092253.jpg

Last edited:
I'd prefer DVI-I so I can toss an additional DVI to VGA adapter on if need be. Just make sure that they're not LFH-60, which is almost identical in appearance to DMS-59, except DMS-59 is missing one pin as a key and uses a completely different pinout that's not compatible. I wasn't aware that anything other than DVI or VGA pigtails existed.

LFH-60
View attachment 265202

DMS-59
View attachment 265203

Dell was in love with both standards back in the mid to late 2000s and used them on almost all of their low profile video cards. LFH-60 was used first and then transitioned over to DMS-59 later.

I found 5 DMS-59 dual VGA, 5 DMS-59 dual DVI, and one LFH-60 dual VGA. Tell me how many you need.

Any requirements?
I have a Maxtor SATA/IDE card from when SATA first became a thing it was included with a Maxtor drive I bought about 15 years ago it is only SATA-1 (1.5)
I think I had the same one from compusa when I was putting together a Socket 940 build. Thanks for the memory 👍

Back