The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

If you still have them, try lightly brushing the contacts with a pencil eraser until they get noticeably shinier and then rub them off with a paper towel.

Lots of old memory modules stop working or get memory errors due to the copper contacts getting tarnished, I have this problem all the time with my memory stash. Though I use a non-abrasive corrosion inhibitor to reduce wear on the contacts instead, but a pencil eraser once or twice won't do much harm.

I'll give it a try, thanks!

Have:

NVIDIA Quadro 400 PCI-e Graphics card (full height) GONE
200GB SATA 3.5" HDD GONE
4GB ECC DDR2 FBDIMMs GONE

Last edited:
the snake:

I have a pretty much-intact Dell 410- Mobo, E6420 C2D 2.14GHz, 2 X 1GB DDR2, PSU, Case, etc.

It worked fine when it was decommissioned. No vid card.

Keep in mind, Dell is proprietary. Their 410 Mobo won't fit in a standard case.

Any interest?

i have needed a 775 mobo for awhile now, my old abit 35pro seems dead and i have a nice Q6600 that i could still run...........

I have several of these 775 micro ATX boards I don't think there is anything propriety about the board but Wyodiver may know something I don't about the motherboard. My board I believ when I looked them up supported core2 quad up to 1333 MHz fsb cpu's
Mine is in a OptiPlex 330-380 case depending on the one I grab, I can send it in the case or just a board and cpu.

Hi, all. I just mean that Dell uses this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BTX_(form_factor)

It's odd. That's why you kind of have to research.

To further cause confusion, they have two types of BTX.

The first and original BTX spec was basically an inverted ATX motherboard in a BTX case. These boards can work in normal ATX cases if you can sort out the mounts and proprietary headers. There are a few Dell machines like this.

The later BTX spec moves things around the board and isn't compatible at all with ATX. A big problem with BTX is the slots are reversed like ISA slots were and point upwards. This makes it impossible to use dual slot video cards in machines like the Optiplex 755 because Dell didn't provide for a slot above the PCIe slot that dual slot cards use for exhaust.

Yeah, I know, it's nuts. What I have is a Dell XPS 410, complete, except for the original GPU that died.

I would love to find a home for everything.

Yeah, I know, it's nuts. What I have is a Dell XPS 410, complete, except for the original GPU that died.

I would love to find a home for everything.

My last 410 died last year. The caps were dead and I replaced them but it took out other stuff. Ended up giving the CPU away and tossing the rest, couldn't even give it away.

thanks for the offers and advice, i hate to sound un-greatfull, but would prefer a normal board such as a asus, abit, ect.

Have:

NVIDIA Quadro 400 PCI-e Graphics card (full height)
200GB SATA 3.5" HDD
4GB ECC DDR2 FBDIMMs

Want:
AGP Graphics Cards
Tiny MSATA SSD (8GB?)
Floppy drive s(3.5" and 5.25")
Floppy drive cables
IDE cables
Socket 478 Motherboard

I have a few floopy drives and cables

Want:
Floppy drive s(3.5" and 5.25")
Floppy drive cables
IDE cables
Socket 478 Motherboard

Don't know how big your city is, but try posting in the Wanted section on CL. I've gotten boxes full of obsolete computer hardware free from older, retired computer guys.

Don't know how big your city is, but try posting in the Wanted section on CL. I've gotten boxes full of obsolete computer hardware free from older, retired computer guys.
Good idea. I am all set with obsolete hardware right now. Got four HP Compaq DC 6000 MT desktops for 22.50 each. Not bad for a complete system with a Core 2 Duo E8400 and 4GB of DDR3. I already dropped a Q9400 I had laying around into one of them.

I have some used ULTRA 350, 450 and 500 watt power supplies. I have moved on to better power supplies. These are the the free after rebate items from the old Tiger Direct.
Model LS500 or 500p if you want to look them up and get an idea of what they are.
I had no issues with them but they were free after rebate so.....http://www.legitreviews.com/the-free-after-rebate-ultra-500w-power-supply_465

also have
Case for iPad Pro 9.7 inch Ultra Thin PU Leather Case Magnetic Folio Stand Protective Cover with Card Slots (Rosa)
Bought it. Do not need it. Cannot return it.

PM if you want anything Shipping from 44140

Does anyone have a spare Windows 7 key? It doesn't matter if it's home or pro (as long as it's not basic), I need it for a computer that is being donated to a low income family.

Someone else offered me a key awhile back but never got back to me.

Does anyone have a spare Windows 7 key? It doesn't matter if it's home or pro (as long as it's not basic), I need it for a computer that is being donated to a low income family.

Someone else offered me a key awhile back but never got back to me.

Sure. I'll send you a PM with the key.

I have the following for the cost to ship:
3 Dell 330-380 mainboards w/cpus with the front IO card to ease assembly and 2 Dell delta 305 watt PSU's they have cpu's ranging from Pentium d 2 ghz to core 2 duo 2.5 ghz all have been boot tested and should work fine no bulging caps or anything.

I have the following for the cost to ship:
3 Dell 330-380 mainboards w/cpus with the front IO card to ease assembly and 2 Dell delta 305 watt PSU's they have cpu's ranging from Pentium d 2 ghz to core 2 duo 2.5 ghz all have been boot tested and should work fine no bulging caps or anything.
You got pm. (y)

Long shot...anyone have a 56k modem that has Win7 drivers? Donated a computer but forgot they didn' have broadband and now in a pickle. All 4 pci cards I have don't have drivers for Win7.

I don't happened to have a modem, but if the system has a serial port, you can easily use an external modem if someone has one of those.

And even if it doesn't have a serial port, you can find a usb serial port adapter pretty easily.

Reactions: TypeO
like this
Long shot...anyone have a 56k modem that has Win7 drivers? Donated a computer but forgot they didn' have broadband and now in a pickle. All 4 pci cards I have don't have drivers for Win7.

Like SamirD stated earlier, you can use an external modem. I still have some equipment at my office that I have to use a dial-up modem to get in with. Ironically, Windows 10 found it without even having to do anything special, and that was using a USB to serial adapter.

You're also need to find a DB25 to DB9 serial cable to make it work since the external modems have a DB25 connector.

There's a chance I may have an extra US Robotics v92 external modem laying around the office. If you can't find anything within the next day or two, let me know.

Last edited:
Like SamirD stated earlier, you can use an external modem. I still have some equipment at my office that I have to use a dial-up modem to get in with. Ironically, Windows 10 found it without even having to do anything special, and that was using a USB to serial adapter.

You're also need to find a DB25 to DB9 serial cable to make it work since the external modems have a DB25 connector.

There's a chance I may have an extra US Robotics v92 external modem laying around the office. If you can't find anything within the next day or two, let me know.
Thx. I know and have all the cables but sold my US Robotics 3453c modems several years ago. You know how it is. Dont need it until you get rid of it. I found another in excellent condition for $15.99 shipped. I took it.

Reactions: -zax-
like this
Thx. I know and have all the cables but sold my US Robotics 3453c modems several years ago. You know how it is. Dont need it until you get rid of it. I found another in excellent condition for $15.99 shipped. I took it.

Not a bad deal! Would have cost me probably north of $10 to ship one from Northeast Montana...

Reactions: TypeO
like this
Glad you found something like this. Sometimes it's hard to beat what someone has for sale like this. (y)

Does anyone have a dual core Socket AM2 processor? I need one for an older Dell Inspiron 531s which has a single core Sempron.

Does anyone have a dual core Socket AM2 processor? I need one for an older Dell Inspiron 531s which has a single core Sempron.

I have a Athlon 64 x2 5000+ that's collecting dust. I believe it worked when I pulled it, but can't guarantee that it still works... There are no bent pins that I can see either.

Glad you found something like this. Sometimes it's hard to beat what someone has for sale like this. (y)

And........he cancelled. 3 days ago and now he tells me. Ordered another tonight.

anyone have a gtx gpu collecting dust? Something not that old with some cuda cores for a little video editing acceleration.

anyone have a gtx gpu collecting dust? Something not that old with some cuda cores for a little video editing acceleration.

Not at the moment but if I get any old quadro cards in I will let you know. Gave away a Quadro 400 recently. Not sure if that is new enough or not.

Not at the moment but if I get any old quadro cards in I will let you know. Gave away a Quadro 400 recently. Not sure if that is new enough or not.

looking for something a little better, I think a minimum of 1gb vram. Not looking for anything crazy, just trying to take the load of a not so powerful CPU that isn't yet ready to retire.

If run into another one of those, it would be perfect for me since I'm just doing normal stuff. On-board video leaves a lot to be desired. :cry:

Hello,

I have 2x invites to pretty good 0-day tracker torrent.ai
Write me a pm with your email and I'll send you an invite.

Last edited:
Back