The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

I have a motherboard that fits HP DV7-2000 and 2100 series laptops. It is brand new. Purchased it 3 years ago to repair a friends laptop that was stolen out of his car at the store on his way over here. So it has been sitting. If you have a use for it, feel free. Just cover shipping. Ships from zip - 70782
Known compatible models:
HP PAVILION NOTEBOOK PC DV7-2157CA
HP PAVILION NOTEBOOK PC DV7T-2000
HP Pavilion dv7-2005tx Entertainment Notebook PC
HP Pavilion dv7-2007tx Entertainment Notebook PC
HP Pavilion dv7-2022tx Entertainment Notebook PC
HP Pavilion dv7-2103tx Entertainment Notebook PC
HP Pavilion dv7-2109tx Entertainment Notebook PC

s-l1600.jpg

Looking for a cheap SCSI drive for an old Dell Poweredge 2800 I picked up a while back to play around with.

anyone have 2x2GB of DDR2 800 desktop ram (even value/cheap version). a friend needs some ram for an upgrade of an old system.
can pay cheap shipping

if you're selling ram like this , feel free to let me know too, but i'm just looking for the cheapest DDR2 800 2x2 possible

anyone have 2x2GB of DDR2 800 desktop ram (even value/cheap version). a friend needs some ram for an upgrade of an old system.
can pay cheap shipping

if you're selling ram like this , feel free to let me know too, but i'm just looking for the cheapest DDR2 800 2x2 possible
I've got some. $5 shipping and they're yours.

Anyone have 4GB's of PC3200 DDR400 memory? Would prefer a set of the same if you have it. Currently running 4 sticks of 512MB Corsair XMS 5.2v in an old system. Would like to upgrade it to give me a little better W7 performance.

I know this is a long shot but my wife is in nursing school and her desktop computer is taking a dive. I am needing a mobo combo our funds are low, i'm the sole provider right now. she currently is running a I5 quad anything close would work.

Did you find what you needed? I have a Board, CPU and ram that I bought and didn't use.

Core2Duo E8200
Intel DQ45EK Mini ITX motherboard
2GB DDR2 800Mhz

If that would work.

I believe I got the board and CPU from DPOSCORP

I would only need the board. but i need a pcie 4x connectoe for my 4x1gbit nic to work... let me see if i have a pcie 1x one.
anything that could increse my file server bandwidtht would be nice :D

Anyone need some laptop DDR2-800MHz? These have just been sitting around forever. One is 1GB and the other is 2GB.

EDIT: GONE TO livfree

Attachments

• 20170929_193650.jpg
    20170929_193650.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Anyone have 4GB's of PC3200 DDR400 memory? Would prefer a set of the same if you have it. Currently running 4 sticks of 512MB Corsair XMS 5.2v in an old system. Would like to upgrade it to give me a little better W7 performance.

I'm guessing you're running 32 bit Windows 7, as there are very few 64 bit capable systems that still use DDR. If this is the case, it would be better to just get two or three 1 GB sticks for 3/3.5 GB total since the PCI address space will prevent the use of 4 GB.

I'm guessing you're running 32 bit Windows 7, as there are very few 64 bit capable systems that still use DDR. If this is the case, it would be better to just get two or three 1 GB sticks for 3/3.5 GB total since the PCI address space will prevent the use of 4 GB.

Im using Windows 7 Proffesional 64 bit on an Asus A8n SLI-SE with an Athlon 64 X2 4400+

I would only need the board. but i need a pcie 4x connectoe for my 4x1gbit nic to work... let me see if i have a pcie 1x one.
anything that could increse my file server bandwidtht would be nice :D

Yeah, this board is limited in expansion lol. 1x for a quad port would probably bottleneck pretty bad. Pretty sure you could use a dual port card and not have an issue though. 2 x 1gbit = 250MB/sec, pcie 1x = 250MB/sec

A PCIe x1 lane is 250 MB/s for gen 1.x, 500 MB/s for gen 2.0 and 984.6 MB/s for gen 3.0.

You can run a 4 port gigabit NIC on a PCIe x1 slot if it's PCIe 2.0 or newer.

would anyone have an I/o shield for a msi h61-p31m/w8 board? Either to buy or make a cardboard trace and return it back to you.

I am looking for the charger of Surface Pro 3 as my new dog just chewed it. Fortunately, it was unplugged. Does anyone have a spare or extra one?

I have 2 separate 2x1 GB Gskill kits. First kit is 2x1 GB at 3-4-4-8. Second kit is 2x1 GB at 2-3-2-5. The 2-3-2-5 kit will likely run at 3-4-4-8 giving you what you want (e.g. a 4x1GB setup).

Free:

Core 2 Duo E6750, Socket 775, worked fine for 5+ years before getting upgraded.

Intel Centrino Wireless N 2230 chip

Just cover shipping. Located in Northern Virginia.

CPU and wireless chip still available!

Adding:

Dell Studio 1440 laptop
Service Tag: 69QJ5K1
Core 2 Duo P8600 @ 2.4GHz
WD 500GB hard drive
3GB (DDR2?) Memory
Dead battery (won't hold a minute's worth of charge, can exclude from shipping)
Dell charger

Works fine. Local pick up preferred, otherwise, just pay for shipping.

CPU and wireless chip still available!

Adding:

Dell Studio 1440 laptop
Service Tag: 69QJ5K1
Core 2 Duo P8600 @ 2.4GHz
WD 500GB hard drive
3GB (DDR2?) Memory
Dead battery (won't hold a minute's worth of charge, can exclude from shipping)
Dell charger

Works fine. Local pick up preferred, otherwise, just pay for shipping.

I could use this if it is still available!

Anyone want a fitbit hr? Comes with a charging cable.
I got it for free so I wore it with little regard and the damn thing has held up fairly well. That said, it has a couple missing lines in the text, and the battery only lasts a couple days between charging. It is also missing the little loop that holds the extra band down. (i was using a zip tie, but im sure something more appropriate can be found somewhere for cheap.)
This thing took dunks into saltwater, water skiing, gasoline etc...

is this still available?

Free + shipping
A local computer store is clearing out the back room and has loads of really classic computer hardware.
As I go thguh it ill be posting what I dont pinch here ;)
If you pay shipping + associated fees, You can have (stuff)

AMD axd2800kv4d on MSI MS-6734 v1 with back plate - Un tested as I dont have any DDR ram.
If you are close to 96097 and can pick stuff up, there are also some very nice (classic) cases too.
Would hate to see all this great retro stuff hit the trash.

Attachments

• DSC_0477.JPG
    DSC_0477.JPG
    537.2 KB · Views: 27
Free + shipping
A local computer store is clearing out the back room and has loads of really classic computer hardware.

AMD axd2800kv4d on MSI MS-6734 v1 with back plate - Un tested as I dont have any DDR ram.
If you are close to 96097 and can pick stuff up, there are also some very nice (classic) cases too.

watching for updates on this, keep your eye out for ABIT NF-7 and DFI ultra stuff

Free + shipping

Would hate to see all this great retro stuff hit the trash

I personally would be interested in any dual processor stuff and really old graphics cards

Free + shipping

Anything really colorful that no one wants to actually use, I'll take. Mobos make great wallpaper. :)

I would prefer people who wants to build working systems but hey, I really cant complain as I personally dont have places to stash anything ;)

Back