The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Then get different software. use dedicated software the get the DV / avi files onto a drive then pull them into editing suit. I have NEVER EVER got the capture portion in various editing suites to work right.... ever...

I have two capture devices: One is an Adaptec Gamebridge, which works perfectly well under XP, but once I moved to 7, a bunch of settings disappeared. This is using the device drivers only. And of course Adaptec sucks and never released 64-bit drivers for the thing. The other is a Green Valley one that only works through Firewire, and it converts to DV immediately. Since I'm only going to work with VHS tapes (that are already low quality duplications to begin with), I can deal with the color loss. :)

My main system has better software than my XP machine. I just want it to capture stuff.

I have 3 160GB drives and 8 80GB drives left...and still have a pile of RAM, even after sending a bundle to kakureru. :)

Neato. If I may, I'll send you a PM to ask a 160 GB drive shortly. Thank you. :)

I have two capture devices: One is an Adaptec Gamebridge, which works perfectly well under XP, but once I moved to 7, a bunch of settings disappeared. This is using the device drivers only. And of course Adaptec sucks and never released 64-bit drivers for the thing. The other is a Green Valley one that only works through Firewire, and it converts to DV immediately. Since I'm only going to work with VHS tapes (that are already low quality duplications to begin with), I can deal with the color loss. :)

My main system has better software than my XP machine. I just want it to capture stuff.

Unless your fire wire thing is washing out the video by messing with black levels (like sony ones are notorious for) just use that as its not hard to bring back the colors. Also, ALL sony camcorders that have a DV pass through have a built in time base corrector though using it you will lose the black levels. My pref is a company called 'Data Video' which have a great black level and the colors can be made to pop if the source video is stable enough. Old USB based capture devices are not worth the effort.

Might be a long shot but.. Anyone have a 9pin Serial port mouse laying around? I'm building an old school dos gaming machine and none of my ps2 mice work with the converters.

you can probably trade a $5 or less amazon GC to someone in that thread for a 40%. I've done that on slickdeals multiple times.

Looking for someone's unused Intel NUC or similarly sized computer. Not expecting a freebie, will make a fair offer for it. Prefer higher end i3 minimum, can have a SSD put in and ram upgraded.

Looking for someone's unused Intel NUC or similarly sized computer. Not expecting a freebie, will make a fair offer for it. Prefer higher end i3 minimum, can have a SSD put in and ram upgraded.
Post a wtb thread in classifieds

Post a wtb thread in classifieds

As per forum rules, one thread per person. My for sale thread, though not bumped, is still unlocked. Hence posting here... since we don't have a perpetual looking for quick buy thread.

As per forum rules, one thread per person. My for sale thread, though not bumped, is still unlocked. Hence posting here... since we don't have a perpetual looking for quick buy thread.

That's not true:

Do not post multiple threads, keep all your FS/FT deals in one thread, and all WTB/WTTF deals in a different thread. You should only have one FS/FT and one WTB/WTTF thread active at any one time.

Do you have DDR2 800 Crucial tracers or similiar? Im trying to bring my old rig back to life!
Quick update--I double checked the RAM tonight, and I *do* have a bunch that are DDR2 800. Some Hynix, some Samsung, some Micron.

Anyone have a amazon photo code delivered November 3rd that they aren't using? We can trade!

Anyone got some spare orange Cat6 cable lying around? Moved to a new house and doing a whole new network, using orange for the color code for network devices (AP's, 3 switches, POE's, router link, etc). I could use about 4 ft of it, maybe 8. If anyone has premade I would be interested in maybe2, I'm using a home made patch of grey right now but if for a few bucks I could keep my color codes consistent that would be awesome. Paypal is what I'd offer for the shipping. I can buy a pack of them on ebay for like 12 bucks but then I only need 2 longer ones, I've already got a pack of 1 foot cables and made all but 2 connections already with those. I'm sure there is someone out there with a spool of it that could lop off a few feet and mail it, or if the agreement is good I could trade it for a few spare 1 foot black cat 6 still in the wrappers

Anyone have an old (preferably Nvidia) video card that still works just fine? My card just died on me and I need something better than Intel HD2500.

It's not nVidia, but I have a Radeon HD3850 cluttering up my desk that you can have for the cost of shipping.

anyone have an LCD color calibrator I could borrow, or essentially 'rent' for the cost of shipping or maybe a hair more? Would only need it for a couple of days then would ship back. Needs to work for LED backlit screens.

would anyone have one or two drive caddies for a Dell OptiPlex 755?

Man, for the SFF PCs? The company that I previously worked for upgraded to HP USFF PCs and tossed out all of their OptiPlex 745s and 755s. I swiped one of them for Dad and have since upgraded him, so I might be able to get you one assuming he still has that thing stashed somewhere. Is it the caddy for 3.5" drives with the two blue (IIRC) plastic tabs?

Man, for the SFF PCs? The company that I previously worked for upgraded to HP USFF PCs and tossed out all of their OptiPlex 745s and 755s. I swiped one of them for Dad and have since upgraded him, so I might be able to get you one assuming he still has that thing stashed somewhere. Is it the caddy for 3.5" drives with the two blue (IIRC) plastic tabs?

yes its for the 3.5" drive. the drive bay takes two but if u only have one that's fine. Let me know. Thanks

yes its for the 3.5" drive. the drive bay takes two but if u only have one that's fine. Let me know. Thanks
Two drives? That's a minitower then, right? If it's SFF, then man, you have terrible timing--I just threw out about 25 of them a couple weeks ago.

Two drives? That's a minitower then, right? If it's SFF, then man, you have terrible timing--I just threw out about 25 of them a couple weeks ago.

nope its the mini tower. what processor did they have?

still looking for an xeon 32xx/33xx cpu

Wow! You threw those out I would have paid the shipping for a few :(

Anyway does anyone want a Palit GTS 250 I only have the card (Which requires a 450+ Power Supply and Two slot spaces)

PS: You need a Motherboard with SPDIF Out and the SPDIF cable which I don't have

The Part Number on the sticker is NE3TS25EFHD02-PM8D92

The card will Not fit in a small flat rate box it will have to go into either a medium flat rate box or I would have to find another suitable box to ship it in

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Last edited:
you got a picture or two of what youre looking for? we offer a recycling policy to our customers and are a dell partner so we have SFF come through from time to time. Not often as people seem to run PC's for like 10 years now... but I did grab 2 dell blue plastic trays from SFF junkers but not sure its what youre going for

Listerine Ultraclean Dental Floss, Mint, 30 yard (Pack of 6)
Link
the whole bag is unopened, all floss still sealed
can use first class mail for about 5 USD
PM me because I don't read this thread

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Kingston 2gb 2x1gb pc2-5300U (ECC MEM)
Working pull from HP DL320 G5P
upgraded to 8gb and don't need it.

Just toss me a pm. I think i spent 3.90 on a padded envelope and shipping last time i sent some ram. call it 3 bucks.

Wow! You threw those out I would have paid the shipping for a few :(

Anyway does anyone want a Palit GTS 250 I only have the card (Which requires a 450+ Power Supply and Two slot spaces)

PS: You need a Motherboard with SPDIF Out and the SPDIF cable which I don't have

The Part Number on the sticker is NE3TS25EFHD02-PM8D92

The card will Not fit in a small flat rate box it will have to go into either a medium flat rate box or I would have to find another suitable box to ship it in

View attachment 12074 View attachment 12075 View attachment 12076 View attachment 12077 View attachment 12078

Still available! Pending!

Last edited:
Back