The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

anyone have a 6.25mm to 3.5mm stereo adapter that they are willing to send to a new home?
iu

PS: could probably be shipped in envelope with forever stamp if im not mistaken

Last edited:
you really shouldn't as it could jam machines or tear hole and fall out... (have experience with this.. ;)

some one once sent me something as innocent as a micro SD card and it arrived snapped in half..

anyone have a 6.25mm to 3.5mm stereo adapter that they are willing to send to a new home?
iu

PS: could probably be shipped in envelope with forever stamp if im not mistaken

Try checking out some Chinese import shops or dollar stores. My local ones still stock these sometimes. Then again, they haven't updated their inventory in like 20 years.

Try checking out some Chinese import shops or dollar stores. My local ones still stock these sometimes. Then again, they haven't updated their inventory in like 20 years.

both the "dollar" stores here sell those for $1.50.

hmmm you know I never even thought to go look at those stores. Guess I figure that would be something more niche than a general need. I'll look this weekend. Thanks~

AUKEY 12W Dual Port Home Travel USB Wall Charger Adapter - Black
Send me a PM.
Free in exchange for postage (4 USD) and HeatWare feedback.
I will go to the post office on a weekend to mail this item.
Update: Sale now pending

Last edited:
I got a bunch (30) of broken computers. So here are some things you all might be able to use, for the cost of shipping:

1GB DDR2 DIMMS of various brands
80-160GB SATA hard drives
Pentium D 925
Slim PATA (50-pin) DVD/CD-RW drives

These are all pulls from Dell Optiplex 745 SFF's.

EDIT: all the 250GB drives are gone

Last edited:
I got a bunch (30) of broken computers. So here are some things you all might be able to use, for the cost of shipping:

I could use a par of matched DDR2 1GB dimms. I have a SFF pc that only supports single sided 1GB or smaller and I had to pilfer from another system to get it going last night.

I could use a par of matched DDR2 1GB dimms. I have a SFF pc that only supports single sided 1GB or smaller and I had to pilfer from another system to get it going last night.
Alright, I'm pretty sure I have some single-sided ones I can send you. PM me your address.

160-250GB SATA hard drives
Pentium D 925
Slim SATA DVD/CD-RW drives

I could use a couple 250GB HDDs. How much do you need for shipping?

Looking for some Nvidia Older highend shitty GPUs that are worth crap now. ill take working or dead both.

Particularly...

Dead GTX 280, 285, 295 or
Dead GTX 480 470 465 or
Dead GTX 590 580 570

Will gladly pay what its worth... usually around like 30 for a working 480, + tip for your time/gas as well.

Looking for some Nvidia Older highend shitty GPUs that are worth crap now. ill take working or dead both.
Will gladly pay what its worth... usually around like 30 for a working 480, + tip for your time/gas as well.

I have an EVGA GTX 570 HD in the original box I think. Interested? Msg me if so.

If anyone is in the atlanta area (specfically alpharetta), I have a free Air 540 case you can have. Gotta pick it up from me

Wow, nice! I bought the filter kit for mine and have been really satisfied with it. Could be a tad quieter but eh, I wanted airflow or I'd have bought one of the cases built for silence. :)

In the spirit of this, I'll offer up my CoolerMaster HAF 932 for local pickup or the cost of shipping. I'm near Roanoke/Blacksburg VA.

Anyone have an enclosed server rack (about 18U) that is deeper than 19" near the 23456 area code?

20161103_154856.jpg 20161103_154829.jpg
freebie for any one in the Atlanta area south by the airport.

Optiplex755 system with an e43xx chip. It has one of those heatsink pipe cover that blows out thru the front fan. Dusty as hell.

Free for shipping:

Broadcom BCM94311MCAG mPCIE Wireless WLAN card

12GB Kingston DDR2 ECC registered RAM

Via SD-VIA-3F PCI to 1394 FireWire card

80-160GB SATA hard drives
Pentium D 925
Slim PATA (50-pin) DVD/CD-RW drives

EDIT: all the 250GB drives are gone
Do you still have some hard drives left over? I'm rebuilding my old Windows XP system for Firewire video capture purposes, and I need a boot drive. I don't need anything huge, just something I can boot Windows XP from and install software to (and some older games too, heh.)

Thank you. :)

Do you still have some hard drives left over? I'm rebuilding my old Windows XP system for Firewire video capture purposes, and I need a boot drive. I don't need anything huge, just something I can boot Windows XP from and install software to (and some older games too, heh.)

Thank you. :)

It actually works pretty well in windows 7 as well with various free software. Heck, I found out that I can even perfectly capture it in windows 10 x64 as well.

It actually works pretty well in windows 7 as well with various free software. Heck, I found out that I can even perfectly capture it in windows 10 x64 as well.
Well yeah... I used to have Windows 7 on my old system, until I built a new system and moved my OS to it. I didn't realize the new system was lacking a Firewire port.

I didn't even know my old computer HAD a port until earlier this year!

Well yeah... I used to have Windows 7 on my old system, until I built a new system and moved my OS to it. I didn't realize the new system was lacking a Firewire port.

I didn't even know my old computer HAD a port until earlier this year!

I was able to use all of my super old PCI cards.. well I guess this assumes you have a PCI slot. Either way, you dont have to just use windows XP

4790k on a asus z97a

I was able to use all of my super old PCI cards.. well I guess this assumes you have a PCI slot. Either way, you dont have to just use windows XP

4790k on a asus z97a
Some of my capture software doesn't work on 7. Some settings are missing. And other hardware doesn't work on 664-bit OSes because Adaptec are jerks and didn't want to release updated drivers. :|

Plus my main PC has a small form factor motherboard and it doesn't have any more PCI-E slots, heh. :|

Some of my capture software doesn't work on 7. Some settings are missing. And other hardware doesn't work on 664-bit OSes because Adaptec are jerks and didn't want to release updated drivers. :|

Plus my main PC has a small form factor motherboard and it doesn't have any more PCI-E slots, heh. :|

Then get different software. use dedicated software the get the DV / avi files onto a drive then pull them into editing suit. I have NEVER EVER got the capture portion in various editing suites to work right.... ever...

I have 3 160GB drives and 8 80GB drives left...and still have a pile of RAM, even after sending a bundle to kakureru. :)

Back