The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Just want to get some opinions from you guys.

I have quite the collection of unredeemed steam keys for games from bundles that I have been buying every now and then. I have no intention of playing them. I would prefer to hand them out but too often I've been dealing with people who get greedy or try to resell them (on this forum, even!) instead.

How does anyone here feel about charging something like $1 or $2 for "virtual shipping" of a game key that was otherwise going to be given away to ward off those who would try to call dibs on free shit they may not even use for themselves? Some of these keys are for games that still sell for $20 on Steam, mind you... but they ALL were purchased as part of the Humble Bundle so I don't exactly feel right about flipping on keys for their retail value.

Anyone have a Google Nexus 5 box? Purchased one without box but I like to have boxes for resell later on.

PM me if you do and what shipping would be. Just box don't need accessories or anything. Manual would be nice but it's whatever if you don't have it.

Just want to get some opinions from you guys.

I have quite the collection of unredeemed steam keys for games from bundles that I have been buying every now and then. I have no intention of playing them. I would prefer to hand them out but too often I've been dealing with people who get greedy or try to resell them (on this forum, even!) instead.

How does anyone here feel about charging something like $1 or $2 for "virtual shipping" of a game key that was otherwise going to be given away to ward off those who would try to call dibs on free shit they may not even use for themselves? Some of these keys are for games that still sell for $20 on Steam, mind you... but they ALL were purchased as part of the Humble Bundle so I don't exactly feel right about flipping on keys for their retail value.

I'm looking for retro and classic compilations along with KOF13, fighting games and similar.

techrat, I would be interested in seeing the list, too. I've gifted my son several Steam games and you might have something that he's interested in. I'm trying to show him the Way Of The PC... :) He has consoles and plays them some but he tends to gravitate towards the PC for the most part.

I have another item to give/trade/whatever:

Dell XPS M170 laptop from the 2005/2006 era. I found it at work, and it has seen better days, but it does appear to work. Unfortunately I do not have a power supply that's compatible with it - I tried an HP 180W adapter and that allowed it to power on, but I couldn't enter Setup or boot to the HD because it displays a message asking you to connect a Dell 130W adapter.

So here's all I can tell you about the specs:

• 17" glossy screen, not sure what res but possibly 1080p
  • Intel Centrino CPU; no idea which model or speed
  • 2GB DDR2
  • 80GB Fujitsu hard drive
  • DVD/RW
  • 6 USB ports + VGA + DVI + Firewire + SD + what looks to be a PCMCIA card slot

I tried to run the service tag through Dell's site to get the original configuration, but it's not displaying any detailed specs.

It definitely has some scratches and scuffs, and there is a lot of play in the screen hinges but they are perfectly capable of holding the screen up. They aren't weak, they're just loosey goosey.

Because I lack the proper power adapter, I can't fully test it, but it does power on and appears that it would boot and operate just fine if the right power supply was used.

The XPS M170 turned in a jaw-dropping 87.5 frames per second on our demanding Doom 3 3D benchmark test

Lol. That was a high end laptop back in the day. I love Dell XPS's and I'm tempted just because of the nice chassis. Will wait and see if anyone else needs it more, I'd just use it for fun.

Lol. That was a high end laptop back in the day. I love Dell XPS's and I'm tempted just because of the nice chassis. Will wait and see if anyone else needs it more, I'd just use it for fun.

Haha. Just out of curiosity, what was the dedicated video offered in the M170?

GTX 7800 256MB according to Cnet.

Thanks!

I have a few parties interested in the laptop already. If inquiring, please include what you intend to do with it. I want it to go to someone who can use it for legitimate purposes - not to resell (not sure what you could get for a laptop nearly a decade old, but I'm guessing I could get $50-$100 on eBay if I went that route; just don't want to deal with the hassle of buyers not liking what they receive or not realizing that they'll need a proper power supply).

Thanks!

I have a few parties interested in the laptop already. If inquiring, please include what you intend to do with it. I want it to go to someone who can use it for legitimate purposes - not to resell (not sure what you could get for a laptop nearly a decade old, but I'm guessing I could get $50-$100 on eBay if I went that route; just don't want to deal with the hassle of buyers not liking what they receive or not realizing that they'll need a proper power supply).

Good choice, I like it.

techrat, I would be interested in seeing the list, too. I've gifted my son several Steam games and you might have something that he's interested in. I'm trying to show him the Way Of The PC... :) He has consoles and plays them some but he tends to gravitate towards the PC for the most part.

I have another item to give/trade/whatever:

Dell XPS M170 laptop from the 2005/2006 era. I found it at work, and it has seen better days, but it does appear to work. Unfortunately I do not have a power supply that's compatible with it - I tried an HP 180W adapter and that allowed it to power on, but I couldn't enter Setup or boot to the HD because it displays a message asking you to connect a Dell 130W adapter.

So here's all I can tell you about the specs:

• 17" glossy screen, not sure what res but possibly 1080p
  • Intel Centrino CPU; no idea which model or speed
  • 2GB DDR2
  • 80GB Fujitsu hard drive
  • DVD/RW
  • 6 USB ports + VGA + DVI + Firewire + SD + what looks to be a PCMCIA card slot

I tried to run the service tag through Dell's site to get the original configuration, but it's not displaying any detailed specs.

It definitely has some scratches and scuffs, and there is a lot of play in the screen hinges but they are perfectly capable of holding the screen up. They aren't weak, they're just loosey goosey.

Because I lack the proper power adapter, I can't fully test it, but it does power on and appears that it would boot and operate just fine if the right power supply was used.

PM'd, my moms aging compaq laptop is on borrowed time and none of the usb ports work. she only would use it to browse the web from the couch.

Does anyone have a socket 775 motherboard? My son's board went out and i need another one. Thanks!!!

Long shot, but I'm looking for a low-profile bracket for a Quadro 600
Ports are DVI + DisplayPort

AMD Athlon 64 2650e AM2 processor
2x 512mb ddr2 3200 desktop ram
2x 512mb ddr2 5400 laptop ram
HP Laptop charger/AC Adapter DC359A
HP battery pack 441425-001
AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile technology TL-52 - TMDTL52HAX5CT

New freebie items. Reserved for those who have a history of giving out freebies, otherwise... available to all if you also buy something from my for sale page.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1477296

---

http://i.imgur.com/RI6R4Cq.jpg

2 x 1GB DDR3 533(?) Sticks of Ram. Working pulls. (Taken)

http://i.imgur.com/uNnN1ts.jpg

SATA to eSATA adapter,
RCA Cable with grippy ends
RCA Audio Cable Pair
Headphone to RCA Cable x3

http://i.imgur.com/UzOpQBg.jpg

RCA to XLR Adapters,
1/8" to 1/4" Headphones adapter,
Stereo to Mono 1/8" adapter,
Mono to Stereo 1/8" adapter,
Stereo headphones splitter,
Microphone and Headphones jack to Combo Jack adapter,
RCA to mono 1/8"
RCA to Coax
RCA Turnarounds/Extenders x4
1/8" Turnaround/Extender
Stereo 1/8" to L/R 8" Mono Adapter
MicroUSB to Wireless (Qi) Coil Adapter

http://i.imgur.com/PUcF0WZ.jpg

TPU Case and Belt Hoslter with Rubberized Case for the LG Volt (Boost or VM Version)

---

Last edited:
I need a PCI not PCI-E video card for my sister in law. Anything 64meg and up.

Last edited:
So it may be a long shot but.. does anyone have a decent soldering station that they are wanting to get rid of? My current soldering iron is a cheap radioshack one. I got screwed out of a station a few years back and really havent had the money to buy one. Have some parts parts I could trade for it if needed.

Looking for a firewire PC Card for my IBM Thinkpad T42.

PC Card specs:
•Conforms to the PC Card Standard 95
•The Type III slot can accommodate two Type I, two Type II, or one Type III PC card
•Both 16-bit and 32-bit cards are supported.
•PCMCIA 2.1 standard

I have a docking station but I doubt it would give me a firewire port when my laptop lacks one.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Anyone have a cheap usb powered speaker they're willing to part with or possibly trade for? It just has to produce sound for a 3 year old playing games on a laptop with dead speakers so quality is not a priority. There's some ~$10 ones on amazon I can pick up if not, but I figured I'd give this a shot first.

Does anybody have a 4 Port USB hub? I would order one off Amazon, but all the cheap ones are from China, and I need it within 10 days. I can spend $3.

I need a PCI not PCI-E video card for my sister in law. Anything 64meg and up.

still need something? I may have something for you and i'm heading to the post office tomorrow with a collection of stuff for other members.

EDIT: Given to mnewxcv. Thanks and good luck.

I have Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 and Encore DVD up for grabs.

With all the free composting/video editing apps out now, there might be no real need for 8 year old software. But it's up for grabs. All you are getting is the serials. Download the software from Adobe please.

::Adobe Software Transfer Page::

Rules:

1. You need an Adobe account to do the transfer. No other way around it for transfer of ownership.
  2. Please don't hoard software just to hoard software. Use it.
  3. I would like for it to go to someone who is actively learning how to do video work.
I will be putting other software up for grabs as I find them and clear the license transfer process with the company. What's left is more focused on game development.

So if you want this. PM me. First come, first served.

Last edited:
I have ~15-20 brand new HP black mice, just cover shipping.

***they are PS/2***

(WTF HP, why send PS/2 nowadays?)

Just checking if anyone is interested in old Simm RAM before I send it to the recycling. Yes, I said Simm RAM...

Looking for a snake spacebar for a Ducky Shine 3 if anyone has one they don't need or use. It should have came with the keyboard.

1401_ducky.png

Last edited:
Here is a code for

Thief: Predator Booster DLC: Product Key B60AK-4Q7WJ-DGYQ5

Max Payne 3: Deadly Force Burst: Product Key BF7EH-E3ZI3-ZWE76

Request: looking for a Dead SATA 3.5" Hard Drive for a school project/presentation for a child.

will gladly pay for a priority small box and a few bucks tip for your time if you happen to be shipping

Back