The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

would anyone have a decent matx size am2/3 or s775 board that they would be willing to donate to an ARS member to repropose to make a mini mame arcade machine for the kids in the neighborhood? I have an x2 5000 but of the two matx board i have, one needs 4 caps replaced and the other board, a socket 775, will not work for what he needs since it handles only single core P4's and celerons. for a 775 board, i do have a dual core chip available for a 775.

Last edited:
Hey everyone I'm looking for a better cpu than the 775 E2180 cpu my wife has in her computer I currently am running 4 gig of ram and a ssd but I'm hoping someone has a better 775 cpu laying around they could donate to the cause.
I'm not expecting a quad core cpu, but the board I have will cover any 775 cpu made.
We just don't have the funds for a proper upgrade right now, and could use the help if someone has the cpu.

Hey everyone I'm looking for a better cpu than the 775 E2180 cpu my wife has in her computer I currently am running 4 gig of ram and a ssd but I'm hoping someone has a better 775 cpu laying around they could donate to the cause.
I'm not expecting a quad core cpu, but the board I have will cover any 775 cpu made.
We just don't have the funds for a proper upgrade right now, and could use the help if someone has the cpu.

I have a couple of E6300 processors I can send you. Heading the Myrtle Beach tomorrow so I am not able to ship them until Monday. If I can get them out tomorrow I will let you know. Just PM your address.

does anyone have any uncompressed eeprom based psx mem cards they are willing to off? :p

(if the memory is under a epoxy blob, its likely unreliable)
1 meg per page so if the chip is less than the amount of pages listed, its likely compressed.

thanks!

would anyone have a decent matx size am2/3 or s775 board that they would be willing to donate to an ARS member to repropose to make a mini mame arcade machine for the kids in the neighborhood? I have an x2 5000 but of the two matx board i have, one needs 4 caps replaced and the other board, a socket 775, will not work for what he needs since it handles only single core P4's and celerons. for a 775 board, i do have a dual core chip available for a 775.

If you send me the x2 board, I'll re-cap it for you.

Ethernet cable from the local Target (used for an hour?) in blue color

If you want anything, PM me with your PayPal email address and please just cover enough for shipping and the PayPal fee.

Everything minus the keyboard will make a nice package in a bubble mailer. If you want the keyboard then I have to figure out how to mail it economically.

Edit 3:46 PM Monday, June 15, 2015 (MST): The Gorilla Drive is taken.
Edit 9:24 AM Tuesday, June 16, 2015 (MST): The keyboard and mouse are no longer available. Someone take the Ethernet cable, please.

Last edited:
Can anybody sell some SATA cables for cost of shipping? I run out of them.

EDIT: Got them along with some other stuff.

Last edited:

What caps do you need? Let me know capacity, voltage. I have a bunch of caps (many are Rubycon). It is easy job to replace capacitors.

Have a few items for free, just pay shipping or pick up locally near West Caldwell, NJ...

GONE - Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26 GHz Dual-Core (AW80577P8400) Processor

GONE -Cougar Speed Large Mousemat - like new, with retail box (at bottom of pic below)...

-----------------------------------------

This one is pick up only in West Caldwell, NJ...

CM Storm Trooper case in great overall shape. Has one cracked foot pad that was glued/taped back on - can't see or tell when in use. All black with red LED fans...

Last edited:
SanDisk 16 GB Ultra PLUS SD card
used briefly in one computer; works fine but don't need it anymore

SOLD

Last edited:
Have a few items for free, just pay shipping or pick up locally near West Caldwell, NJ...

Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26 GHz Dual-Core (AW80577P8400) Processor

Cougar Speed Large Mousemat - like new, with retail box (at bottom of pic below)...

-----------------------------------------

This one is pick up only in West Caldwell, NJ...

CM Storm Trooper case in great overall shape. Has one cracked foot pad that was glued/taped back on - can't see or tell when in use. All black with red LED fans...

PM'd for cpu and mouse pad

ok i have some 256mb's and 512mb's of ddr1 memory and a Toshiba ide slimline laptop dvd writer drive SD-R6472 available for the cost of postage.

Does anyone have a USB to Ethernet adapter?

It has to be one on this list. As I am trying to get an older Series 2 Tivo (Probably one of the first series 2 as it only has a port for a phone line and not an Ethernet port)

I have no preference as to which adapter as long as it is on the list below

Thanks

Code:
Linksys USB100TX 
Linksys USB100M
Linksys USB200M
NetGear FA101
NetGear FA120
Belkin F5D5050
3Com 3C460B
Microsoft MN-110
Hawking UF200
Hawking UF100
D-Link DSB-650TX
D-Link DUB-E100
Siemens SS1001
SMC SMC2208

I need at least couple but not more than 4-5.

[strike=1]Alright, I'll check and get back to you.

I've offered these up at one point before but will do so again:

I have two (2) Cooler Master CoolDrive 6 hard drive cooler enclosures, brand new in their boxes. You mount your 3.5" HDD in them and then mount the enclosure in a 5.25" bay. I believe that mine are silver, not black. I have no use for them, but would gladly let them go for the cost of shipping. They're somewhat heavy so it's definitely going to be a few bucks, but I believe that these went for $30-$40 ea at one time.[/s]

SATA cables and Cooler Master drive cooler enclosures gone.

Last edited:
Alright, I'll check and get back to you.

I've offered these up at one point before but will do so again:

I have two (2) Cooler Master CoolDrive 6 hard drive cooler enclosures, brand new in their boxes. You mount your 3.5" HDD in them and then mount the enclosure in a 5.25" bay. I believe that mine are silver, not black. I have no use for them, but would gladly let them go for the cost of shipping. They're somewhat heavy so it's definitely going to be a few bucks, but I believe that these went for $30-$40 ea at one time.

i wonder if those could be made into a sort of external device ?

slightly interested here, how much to ship to 33764 ?

external, yes, portable, probably not. for external, depending if it requires sata power or molex power, something like this i would think is all you need to make it external

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Ports-eSATA-4-Pin-Power-PCI-Bracket-Slot-SATA-Cable-SC2-/180695788621

but obviously it doesnt make it portable

edit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SATA-PATA-I...565?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d58afcc05 this should essentially make it an external, portable hard drive. however it would still have an open back.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

Looks like about $20 via USPS Priority Mail, but they might fit in the large flat rate box for a few bucks less. Or I could send `em via First Class and save a few bucks that way.

I'm waiting to hear back from gnawrot regarding them, but if he doesn't want them you're welcome to them. Or if you guys just need 1 each then I'm fine with that too, and it would be cheaper for each of you.

I've got tons of older PC parts that I received from random PCs over the past 10 years. Most of these parts haven't been tested, so YMMV.

Certain parts, like the DVD drives, should work fine, as they were pulled from laptops with bad motherboards.

If someone wants a huge lot of the stuff, I have plenty of huge boxes & packing material. Just pay shipping on everything here.

Laptop Stuff:
(1) Everex XT5000T Laptops for parts - no CPU, RAM, or HDD
(1) Everex XT5000T Laptops for parts - Disassembled, 1 dead pixel on monitor, keyboard is removed, no CPU, RAM, or HDD
(1) Everex XT5300T Laptop for parts - no CPU, RAM, or HDD - Has already been reflowed with a heatgun, powers on but immediately shuts off with CPU installed
(1) Sony Optiarc DVD RW AD-5530A Slim DVD/CD Rewritable Drive SATA
(1) Pioneer DVR-K15VA Slim DVD/CD Burner SATA

RAM:
SDRAM:
(1) hynix PC133V-333-542 256MB PC133 DDR 266
(1) MT16LSDT3264AG-133E3 256MB PC133 SDRAM
Other misc. SDRAM

DDR:
(2) KAHLON KHEW885 512MB PC2700 DDR 333
(1) Nanya NT512D64S8HAAH-7X 512MB PC2100 DDR 266
(1) Samsung M368L3223DTM-CB3 256MB PC2700 DDR 333

DDR2:
(2) Kingston KVR667D2/1GR 1GB PC2 5300 DDR2 667 Gifted to mnewxcv

Server RAM:
Several sticks (at least 6) of SUN Server RAM; "M344C0883DT3-C60S0"

PCI Cards:
Hauppauge WinTV 32562 (5187-4376) PCI Capture Card - FM, Cable, S-Video Note: Not compatible beyond Windows XP - pulled from a working XP Media Center PC in 2009
Rosewill RC-212 VIA PCI SATA 1.5G / IDE ATA 133 Controller Card - Hasn't been used since 2007 lol

My favorite PCI USB/Firewire card:
Zonet Firewire/USB2.0 PCI Card - Purchased several of these in 2006-2007 for my desktops, should still work fine. I may still have the box somewhere here.

DFE-538TX Rev E1 10/100 PCI Ethernet Card - completely untested
Linksys LNE100TX 10/100 PCI Ethernet Card - completely untested

Motherboard / CPU Combos:
AN35N Ultra V1.1 nForce 2 Ultra 400 ATX Motherboard with an AMD Athlon XP 2500+

There's no heatsink mounting bracket, so I have no way to test either of these. Got this from a friend who was moving a couple of years ago & it's been sitting here with all these other desktops.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ & ASUS M2A-VM AM2 690G Motherboard Gifted to mnewxcv
* Matching DDR2 is above
If I can find a spare video card, this can be tested upon request.

There's more to come. I might post this as an independent thread.

Last edited:
Long shot here...

I'm looking to upgrade and old Dell Ultra Form Factor Optiplex 745 for my kids to mess with.

Upgraded the CPU from celeron to C2D and trying to trade for some more DDR2 ram

but I need/want a DVD drive for it, it's a slot loading CD drive now

Dell says it's a D-mod PATA drive
-I tried using my dvd drive from from my dell laptop but the connector doesn't line up

I downloaded the spec sheet and a dvd/rw drive is one of the options for it so I know there's one out there. It doesn't even have to be dvdrw, dvd-rom would be fine I guess

thanks!

Long shot here but worth asking.

Anyone have a spare wifi antenna from those motherboards that come with built in Wifi? Its like an external antenna and has 2 cables on the other end that screw onto the 2 inputs on the motherboard.

For example Asus and Gigabyte have 1. Well PM if you do and what you are asking for. I promise I will post some freebies soon to help the community if I can be helped. (or when I go through some old stuff)

Thank you in advance If I cant reply right away. Dont think ill find anything but just asking in case someone has a spare or even broken one that I could fix up. I can solder at work!

Long shot here but worth asking.

Anyone have a spare wifi antenna from those motherboards that come with built in Wifi? Its like an external antenna and has 2 cables on the other end that screw onto the 2 inputs on the motherboard.

For example Asus and Gigabyte have 1. Well PM if you do and what you are asking for. I promise I will post some freebies soon to help the community if I can be helped. (or when I go through some old stuff)

Thank you in advance If I cant reply right away. Dont think ill find anything but just asking in case someone has a spare or even broken one that I could fix up. I can solder at work!
I just bought a couple of those from newegg if nobody here has any for yuh
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3M31GV8085

@threedee
Hmm I don't know if that would work. I need something like this
WIFIGO_Intro1.jpg

I'm on mobile sorry if link is too big or bad. I have those combo cards that have wifi/Bluetooth but my used mobo I just got doesn't have the wifi antenna item. I know not everyone has spares as its 1 per mobo. If anything, even if it's broken I'll take it and see if I can fix something up.

Anyways thanx for any feedback and help that's offered. ;)

@jasec...I have something that will most definitely work. Let me do some looking.

@threedee
Hmm I don't know if that would work. I need something like this
WIFIGO_Intro1.jpg

I'm on mobile sorry if link is too big or bad. I have those combo cards that have wifi/Bluetooth but my used mobo I just got doesn't have the wifi antenna item. I know not everyone has spares as its 1 per mobo. If anything, even if it's broken I'll take it and see if I can fix something up.

Anyways thanx for any feedback and help that's offered. ;)

ah .. I thought you were looking for internal wires ..

I'm the guy buschman31 mentioned about the mame kids cabs.

Managed to get another mobo not long ago but it had a blown cap and the unit runs wonky even with the cap replaced. Can't seem to find out what the issue is.

I am looking for one or more socket 775 or AM2 era motherboards. I have an AM2 2ghz and a c2d 2.2ghz here, 160gb hard drives, 512mb and up sticks of DDR2 ram and a power supply. I can pay a little bit of money for the units if need be.

I'm at the end of the builds and i just want to get these built asap.

I'm the guy buschman31 mentioned about the mame kids cabs.

Managed to get another mobo not long ago but it had a blown cap and the unit runs wonky even with the cap replaced. Can't seem to find out what the issue is.

oh no...not the one I sent you?

Back