The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

I need an 80mm fan that makes a lot of air-moving noise but can safely run off a mobo fan header. Anyone have?

I will have some stuff to put up here later today...

man I just gave a member four fans for the cost of mailing. I may still have one available. will look later and send u the model number.

also would anyone have a hard case for a LG G2 phone? something along the way of otterbox?

Looking for someone that may have a 10' cat5e cable. The powerline cable I own is too short and turns out all my cat5 cables are that short too :(.

I need an 80mm fan that makes a lot of air-moving noise but can safely run off a mobo fan header. Anyone have?

I may have some dell four pin fans, proprietary connection though, so you would need to splice your own end on if you need a 3 pin. Let me know.

Looking for someone that may have a 10' cat5e cable. The powerline cable I own is too short and turns out all my cat5 cables are that short too :(.

I have everything to make ya one up. Ends, covers, and blue Cat5e cable.
I would just need the shipping cost. Hell I could probably fit it in a small flat rate box......$6? :D

I may have some dell four pin fans, proprietary connection though, so you would need to splice your own end on if you need a 3 pin. Let me know.

I have two Dell fans already but they're gonna be too potent for a mobo header, which is where this needs to go. (Fuck you, HP...) It's the little things that getcha ;) if this Compaq (new enough to be an HP under the label ;) ) doesn't have a sys fan and a CPU fan plugged into the board, it bitches like hell, at every single boot, no less. "Press F1 to continue" my ass :mad:

I need something that's a quarter amp at most, probably... the ones I have, one is 0.85a and the other is even higher. Don't get me wrong, they're real movers and shakers -- but they're a little too much so, I don't want to burn out that header, you know?

EDIT: sorry, one is 0.85a and the other is 0.6a... that's what happens when I rely on memory lol...

Last edited:
I have two Dell fans already but they're gonna be too potent for a mobo header, which is where this needs to go. (Fuck you, HP...) It's the little things that getcha ;) if this Compaq (new enough to be an HP under the label ;) ) doesn't have a sys fan and a CPU fan plugged into the board, it bitches like hell, at every single boot, no less. "Press F1 to continue" my ass :mad:

I need something that's a quarter amp at most, probably... the ones I have, one is 0.85a and the other is even higher. Don't get me wrong, they're real movers and shakers -- but they're a little too much so, I don't want to burn out that header, you know?

EDIT: sorry, one is 0.85a and the other is 0.6a... that's what happens when I rely on memory lol...

I have a SFF that bitches if either sysfan or cpufan are unplugged, I found an old gpu/cpu fan and knocked off all the blades, then broke it out of the frame while keeping the legs attached to the center, broke off the legs w/o the wires, and ziptied the leg with wire and the center hub somewhere, no noise, and keeps the mobo happy :-P

Opposite problem ;)

Basically the issue is that Mom has become used to loud fans in computers and her current system is actually too /quiet/. Ha!

So I need something that will keep the mobo happy while making an incredible whirring racket. System in question is a rather upgraded Compaq SR2173WM... if I can use a Dell fan that I have, I don't mind, my only concern is that it might pop the header, which will make Mom *ahem* "very unhappy" ;)

EDIT: motherboard for that system is an A8M2N-LA, specifically the NodusM3 version and NOT the Naos version (which appears to be a budgetized/limited NodusM3 variant where they've removed half of everything lol).

Last edited:
Opposite problem ;)

Basically the issue is that Mom has become used to loud fans in computers and her current system is actually too /quiet/. Ha!

So I need something that will keep the mobo happy while making an incredible whirring racket. System in question is a rather upgraded Compaq SR2173WM... if I can use a Dell fan that I have, I don't mind, my only concern is that it might pop the header, which will make Mom *ahem* "very unhappy" ;)

EDIT: motherboard for that system is an A8M2N-LA, specifically the NodusM3 version and NOT the Naos version (which appears to be a budgetized/limited NodusM3 variant where they've removed half of everything lol).

I think I might have one of those super loud 60mm Delta fans that can be used to keep a cpu cool while sounding like a jet turbine.

If you had one that was 80mm it would be perfect ;) 60mm is too small, won't fit without waaaay too much ugly being stuffed in there to *make* it fit.

Forgive me for being persnickety...

If you had one that was 80mm it would be perfect ;) 60mm is too small, won't fit without waaaay too much ugly being stuffed in there to *make* it fit.

Well, only thing I have that is loud, most fans now are pretty quiet. I only got such a loud one in the best, because of the severe lacking in cpu coolers of the day. All the only ones I have might make a lot of noise, but not do a whole lot of cooling because honestly I should have thrown them out already.

Don't need too much airflow, there's a Thermaltake Blue Orb II that someone gave me, on top of the Ath64 5000+ in there :D

Long as it makes a racket, I'm happy...

I might have a few 80 mm fans hanging around, I'll look tonight. You could always put a piece of tape on one of the supports so that it hits the blades and makes a racket.

Thought about the tape idea, talked to Mom about it, but she said no... I'll mention it again tho, just to be sure.

I'm 95% sure I have an 80mm or 92mm delta floating around. Not sure I'd let it out for free, but cheap is doable if that's something you were looking for.

PM me with how much we're talking and I'll see what I can do. Phone bill's a bit high this month so no promises but I'll at least ask...

Anyone got matching 2GB DDR2 800 sticks? Non-ECC and unbuffered? I just need regular desktop DDR2 2GB sticks. These aren't necessarily cheap enough to be free, but I'd like to get 4x 2GB DDR2 800 sticks and they cost like $60 on Ebay, which I don't find worth it. Anyone wanna sell some for cheaper?

Dr
Tomorrow I'll take the original hard drive, blowing away everything and try loading a 32 bit version of Windows 7 and see what happens. Anyone ever hear of this?

Just an update for anyone who has been keeping half an eye on this.

To recap- HP Laptop just started acting up with Win7-64 bit, random reboots, not making it into windows, etc. WinXP was a no go as well as the newest Ubuntu build but one build several years old was just fine. Swapped hard drives, ram, etc with no change.

Loaded Win7-32 bit and it has been utterly flawless, damndest thing I ever saw.

Carry on. Thanks again for the hard drive for testing.

Drivers. Gotta be drivers on that one.

I have a very old laptop. It's a Dell Latitude CPi. I'm a Puppy Linux evangelist (do you have 45 minutes for me to show you a better OS? :p ) and driver support for the sound card is broken in every single Puppy after IIRC Puppy 412... something in the source implementation of that driver changed, I think, and after that it didn't work. Somehow I doubt they tested that particular chipset...

This post is wrapped!

[Strike=]I think most of what folks have any interest in has been picked out and I'm talking to a couple folks about things they might like shipped. Someone had asked right off the bat for all of it in one shot, but I felt like spreading the love a bit was more in the spirit of this thread. I will look to see if they're still interested in what remains early next week. I'll keep the stuff in the spoiler below up to date as things move along, though. If someone's dying for anything that's left, speak now or wait with bated breath for my next post of freebies![/s]

I have the following goodies up for cost of shipping + PayPal/Google Wallet fee
(Ex. If shipping is $13.37 and we do it up with PayPal, you'd be invoiced $14.08 so I can actually recoup the shipping expense)

GPUs and bonus old-as-dirt TV Tuner card! <- This is the big picture/legend

A note on testing: Almost none of this stuff has been tested for a very long time but was still functional when it was put away. Everything's just been sitting in a plastic drawer unit in anti-static bags/padding for years at this point. Anything anyone asks for I will test beforehand *if I can*. I do like to make sure that I'm not sending out non-functional gear. However, I no longer have anything that will even run AGP cards or DDR1 RAM, so I can't test those, and while I may be able to plug in the STB Tuner card, I doubt I'll be able to determine much beyond its appearance in the device manager of my test box since I don't have anything running an OS older than 64bit Win7. Something tells me there's no drivers easily available for a tuner made in '98.

Regardless of the above (tested or not), if I actually send it to you, it's yours as-is. No refunds, no returns, and the invoice or email request for shipping cost will reflect that.

I need this stuff gone, I'd just rather not chuck it all into a dumpster if someone else can get some additional mileage out of it. :D

* Correction: I thought this was a FireGL V7300 512MB, but when I tested it I confirmed otherwise.
STUFF GONE
1) [Strike=] Gainward Geforce 3 Ti200 AGP (requires 3 pin header for non-original Heatsink)[/s] <-gone
2) [Strike=] MSI NX6600-TD128E Lite PCI-e[/s] <-gone
4) [Strike=] ATI X1300 Dell OEM 128MB? PCI-e (DMS-59 requires adaption for VGA or DVI, no adapter included - No Heatsink)[/s] <-gone
8) [Strike=] AOpen PT75 Plus Rev. A S3 Virge/GX PCI (1MB? 2MB? 4MB capable?)[/s] <-gone
10)[Strike=] *AMD FireGL V7200 256MB PCI-e[/s] <-gone
12)[Strike=] ATI Rage 128 16MB AGP[/s] <-gone
14)[Strike=] PNY VCGFX55PPB GeForce FX 5500 128MB AGP (custom RAMsinks and requires 3 pin header for non-original Heatsink)[/s] <-gone
17)[Strike=] "STB Systems" PCI Tuner Card PCI[/s] <-gone
3) [Strike=]GeForce 6200 128MB AGP (No Heatsink in pic, but I found the original and stuck it back on)[/s] <-gone
5) [Strike=]PNY 6600GT 128MB PCI-e[/s] <-gone
6) [Strike=]EVGA 256-P2-N761-AR GeForce 8600 GTS PCI-e[/s] <-gone
7) [Strike=]EVGA 256-P2-N761-AR GeForce 8600 GTS PCI-e[/s] <-gone
9) [Strike=]3dfx Voodoo3 2000 16MB AGP[/s] <-gone
11) [Strike=]Geforce 4 Ti4600 128MB AGP[/s] <-gone
13) [Strike=]PNY 7600GS 256MB PCI-e (No Heatsink in pic, but the original has since been re-attached without a fan, which it probably really needs)[/s] <-gone
16) [Strike=]ATI Diamond Stealth 9250 256MB PCI[/s] <-gone
[Strike=]3x Corsair CMX512-3200C2PT[/s] <-gone
[Strike=]2x Crucial 1GB PC2700[/s] <-gone
[Strike=][URL="http://imgur.com/a/y3Nxv#5"]ASUS TNT2 Vanta 32MB AGP
w/ completely un-necessary kickass zip-tie heatsink action! :p[/s] <-gone
[Strike=]Tiny little mystery card from a Sony Vaio VA TV-PC (Very likely an ATI Mobility Radeon X700 MXM card)[/s] <-gone
15) [Strike=]ATI Radeon X850XT 256MB PCI-e (Turns out it's a platinum edition as well! Fancy that!)[/s] <-spoken for

RAM
[Strike=]1x Corsair CMX512-2700C2PT[/s] <-gone
[Strike=]2x Apacer 512MB PC3200[/s] <-gone
[Strike=]2x Samsung 512MB PC3200[/s] <-gone
[Strike=]5x Misc 256MB 400/333/266[/s] <-gone

My Heat: cortexodus

Last edited:
Drivers. Gotta be drivers on that one.

Nope.

WinXP would not even finish the inital boot from CD and Linux would crash and burn the same way. Early version of Ubuntu? Full install without breaking a sweat and ran flawless.

The laptop came with Win7-64 bit out of the box and then out of the blue started having fits.

Reloading from factory partition usally did not complete.

Win7-32 bit? Bam. Installed from CD, updated and has been running great for weeks.

Go figure.

Nope.

WinXP would not even finish the inital boot from CD and Linux would crash and burn the same way. Early version of Ubuntu? Full install without breaking a sweat and ran flawless.

The laptop came with Win7-64 bit out of the box and then out of the blue started having fits.

Reloading from factory partition usally did not complete.

Win7-32 bit? Bam. Installed from CD, updated and has been running great for weeks.

Go figure.

That almost sounds like something wrong with the processor itself.

That almost sounds like something wrong with the processor itself.

My first guess would be cooling. Reapply thermal compound since that could have dried up over the years. Running in 32bit mode is basically not using a good chunk of the processor itself.

(Ex. If shipping is $13.37 and we do it up with PayPal, you'd be invoiced $14.08 so I can actually recoup the shipping expense)

1) Gainward Geforce 3 Ti200 AGP (requires 3 pin header for non-original Heatsink)
2) MSI NX6600-TD128E Lite PCI-e
3) GeForce 6200 128MB AGP (No Heatsink in pic, but I found the original and stuck it back on)
4) ATI X1300 Dell OEM 128MB? PCI-e (DMS-59 requires adaption for VGA or DVI, no adapter included - No Heatsink)
5) PNY 6600GT 128MB PCI-e
6) [Strike=]EVGA 256-P2-N761-AR GeForce 8600 GTS PCI-e[/s] <-in process
7) [Strike=]EVGA 256-P2-N761-AR GeForce 8600 GTS PCI-e[/s] <-might go with above
8) AOpen PT75 Plus Rev. A S3 Virge/GX PCI (1MB? 2MB? 4MB capable?)
9) [Strike=]3dfx Voodoo3 2000 16MB AGP[/s] <-in process
10) AMD FireGL V7300 512MB PCI-e
11) [Strike=]Geforce 4 Ti4600 128MB AGP[/s] <-in process
12) ATI Rage 128 16MB AGP
13) PNY 7600GS 256MB PCI-e (No Heatsink in pic, but the original has since been re-attached without a fan, which it probably really needs)
14) PNY VCGFX55PPB GeForce FX 5500 128MB AGP (custom RAMsinks and requires 3 pin header for non-original Heatsink)
15) ATI Radeon X850XT 256MB PCI-e
16) ATI Diamond Stealth 9250 256MB PCI
17) "STB Systems" PCI Tuner Card PCI

ASUS TNT2 Vanta 32MB AGP w/ completely un-necessary kickass zip-tie heatsink action! :p

Tiny little mystery card from a Sony Vaio VA TV-PC (Very likely an ATI Mobility Radeon X700 MXM card)

RAM
[Strike=]3x Corsair CMX512-3200C2PT (2 of these modules were recently tested in a P4C800E-Deluxe board that was sent off to someone for shipping cost. That was my last DDR1 capable mobo! Good memories... :) )[/s] <-in process
1x Corsair CMX512-2700C2PT
[Strike=]2x Crucial 1GB PC2700[/s] <-in process
2x Apacer 512MB PC3200
2x Samsung 512MB PC3200
5x Misc 256MB 400/333/266

A note on testing: Almost none of this stuff has been tested for a very long time but was still functional when it was put away. Everything's just been sitting in a plastic drawer unit in anti-static bags/padding for years at this point. Anything anyone asks for I will test beforehand *if I can*. I do like to make sure that I'm not sending out non-functional gear. However, I no longer have anything that will even run AGP cards or DDR1 RAM, so I can't test those, and while I may be able to plug in the STB Tuner card, I doubt I'll be able to determine much beyond its appearance in the device manager of my test box since I don't have anything running an OS older than 64bit Win7. Something tells me there's no drivers easily available for a tuner made in '98.

Regardless of the above (tested or not), if I actually send it to you, it's yours as-is. No refunds, no returns, and the invoice or email request for shipping cost will reflect that.

I need this stuff gone, I'd just rather not chuck it all into a dumpster if someone else can get some additional mileage out of it. :D

Damn too slow but If any of those 8600's fall through. please let me know. would make a perfect upgrade for my arcade machine.

Damn too slow but If any of those 8600's fall through. please let me know. would make a perfect upgrade for my arcade machine.

Will do. Someone actually asked for only one of them, but I have already boxed them together in anticipation of someone asking for the pair since they'd make for a spiffy old SLI box, I asked if he'd like them both for a couple bucks more than the small flat rate box runs.

If he asks me to stick with the single card and it looks to fit ok/safe in a small flat rate I'll get back to you about the second card for sure! :)

I have a trio of Pentium III Thinkpads... one is missing its optical drive, one needs an LCD cable (I'm quite sure it's the cable and nothing else!) and one has a defective battery.

Individual Thinkpads ship in a Medium Flat Rate. Multiple... we'll work something out.

PM me if you have any interest. Thursday the 22nd they go off to be recycled, I have no use for them...

I will also be advertising these on another forum.

My first guess would be cooling. Reapply thermal compound since that could have dried up over the years. Running in 32bit mode is basically not using a good chunk of the processor itself.

Cooling is good, verified with software monitor.

XP was 32 bit version, never made it out of the inital CD boot screen.

Will do. Someone actually asked for only one of them, but I have already boxed them together in anticipation of someone asking for the pair since they'd make for a spiffy old SLI box, I asked if he'd like them both for a couple bucks more than the small flat rate box runs.

If he asks me to stick with the single card and it looks to fit ok/safe in a small flat rate I'll get back to you about the second card for sure! :)

If he does indeed want it, then by all means let him take it. I don't want to be the one to ruin someone's SLI goodness either :)

anyone have 1 or 2 ddr2 2gb sodimms? my moms laptop is maxing out the memory and I want to surprise her by making her laptop more usable.

I have several 1GB DDR2 so-dims available.

I probably have something that will work if the other offers hall through.

man I just gave a member four fans for the cost of mailing. I may still have one available. will look later and send u the model number.

also would anyone have a hard case for a LG G2 phone? something along the way of otterbox?

I have a matt black TPU case, but it will probably scratch up the back of your phone like it did mine if it gets any dust or lint in it.

I can help you out, too if you're still looking.

Anyone has an eSATA shield with cable or eSATA card they are not using?

I have one that has one e-sata port and two USB (2.0 I believe)

1) Gainward Geforce 3 Ti200 AGP (requires 3 pin header for non-original Heatsink)
2) MSI NX6600-TD128E Lite PCI-e
3) GeForce 6200 128MB AGP (No Heatsink in pic, but I found the original and stuck it back on)
4) ATI X1300 Dell OEM 128MB? PCI-e (DMS-59 requires adaption for VGA or DVI, no adapter included - No Heatsink)
5) PNY 6600GT 128MB PCI-e
6) [Strike=]EVGA 256-P2-N761-AR GeForce 8600 GTS PCI-e[/s] <-in process
7) [Strike=]EVGA 256-P2-N761-AR GeForce 8600 GTS PCI-e[/s] <-might go with above
8) AOpen PT75 Plus Rev. A S3 Virge/GX PCI (1MB? 2MB? 4MB capable?)
9) [Strike=]3dfx Voodoo3 2000 16MB AGP[/s] <-in process
10) *AMD FireGL V7200 256MB PCI-e
11) [Strike=]Geforce 4 Ti4600 128MB AGP[/s] <-in process
12) ATI Rage 128 16MB AGP
13) PNY 7600GS 256MB PCI-e (No Heatsink in pic, but the original has since been re-attached without a fan, which it probably really needs)
14) PNY VCGFX55PPB GeForce FX 5500 128MB AGP (custom RAMsinks and requires 3 pin header for non-original Heatsink)
15) ATI Radeon X850XT 256MB PCI-e (Turns out it's a platinum edition as well! Fancy that!)
16) ATI Diamond Stealth 9250 256MB PCI
17) "STB Systems" PCI Tuner Card PCI

ASUS TNT2 Vanta 32MB AGP w/ completely un-necessary kickass zip-tie heatsink action! :p

Tiny little mystery card from a Sony Vaio VA TV-PC (Very likely an ATI Mobility Radeon X700 MXM card)

RAM
[Strike=]3x Corsair CMX512-3200C2PT (2 of these modules were recently tested in a P4C800E-Deluxe board that was sent off to someone for shipping cost. That was my last DDR1 capable mobo! Good memories... :) )[/s] <-in process
1x Corsair CMX512-2700C2PT
[Strike=]2x Crucial 1GB PC2700[/s] <-in process
2x Apacer 512MB PC3200
2x Samsung 512MB PC3200
5x Misc 256MB 400/333/266

* Correction: I thought this was a FireGL V7300 512MB, but when I tested it I confirmed otherwise.

If the 3dFX card falls through, I'm interested!

Looking for a stick or two of DDR 3 SDRAM
Any size and any speed as long as it is a DIMM and for a desktop (EX. Unbuffered no ecc) and not server memory
Thanks

Looking for Ps3 controller . anyone have extra?

not looking for free , i'll pay , but not as much as they're going on ebay

Back