The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

ugh

anybody got the 2 3/8" SLI bridge?

I thought I was covered...but the one I have is a slot too long...like 3 1/4", 2 empty slots between.

I need the one with 3 empty slots between.

gone to |DFA| Havoc

I have this kit and never used it...I dont see me needing it in the near future either so its up for grabs

its for socket 1155 and 1156

in the interest of making it easy for me, I will only ship it USPS flat rate..this way I can just stick it in a box and toss it on my porch for the mail monkey to pick up ....so $6.00 gets it to you

http://www.amazon.com/Indigo-Xtreme-115X-XS-Metallic-Interface/dp/B00GXT6EI4

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Longshot -- I need the manual for an old old old Archerotor from Radio Shack. Cat # is 15-1225B. The 'B' is important -- 15-1225 (no 'B') is not the same inside...

In particular I need the circuit diagram that should be within that manual somewhere.

Does anyone have it?

Longshot -- I need the manual for an old old old Archerotor from Radio Shack. Cat # is 15-1225B. The 'B' is important -- 15-1225 (no 'B') is not the same inside...

In particular I need the circuit diagram that should be within that manual somewhere.

Does anyone have it?

dude, those old rotators used a delayed phase AC setup, never had much luck fixing those

dude, those old rotators used a delayed phase AC setup, never had much luck fixing those

Well, about a year ago I moved a wire around cuz I had the wrong schematic and thought I had the right schematic... lol...

Now I can't remember which wire went where before I fucked with it.

You know those big red "Easy Buttons" Staples had for a while...? I need a "Stupid Button" -- press it and it goes "THAT WAS STUPID." Yeah. Just like that... ;)

Oh -- and sometime when you're really bored, could you PM me an explanation of how the things work? I can't figure it. It's so simple... a switch, a cap, a transformer and a motor. Three wires to another motor. It sure as hell ain't PWM...

Someone with a destiny 1 month ps+ trial ? i just opened my psn account but i can't add my credit card it keeps saying "Please enter a valid credit card number", already tried various addresses and credit cards :S
I don't want to miss the december free games :(

I just found an old PS2 to USB adapter. This isn't what you think. It has two PS2 sockets and one USB plug, so that you can use a PS2 mouse and PS2 keyboard on a computer that doesn't have PS2. PM me if you want it - local pickup in Santa Clara, CA or I can ship.

Looking for a heatsink and fan to fit this little bastard chip (Celeron M ULV 600MHz, 7w TDP --

Ck7cKapl.jpg

...it's made of goose shit and imagination but dammit I'm gonna make it dance...

EDIT: for the record, that CPU is 35mm on a side... hole spacing is 40mm square, center of hole to center of hole.

Looking for a heatsink and fan to fit this little bastard chip (Celeron M ULV 600MHz, 7w TDP --

...it's made of goose shit and imagination but dammit I'm gonna make it dance...

EDIT: for the record, that CPU is 35mm on a side... hole spacing is 40mm square, center of hole to center of hole.

Just use a zip tie and call it good.

...and submit it to the ghetto mods thread

1) D-tek Fusion V.2 CPU waterblock. Will mount on 478,775, 939, AM2, and 754 according to the box.

3) AquaXtreme MP05 CPU waterblock. Worked great on my Socket A computer!!! includes a couple of different mid plates. Should be compatible with socket A, 775, and 939. Research it if you want.

YHPM

how much liberty are you willing to take to get something mounted?

What do you mean? As long as it can go down with screws or spring-pins I'm alright. The real doozy is that the two big square blocks (potted coils) next to the chip are in the damn way... taller than the chip, and in line with the two holes on that side. Ugh...

Ck7cKapl.jpg

99.99999% sure i have a copper HS that should fit. will check when i get home. may need a new set of screws and nuts or drilled out a bit wider for push pins to fit. Last i remember i was going to use it for a project and the screws were set to exactly 40mm and the overall width was about 47mm square.

hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if its 47mm square, theres no way it will fit with those coil blocks.

yep. at this rate its not going to be winning any fashion shows but it will work.

It's this model in particular but i don't have the backplate or the fan for it
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161512702991

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I was thinking about those mobo NB heat sinks which are usually glued on but some have spring wire arms that you can maybe mod to fit.

Thought about that, I have one with wire clips, but (a) I hate those damn things and (b) if I put it down with zip ties it will inevitably have to come off and it will take components with it when it does... I know me ;)

Thermal tape? *is confused*

Is that the wax pad bullshit? Whatever it is, I don't have any...

Hold off on the mailing, 404, I may have something. It's small, it's aluminum, and I just hacksawed the crap out of it :D Just have to drill it and see if it will fit securely using only the two left-hand holes... may do one zip-tie and one screw... we'll see...

@techrat -- that wasn't so bad, actually. Copper's a little different, but I've got a 24tpi hacksaw that can handle anything with enough time, lol.

I broke the fan on my 5850 and need to replace it. Single fan unit. Looking for anything that will fit.

@Gillbot -- iiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting. I will probably want to remove this eventually, so something more like chip-paste-shim-paste-heatsink would've worked better. But w/e heatsink is drilled, now to fit it...

EDIT: all done! 404, keep your heatsink, you'll need it eventually I'm sure...

I'll edit this post (again) in a few minutes with some pictures. Heh heh heh...

EDIT2: here, did a writeup in the Ghetto Mods Thread --> http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1041343463#post1041343463

techrat, if your eyes are delicate, you probably don't want to click that link... just sayin', since I had you cringing earlier...

Last edited:
Typically, it can be removed with care and a *twist*. Also, if you contact some manufacturers direct, they'll send a sample kit

long shot, but you never know.

Anyone have 1GB or 2GB DDR3 sticks not being used? Looking into doing a cheap internet computer build for a needy family and mobo only takes DDR3 sticks, 1066 minimum speed. Hoping to get 2x2GB for 4GB in the board.

Yep, I think I have two 1gb desktop sticks... my scale's broken again (dammit!) so it'd be a flat rate envelope for $6... lmk...

anyone have 1 or 2 ddr2 2gb sodimms? my moms laptop is maxing out the memory and I want to surprise her by making her laptop more usable.

I need an 80mm fan that makes a lot of air-moving noise but can safely run off a mobo fan header. Anyone have?

I will have some stuff to put up here later today...

Back