The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Anyone have a 1GB DDR2 desktop ram? I just need it for my old PC. Will also accept 2x 512MB sticks.

Anyone have some USB-stick Lanyards (the long "around the neck" type) they're not using? Most of what I find for sale are "keyring" lanyards that wont fit the tiny holes on my USB drives... looking for 2-5 of them...

Go to some free/cheap convention or trade shows.... usually bunch of vendors giving those away... i go around collecting them from different companies to differentiate my flash drives... :-D

Just checking here before i go to ebay or so.

Anyone got a spare Sli Bridge cable? I just need one that has 2 connectors. If anyone has a spare one they dont need, please help me out. As always, ill pay for all fees with pp. Thank you.

Aten CS1762 free plus actual ship cost
It's the two port one.
DVI/USB/stereo/mic
Used, has a bad power supply. Includes original box and everything it came with, you will have to get a new power supply.
Probably something like $15 UPS ground, PM me if interested.
If you can send me a shipping label that would be perfect.

Does any one have any DDR memory?
I'm looking to get a G5 up and running for a family friend and it's missing memory, a sata hdd and the side panel.
If anyone has any of this it would be a huge help

Does any one have any DDR memory?
I'm looking to get a G5 up and running for a family friend and it's missing memory, a sata hdd and the side panel.
If anyone has any of this it would be a huge help

If you can use ECC DDR, I have some 512 sticks you can have.

Hey, does anyone have a notebook IDE hard drive? Needs to be at least 80gb.

I have $7 in my PP that I can use for this.

Hey, does anyone have a notebook IDE hard drive? Needs to be at least 80gb.

I have $7 in my PP that I can use for this.

Good luck! I've been looking for notebook IDE drives myself. Enough trouble getting 20+ gig hard drives. If anyone happens to have any available I sure can use them. A friend of mine needs a replacement. The one he has no is on its last legs, not the first either. Only ones I seem to be able to get are Fujitsu drives, and they seem to drop like flies.

If you (unlike me) actually have money, your best bet is to drop about $30 on eBay (that's for an 80gb model).

I don't have $30 though, or I'd be all set :(

If you (unlike me) actually have money, your best bet is to drop about $30 on eBay (that's for an 80gb model).

Ya, I opted to try another route, which works decently, but I need a faster SD card, so not quite so cost effective. They have those IDE to SDHC converters. Probably good enough to run a light version of Linux though.

The difficulty with buying those drives off ebay is they are used, and they tend to have a short life left in them. Haven't seen any 80gig ones going for that price though. Surprisingly enough newegg still have some for sale, but quite costly.

Actually getting to the point where I might just abandon the laptops I have because of how hard it is to get replacement hard drives for them now. My friend can't really afford much either, the laptop he has, someone threw out in the trash. The only problem it had was a dead hard drive. That is why I am looking to see if anyone has any they can graciously offer.

I have a 30 gig IDE that's sitting on my deskt at I was going to throw out, I'm not shipping it free..

Sorry dash, need a bit more capacity than that. This is a laptop of Mom's and she tends to occupy about 40gb. I specified 80 because that's what the original drive was... 60 might work tho.

EDIT: for those who have actual money...

ONE

TWO

THREE

FOR MORE: search eBay for "ide laptop 80" and set the results to "Buy It Now Only". Ignore the drives marked "As Is" or "Parts Only" or that have a policy of "No Returns". Those are all broken drives that nobody wants but people peddle anyways. I think those are only bought by mistake.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have these up for grabs:

4x 2GB Kingston DDR3 1600 laptop RAM
Pulled this from a M4600 when I first got it and put in 4GB modules instead

Both sets will probably fit in the USPS priority envelope or that small box, so $5 for shipping.

GONE.

Last edited:
this might be long shot but anyone have osx snow leopard 10.6.0 (6.1 might work but above won't work)

also i've PC133R not sure of size but was pulled from old dell server.

Samsung PC133R-333-542-B2 if anyone wants it's yours at price of shipping.

If someone's got an extra iPod USB cable floating around I could put it to use. Will update with freebie stuff.

I have one 1GB stick and some other smaller sticks.
Thanks a bunch.
I was really hoping to get 2x1GB, but what are the smaller size sticks?

If you can use ECC DDR, I have some 512 sticks you can have.
Thanks, but that wouldn't work.

I have a Danger Den 939 Block if anyone can use it:
TDX.gif

Thanks a bunch.
I was really hoping to get 2x1GB, but what are the smaller size sticks?

Thanks, but that wouldn't work.

I have a Danger Den 939 Block if anyone can use it:
TDX.gif
This is spoken for.

mostly 256MB. I don't think I have any 512MB left.
Thanks, but 512 would be the smallest that I could make use of. Although if you find anymore please let me know.

I also have a Zalman ZM-CS4A bracket up for grabs along with a Hauppauge WinTV 34132 as well.

35-118-045-03.jpg

mnBEat8FnQj0j1zngXQ5rZw.jpg

Probably a longshot, but does anyone have a 4 port switch lying around?

I don't care for gigabit, I only care about expanding my network.... so 10/100 will do.

I would highly prefer something like Netgear FS105, but I'll take anything if you guys don't want it.

Obviously I'll cover all shipping/fees.

edit:

wow, you guys work fast. I got the switch!

I have a bunch of useless stuff cluttering my stuff. just post what you guys want and I'll see if I can't cover you.

Last edited:
Thanks for mentioning me, jojo69! (Also, check your email.)

Deluded, I'll pm you the details in a minute or two. EDIT: sent.

Last edited:
Already paid for the switch, but thank you for your offer hawk!

I saw someone was looking for a 1gb ddr ram, and sli bridges... I have them.

Anyone got a couple of VGA --> DVI adapters?

I remember having a few but I can't find them...

let me know via PM, many thanks

Looking for a pair of socket604 533 FSB Xeon to upgrade a Precision 650. It has two of 2.0G Xeon now, and I try to squeeze the last bit out of it.
I have couple 512 ECC DDR333, and one 1GB ECC register DDR333, for the cost of shipping.

Need some sort of working PCI-e vid card. Doesn't have to be fancy, just working. Has to be better than the built in video that this board currently has.

Anyone have a working 939 motherboard?

is anyone intersted in bad hard drives i have a 500gb wd doest seem to work at all, and a 320gb wd that works sometimes. If someone coudl get some use out of them price is what I'd want.

Need some sort of working PCI-e vid card. Doesn't have to be fancy, just working. Has to be better than the built in video that this board currently has.

I have some Radeon X300, X600 or similar

Looking for a pair of socket604 533 FSB Xeon to upgrade a Precision 650. It has two of 2.0G Xeon now, and I try to squeeze the last bit out of it.
I have couple 512 ECC DDR333, and one 1GB ECC register DDR333, for the cost of shipping.

I have this from my FS thread. LMK if you want 'em
2 XEON 2.8GHz/512/533 SL6GG (matched pair, priced for both)

I had a box going here, last word in 462, AN78X with the Athlon 3200 I got on this thread from Starhawk. The PSU went out and took the MOBO with it. Anybody got a later 462 MOBO that will run the chip?

Back