The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Looking for a PS2 (Keyboaed) to USB adapter.

Giving away stuff in me freebie section.

I have a few laying around but they are for mouse, not keyboard. Last time I tried with a keyboard, they didn't work. They only work with USB mouse to PS/2 mouse. If you need one for a mouse, I can try to locate one among my mass trash.

Looking for a PS2 (Keyboaed) to USB adapter.
You can use a dual PS2 (kb/mouse) to single USB adapter: http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10404&cs_id=1040401&p_id=6854&seq=1&format=2
I have a few laying around but they are for mouse, not keyboard. Last time I tried with a keyboard, they didn't work. They only work with USB mouse to PS/2 mouse. If you need one for a mouse, I can try to locate one among my mass trash.
The green USB/PS2 adapters for mice are typically not compatible with keyboards.
USB to PS2 for mice
PS2 to USB for mice
PS2 to USB for keyboards (passive, not typically compatible with the kb unless your kb came with one)
PS2 to USB for keyboards (active, typically compatible with all kb's)
USB to PS2 for keyboards

The cheapest option for closers is a dual PS2 (KB/Mouse) to single USB adapter, typically found for a few bucks.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Called thermaltake, they're out and it's all been discontinued :(

Does anyone have spare 754 hardware for that cooler (blue orb 2)?

Looking for a Dell PS/2 keyboard CABLE, from a Dell sk-8100 keyboard. if you've got one that doesn't work and you're perhaps cannibalizing it for keys...long shot I know. This is for one of many pc's that I've refurbed and given away, which is why I'm begging vs buying another keyboard. Thanks!

I have a Silverstone TJ08B mATX case for local pick up in St. Louis, MO. Has some minor scratches and a few dents and the front USB/audio/firewire panel does not work since I clipped the wires (blocked airflow). Besides that, it is in good shape.

Local pickup only. If you want pictures let me know and I can send you some.

Still available. Otherwise, I'm tossing it since I will be moving mid May since it will not be used. Not really worth shipping since it is cost prohibitive.

Still available. Otherwise, I'm tossing it since I will be moving mid May since it will not be used. Not really worth shipping since it is cost prohibitive.

It cost me $15 to ship a Medium Tower (Antec 300) by USPS Parcel Post and it is certainly heavier than the case you're giving away.

Got some stuff to get rid of. I was gonna use the HSF that I'm posting, but I don't think I can :(

Socket 7 Package...
Tekram P5M4-M+ Mobo (mATX)
AMD K6-2/350AR 350MHz CPU
48MB RAM (a stick of 32 and a stick of 16)
Compatible heatsink (needs a little cleaning)
PM for shipping costs, since I'm not 100% sure that I can fit it all in a thin Medium Flat Rate box.

775 mATX Mobo
GONE

478 mATX Mobo
GONE

ThermalTake Blue Orb II HSF + Mounting Hardware
Normally I'd sell this for like $20, but it's UNTESTED and I'm not sure that the mounting hardware I have for it actually fits. If it does fit, it's LGA775 only.
PM me for shipping costs, since there's NO WAY this will fit in a thin Medium Flat Rate.

Last edited:
starhawk, i may be interested in the D101GGC board.

Also, isn't the socket 754 heatsinks the same as the socket 939 and AM2? If so, i may have one you can use. I have two stock amd coolers. one with a pwm fan and one with a standard 3 pin fan.

Found me a 754 heatsink -- I've got so many HSFs though (mostly 370/462) that I'm considering taking them to the local scrap-metal place! ($0.40/lb. is a pretty good deal for aluminum around here.)

PM me about the board if you're interested ;) I'll be glad to provide whatever you need to know (if I can), just that I don't want to clutter up the thread with that.

Found me a 754 heatsink -- I've got so many HSFs though (mostly 370/462) that I'm considering taking them to the local scrap-metal place! ($0.40/lb. is a pretty good deal for aluminum around here.)

well u wont get much. i did that sometime ago. think i got $8 for 3-4lbs of heatsinks

I am in need of a mini plug coupler to connect two headphone jacks together. Looks like this:

coupler.gif

Monoprice.com has them for like $1 each if nobody has any spares

Not a combo, just the board ;) Also, another [H]er PMed me about it first -- if either (a) I don't hear from them or (b) they don't want it after all, then at that point I'll PM you. I feel like anything less wouldn't be fair.

Decided I want to redo this and I need a donor mouse. USB, optical, wired, please nothing fancy -- it's going to get hacked. Don't need (or really want) laser or 45 buttons. Heck, if someone somehow has one without a scroll wheel, that would be ideal here -- otherwise there's more to desolder!

Looking to spend less than the $5 that newegg would ask before shipping. Logitechs are nice but I'm not going to be picky.

Check your PM about the Combo, afraid I'm gonna be looking somewhere else for the mouse.

Note that navigation buttons count as "too fancy" here -- more to desolder.

Check your PM about the Combo, afraid I'm gonna be looking somewhere else for the mouse.

Note that navigation buttons count as "too fancy" here -- more to desolder.

Let me check tomorrow. I might be able to help you out on that one. Dell/HP branded Logitech ok?

I need a DB25 Male to MicroCentronics 36 cable for an HP laser printer; this is the male parallel to mini male cable - which I am sure I had (and finally disposed of because "no one will ever need this" :rolleyes: .......) a few months ago - and now I need one. 6' would be preferable. I think they come in 3, 6, 10'. Thanks!

FOUND!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Folks: Over the years, I have collected close to 20 power cords. They are everywhere! Starting to annoy the heck out of me now. Tell me if you need any of them. They are yours just for the shipping charge.

Folks: Over the years, I have collected close to 20 power cords. They are everywhere! Starting to annoy the heck out of me now. Tell me if you need any of them. They are yours just for the shipping charge.

lol! good luck, I've got around 10 myself I'm been trying to unload for the last year or so, plus probably 30 POTS cables...

Lol, I have over 50 of them. I can't give them away. No one wants them.

^What he said. Which is why I no longer have my DB25 Male to MicroCentronics 36 cable that I need.....now....after an office cleanout of the 'nobody can use this stuff any more' variety..

Looking for a Wii controller, it can be broken or even just it's shell. Also, I am still looking for a Microsoft Strategic Commander.

please do not landfill copper cables

worth $$ at the scrappers, at least give them to the crackheads so they go back in the resource stream

I've got a Compaq socket370 heatsink, model # 246505001. It's the round "orb" style, but done stupidly. I love the look tho (and the ability to use whatever fan I want)...

... but two of the fan pins came off with the fan! Can anyone send me the fan holder part (plastic) with ALL FOUR PINS still on it? I can post pix of mine if that would help.

EDIT: the heatsink is like this one on eBay --> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Compaq-SOCKET-S370-heatsink-AND-fan-246505001-/220789924170

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm a fan of good cooling (geddit, hyuck hyuck?) so here's six fans. I've tested a couple of these with a molex psu (by pulling the connectors apart, of course :rolleyes: ) so I can't guarantee that the connectors work as planned.

1x Nidec Beta V TA300DC. Works, but NO CONNECTOR (I ripped it off :eek: )
2x JMC/Datech 9232-12HBTL-2
1x Datech 9232-12HBTL
1x NMB (Minebea Co.) 3612KL-04W-B66
1x JMC/Datech 0925-12LMB (in some kinda shroud, probably Dell)

I'd like to get rid of these all at once if possible.

Still have the Blue Orb (although the Socket 7 stuff is gone) and I'd still like the stuff in my last post (immediately above).

EDIT: added one fan and fixed the text to match.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of good cooling (geddit, hyuck hyuck?) so here's six fans. I've tested a couple of these with a molex psu (by pulling the connectors apart, of course :rolleyes: ) so I can't guarantee that the connectors work as planned.

1x Nidec Beta V TA300DC. Works, but NO CONNECTOR (I ripped it off :eek: )
2x JMC/Datech 9232-12HBTL-2
1x Datech 9232-12HBTL
1x NMB (Minebea Co.) 3612KL-04W-B66
1x JMC/Datech 0925-12LMB (in some kinda shroud, probably Dell)

I'd like to get rid of these all at once if possible.

Still have the Blue Orb (although the Socket 7 stuff is gone) and I'd still like the stuff in my last post (immediately above).

EDIT: added one fan and fixed the text to match.

post pictures, i might be interested :)

The Pantech Impact (cell phone in 2nd pic) is not for sale unless anyone wants to trade me something better... :D

I have a stick of RAM I bought on eBay. I don't know if the RAM slot on my ancient laptop is dead or if it's the RAM, since I don't have another computer that takes it. I can say that it worked when it left its previous owner (I've known RAM to die in the mail, though)...

But if anyone really needs a 64MB stick of EDO RAM (144 pin SODIMM), they can have it.

Back