The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

I'm looking for at least one 40mm fan. connector type doesn't matter. Also looking for any old pc panel backplates.

I will be putting up a new freebies post soon. I've accumulated some things here that could very well be of interest to some. Just have to start digging into my bins again.

I have an Evga 650i Ultra that someone could have for the cost of shipping .. It's running a Q6700 with 2x2gb DDR2 and a GTX460 .. but the first memory slot is bad so you wouldn't have 4 slots available for memory.. it's been a 24/7 F@H box/movie player in garage when I work out for quite some time now.

I got the board free from here on the forums, so I'd pass on the "gift' if your interested.

I'ts been rock solid under Vista64 with the 2nd&4th mem slots. Comes with I/O plate and I mounted a fan on the northbridges passive heatsink as well. Not the prettiest thing, but it's been working good.

GONE to jackofalltrades

Last edited:
Ill take it.

I have an Evga 650i Ultra that someone could have for the cost of shipping .. It's running a Q6700 with 2x2gb DDR2 and a GTX460 .. but the first memory slot is bad so you wouldn't have 4 slots available for memory.. it's been a 24/7 F@H box/movie player in garage when I work out for quite some time now.

I got the board free from here on the forums, so I'd pass on the "gift' if your interested.

I'ts been rock solid under Vista64 with the 2nd&4th mem slots. Comes with I/O plate and I mounted a fan on the northbridges passive heatsink as well. Not the prettiest thing, but it's been working good.

@ Starhawk

I have a couple of cards you might be able to use. One is a G card, the other is a N card. Though I can't vouch for how well the N card might work out.

@ 404

For the fan, what height are you looking for? Something fairly large, or pretty thin?

@chronic9 -- I've got a molex passthru with a 3pin fan connector on it, if that's what yer asking for ;) no worries if I'm wrong, won't be the first time :D

Got a mystery graphics card here, pretty sure it's AGP. HSF identifies as some sort of nVIDIA Quadro 4. Fan does NOT spin freely, and HSF assembly will therefore need replacement. Ports are VGA, S-Video, and DVI. Considering the complete and utter lack of secondary branding, I'm GUESSING that this is either an OEM card or some sort of NVIDIA ref card... honestly I have no idea.

Just pay shipping, per usual.

Anyone have some headphones (NOT EARPHONES) that don't have a mic but do have a volume control? Outside of outrageously expensive ones, I cant find any headphones with volume that don't have a Mic. I'm willing to throw in a few extra $ besides shipping for them, they're for hooking to a PS2 Slim for travel so there is no 'volume' option except through the headphones themselves.

Looking for one stick of desktop ddr2 ram any speed or capacity will do. Optionally if you have some for sale cheap, I'm shooting for 2gb of ddr2 800 ram.

Currently have the following to give:

tons of various cables and connectors (just ask)

intel celeron socket 370 500mhz processor

Intel pentium 3 socket 370 667ghz processor

intel pentium4 socket 775 2.8ghz processor

powermac g4 450mhz graphite (prefer local pickup)

Powermac g4 motherboard with G4 450mhz cpu & 128mb ram

powermac g4 processors ranging from 400-450mhz

pacman cart for atari5200

xbox360 fan shroud

few 80mm fans, most do not have connectors.

92mm pwm fan, pretty thick fan. moves tons of air.

dell dimension 92mm fan air duct.

tons of various northbridge coolers.

Apple imac hockey puck mouse blueberry color

netopia 3347 nwg dsl modem/wireless router combo

2x westell wirespeed dsl modem

Last edited:
Misc. case parts from the Chieftec Dragon mid-tower case. This case was also sold under the Antec and ThermalTake names, but dont remember the models.

Look here for great images of the case... and thus the parts up for grabs.

2 Front Panels with door (black)
4 Solid rear Side Panels (black, 1 steel, 3 alum)
3 Window frt Side Panels (black)
4 sets Swivel Feet (black, 4 feet per set)
15 5-1/4 drive blocking panel (black)
2 3-1/2 drive blocking panel (black)
4 sets of drive slide rails (4 rails on a holder, per set)
4 80mm fan brackets (purple)
2 removable latching 3-1/2 HDD bay enclosures
1 cable management bracket (purple)

Last edited:
i have a socket 478 celeron and a mystery stick of pc3200 ddr400 ram. you can have them for the price of shipping.

I have for the cost of shipping.
1 x Win 98 cd no coa just disk only
2 x windows server 2003 cd and manual no coa or serial code for dell
1 x ms office2003 service pack 2 cd
1 x w2k + sp3 cd no coa for dell
5 x windows vista business cd for dell no coa
1 x winxp pro service pack 2 for dell no coa

Hardware:
Pci ATI tv tuner not win7 supported gone
highpoint ide pci card 2 internal and one external port
Geforce 4 64 meg agp card gone
Everything works just never used take one item take them all just pay the shipping it's yours.

I have need of the following items:
775 cpu and heatsink

DDR2 desktop ram
Decent desktop power supply

Last edited:
Currently in the process of building my little brother a computer from my spare parts as a Christmas gift but I'm lacking a hard drive, dvd drive and power supply (Doesn't have to be the greatest stuff, just something to get the job done)...

offered items:

Micronta Quartz Guitar Tuner
Wireless Optical Mouse 5189urf (lost wireless receiver)
PC66 32MB Memory Module X3
Sandisk Memory Stick Micro (M2) 1GB

Last edited:
Currently in the process of building my little brother a computer from my spare parts as a Christmas gift but I'm lacking a hard drive, dvd drive and power supply (Doesn't have to be the greatest stuff, just something to get the job done)...

offered items:

Micronta Quartz Guitar Tuner
Wireless Optical Mouse 5189urf (lost wireless receiver)
PC66 32MB Memory Module X3
Sandisk Memory Stick Micro (M2) 1GB

I've got a few 20-30GB IDE drives laying around, If you're interested, I can test them and find a good one for you and get one it to you. I may also still have a DVD-ROM drive around here somewhere too, but I'd have to look. No power supplies I'd feel comfortable letting people use, though.

Would like to get two to five DVD-R or -RW discs. No need for more, and +R/RW won't work.

Just need 'em to play around with OpenSuSE.

Would like to get two to five DVD-R or -RW discs. No need for more, and +R/RW won't work.

Just need 'em to play around with OpenSuSE.

If you have a Walgreens around you, they usually sell a 5 pack for $2. About as much as it would cost for someone to ship them to you.

If you have a Walgreens around you, they usually sell a 5 pack for $2. About as much as it would cost for someone to ship them to you.

Depending on where you are, Staples brand 10 packs of DVD's are on clearance for 3 bucks. My store still has a ton of them rolling around, most other stores probably do too.

@techrat: thanks, I'll do that.
@Cschill1290: Staples is great, but I don't live terribly near one.

Have some really old stuff here, I'll give this until Monday Dec 12 to disappear, and then whatever's left will go to the dump. It's not really worth keeping around, even to me, because it's REALLY old stuff (think mid '90s)... due to the quantity, I'd prefer to ship this off in one big bundle, but if ya'll want to pick & choose, I guess I don't care. Just as long as it's gone, and gone quick!

Two Baby AT motherboards of unknown make/model, one with CPU, one without. (Both have RAM.)
One 586F61-PB (Rev.2A) Baby AT motherboard w/ RAM & CPU.
One Intel AN430TX Full-ATX motherboard with neither RAM nor CPU.
One Creative Sound Blaster 16 ISA sound card.
One (unknown make) ATC-6631 ISA sound card.
One USRobotics (unknown model) ISA modem.
One Gateway 6001260 PCI modem.
One (unknown make/model) PCI modem w/ Lucent chipset.
One Diamond Multimedia SUP2750 PCI modem.
One 3com Etherlink XL PCI NIC.
One Dynex DX-M100 PCI modem + sound card.
One S3 TRIO64PCI-1 PCI video card.
One GSI 1533-18-07-9 Model 13 ISA IDE controller card.
One GoldStar IODE-329OU ISA IDE controller card w/ I/O ports.
One GoldStar (unknown model) ISA IDE controller card w/ I/O ports.
One DFI MIO-400KF Rev. F ISA IDE controller card w/ I/O ports.
Two 72pin SIMMs.
Four sticks of assorted SDRAM.
Two AT-style (4pin Molex) HSF assemblies.
Two dual-port serial dongles (DB9M+DB25M).
Two single-port serial dongles (DB9M).
One single-port parallel dongle (DB25F).
...and an assortment of nine ribbon cables (some IDE, some floppy).

Looking for four (4) anti-static bag to keep my older harddrives. I plan on using the HD for my back-ups.

Thanks!

Anyone have a soundcard that has drivers for win 7 support that they no longer need or use? My realtech HD onboard audio is causing hard lock ups on my pc when playing BF3

I can go buy a cheap audio card next payday but if anyone has one they dont need that would be awesome.

I have an untested Creative SB0090 I got from a system someone threw out. If you want it and are willing to pay for shipping, I can test it and send it to you. I also have some special front panel stuff for it if you want that too.

@sequoia: ygpm

EDIT: my stuff that I posted (a couple posts up, this page) will be GONE tomorrow. Grab it while it's here!

I have an untested Creative SB0090 I got from a system someone threw out. If you want it and are willing to pay for shipping, I can test it and send it to you. I also have some special front panel stuff for it if you want that too.

PMing you now, according to Creative they have drivers for win 7 for that card

Anyone have a BF3 key for less than $30?... my friend is constantly hogging my origin account to play it, and I'm too nice to kick him off or change the password.

Kick him off or have him by his own key. I used to be like you until the abuse was too much.

Just so ya'll know, that antique trash I had posted here is now gone. Nobody else wanted it so it goes to China for recycling.

Anyone have any spare decent TIM or thermal compound they'd be willing to part with?

Im trying to rebuild a computer and without thinking I pulled the CPU without having more TIM. Any help is appreciated.

I have the following:

3x128MB SDRAM (1 stick PC-133, 2 unknown sticks)
16MB SD card
Broken GeForce 6800GT AGP (Card isn't broken physically, but when plugged in it produces no signal)
Unknown AGP video card. (I honestly have no idea...there are no labels on it anywhere other than "warranty void if removed" labels. Unknown RAM configuration. It might be a GeForce2 MX, but not at all sure)

I also have the low profile adapters for a MSI 5450

Last edited:
These items are BROKEN and are free, you pay shipping. I will toss them out in two weeks.

PNY 9600GSO
PNY 8800GT 512MB
* maybe baking will bring them back to life?

GONE-----
Biostar A760G M2+
* have retail box, i/o shield and manual + installation cd.
Biostar TA760G M2+
ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe

Last edited:
anyone have a plastic cpu clamshell thing? Need to sell a couple 775 CPUs but dont have a holder to put it in.

Back