The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

4-14-11 I moved what's left up toward the front.

I have some stuff I don't want and stuff I do want.
PENDING means I am in talks and if you want the item, you're going to be in line.
GONE means someone got it. Sorry.
RECEIVED means I got an item I wanted.

I am currently looking for:

RECEIVED any socket 754 cpu, it can be cheap
RECEIVED any AGP or PCI (not PCIE) video card, it can be cheap

I currently have up for grabs:

GONE Pentium 4 CPU. 2.4Ghz I think, and socket 478 I know... that is all I know about it.
GONE four SATA cables, some latchable
GONE SLI 3-way bridge, not flexible
GONE SLI 2-way bridge, not flexible
GONE male VGA to male component (R,G,B) cable, ~6 ft.
GONE male DVI to male HDMI cable, ~6ft
GONE female DVI to male HDMI adapter
GONE two molex (male) power to 6-pin PCIE power adapters
GONE two iPod cables (USB)
GONE TOSLINK optical SPDIF cable, 6ft
GONE two SATA cables, some right-angled, some latchable
GONE one DVI (male) to VGA (female) adapter
GONE 64mb SmartMedia memory card
GONE 128mb SmartMedia memory card
GONE 128mb stick of laptop SDRAM (not DDR)
GONE 64mb stick of laptop SDRAM (not DDR)
GONE SATA cables, some right-angled, some latchable (last of them currently)

I will update from time to time/ as needed.

Last edited:
Looking for the cheapest pcie video card (for server) and 1gb ddr laptop stick. Can give my 512mb stick after. Thanks

EDIT : Bought one on hardforum

Last edited:
A buddy of mine just gave me an old Dell PowerEdge SC420 complete with a S775 board and 2.8ghz P4 with HyperThreading. I'm curious to see if this thing can handle a Pentium D. If anyone has one collecting dust, that'd be awesome =D If it works, then I'll gladly offer up the 2.8ghz chip for anyone that needs it.

Looking for couple small capacity SD cards, 128/256/512 will do. I know I can get a 4G for $8, but the project I'm working on need no more than 128M, seems wasting if using 1G or more.
Gave out random craps several times before.

i need the shroud for the psu for the black stacker 830.

what the psu would attach too:

D0amn.jpg

this is what the shroud for the psu looks like installed:

rp9EM.jpg

**2/6/11 updates
I am currently looking for:

- any AGP or PCI (not PCIE) video card, it can be cheap

How cheap? I have a ton of old AGP's that need a home. Just pay $5 for flat-rate USPS.
AGP Video Cards

--STB Velocity 128, 4 Mb

--DIAMOND S3 Virge / GX2, 4 Mb

--SiS 6326, 8 Mb

--GENOA SYSTEMS Phantom 740, 8 Mb

--ATI 3D Rage IIc, 8 Mb

--MATROX Graphics Millenium G200, 8 Mb

--STB nVidia TNT, 16 Mb

--NUMBER NINE Revolution IV, 16 Mb

--ATI Rage 128 GL 32Mb

Stuff to go:
HP Jet direct 10/100 Parallel port print server, with wall-wart and 2 printer cables (one ~3', one ~15')

2 retail AMD Kuma HSF's.

I have some stuff as well that I can't just throw away.

--Intel Socket 370 Celeron 900mhz. Comes with unused stock HSF and will be in a celeron 950mhz retail box.

--Creative 1100001212 webcam. USB. No cable.

--Logitech V-UD4 webcam(QuickCam Web). USB. Built in cable. Have driver disk.

--PS/2 CueCat 68-1965

--Gravis gamepad. 15 pin gameport interface.

--Sony scph-1061 rf adapter for PSX. I also used this with an old sony camcorder.

--Quite a few round IDE cables. Some are black, some have clear that show the copper shield.

All items are free, just pay the shipping. Pls pm me if you want something so I can keep track.

Last edited:
Have the following to give away:

Belkin Hi-Speed USB 2.0 4 Port Lighted Hub-Black
Crossfire bridge

Last edited:
Looking for some MOSFET heatsinks for my MSI 870A-G54 board. I am afraid it might explode if I do any type of overclocking.

Looking for a 30GB Zune motherboard. I don't care about the rest of the Zune (cracked screen, bad battery, bat hdd, etc). I just need a good, functional motherboard. One of the Zune's I have, the charging/data port is all kinds of F'd up, and apparently, that piece is part of the motherboard.

Thanks!

OK, before I toss all these fossils into the trash, anyone want them??
Everything tested and works.

Pentium 2, Slot 1 CPU's:
-- 266MHz/512K/66 SL2HE (2 of these)
-- 266MHz/512K/66 SL2W7
-- 300MHz/512K/66 SL2HA
-- 333MHz/512K/66 SL2S5
-- 400MHz/512K/100 SL357

Pentium 3, Slot 1 CPU's
-- 450MHz/512/100 SL364

SLOT 1 Terminators... used to populate unused slot on dual-CPU motherboard with only one CPU installed. (2 of these)

Celeron SK370 CPU's
-- 366MHz SL36C
-- 400MHz SL37X
-- 433MHz SL3BA (2 of these)
-- 466MHz SL3EH (2 of these)

RAM, 72 pin EDO... all memtest'd
-- 4Mb (5 matched pairs)
-- 8Mb (5 matched pairs)
-- 16Mb (7 matched pairs)

MUCH MORE.... K6 cpu's, SK370 cpu's, old motherboards, sdram, AGP cards, PCI modems, etc... (I'll list specifics as I dig them out of the bins)

Last edited:
I got one ;) been sitting in a drawer for the past like 15 years, but there's nothing to break in it, so...

currently pending: Pentium D

looking for: functional am2 mobo, doesn't even have to be fully functional (broken sata or ide is fine) just has to at least turn on, and maybe run for a bit.

Major Derpish here... who is this General Failure and why is he reading my disk?!

I sent Cat1yst the wrong adapter -- he needs one that makes an AT keyboard PS/2 compatible... my mind pulled an oopsie and assumed that meant an adapter to make a PS/2 keyboard work with an AT box. Must be that "autocorrect" feature in MS Office finding its way into my head >.<

So he still needs the adapter.

Looking for 1 stick of 512mb so-dimm ddr 333 notebook memory.

TIA

I think i got you. PM me and ill dig it up.

Major Derpish here... who is this General Failure and why is he reading my disk?!

I sent Cat1yst the wrong adapter -- he needs one that makes an AT keyboard PS/2 compatible... my mind pulled an oopsie and assumed that meant an adapter to make a PS/2 keyboard work with an AT box. Must be that "autocorrect" feature in MS Office finding its way into my head >.<

So he still needs the adapter.

No sweat. I just left you pos heat.

hey, guys and girls am looking for a socket 1156 intel stock fan heatsink. or just the fan will do.

Thanks

I've got another case for free. It's a Cooler Master Storm Scout. Comes with the two 140mm fans. It's in great shape, I do not want it since it looks like an over-sized cheese grater. There is one small chip on the top of the front face from that tab on the top plastic piece, it never bothered me. If you're local, you get first dibs. If you're not local, shipped is around $20-$25 UPS. I've still got the original box to ship it in. Heatware is jmurray.

Below is an older post from when I gave away other cases.
Originally Posted by Atl530i View Post
Okay people, since no one wants to buy my cases, I'm giving them away for the price of shipping since I do not want to throw them away.

Heat under jmurray

1. Antec P180 mini white
2. Zalman GS1000b
3. Cooler Master Sileo 500 (this one will take a few days since I am using it)

Just pay shipping. I've been trying to sell these for a couple months (namely the Zalman) and I am to the point of either throwing them away or giving them away. I really do not want to throw them away since they are nice cases. If you're local to Atlanta, we can meet up somewhere. I can provide my cell # if you're local.

Thanks!!

Justin

Last edited:
Hey guys, Anyone happen to have an ISA SCSI card? like an ava-1515 or the like layin around? How bout an external scsi cable 25 pin to 50 pin centronics *i believe*, i need one to hook up my external pioneer scsi cd drive

have... 1 stock and 1 aftermarket amd socket a heatsinks. both listed in my fs thread http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1579618 ... and a crossfire connector. doubt ill sell em, so just pay shipping :)

want... working 80mm and 92mm fans. have to replace the deltas in a server case or the wife will kill me (hear them from across the house, thats through the closet door, solid computer room door, down 2 20+ft hallways and through another solid door... yea, theyre loud).

located in 92557

Back