The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

I need a 3.5" IDE hard drive. Bigger than 2 gigabytes but 10GB-20GB would be nice.
Shipping to Canada.

Thanks.

I'm building my brother a system, and I'm looking for some PC2700 RAM. 1gb or greater would be appreciated, if possible. I've contributed RAM in this thread before, and I have other little goodies if anyone wants to trade. I've got all kinds of cables, a wrt54g with custom firmware, etc

NERVEGRINDER'S FREEBIE THREAD

- CONTACT ME BY PM ONLY and let me know what your zip code is.
- I ship to the 50 US states ONLY.
- I accept usps money order, cash through snail mail, non-cc paypal, or google checkout.
- I do not exchange heat for freebies, sorry folks.

LOOKING FOR THIS STUFF

- ESD bags for motherboards (large sized ones)
- 64Pin --> 80Pin SCA SCSI Adapter
- USB floppy disk drive

GIVING AWAY THIS STUFF

1 x iolo search and recover cd-rom with key
1 x SIS 305 32mb agp card (works perfectly with windows drivers)
1 x 52x Aopen cd-rom drive (IDE)
1 x 3com 56K Global Modem PC Card (for laptop) w/ dongle
1 X 100MB IOMEGA ZIP DRIVE
1 x Five for Fighting Music Video DVD (Easy Tonight & Superman)
1 x 6ft VGA extension cable
1 x 6ft Belkin IEEE1284 printer cable (gray)
4 x PS2 mouse (2 are microsoft, 1 compaq, 1 kensington, all use rubber ball)
multiple CD spindles, various size that hold between 20-100 discs.

STUFF I'VE GIVEN AWAY

1 x Apple 6x dvd-rom drive (oem from powermac g4) gone to santuitman
1 x 3com USB Ethernet 10/100 Adapter w/cable and floppy driver gone to santuitman
1 x 3com Etherlink 10MB PC Card (for laptop) w/ dongle gone to dyesa
2 x 10/100 PCI NIC gone to dyesa
1 x Vantec Tornado Fan - NOTE: I accidentally pulled one of the power leads out of the molex connector, so you will need to reattach the power lead to a new molex pin. gone to dyesa
1 x HP JetDirect EX Plus 10Base-T print server (J2591A) w/ ac plug gone to TechKnight
2 X 80MM ASPIRE FANS (NEW) gone to hube235
3 x 10/100 PCI nics gone to kilnsea
1 x Family Guy Dvd (season 2, disc 2, episodes 1-7) gone to KurskKnyaz
1 x Mid-Tower ATX case with 350W PSU gone to Ray06492
1 x Tony Hawk's Underground 2 PC GAME gone to moks78
4 x 3com 10/100 PCI nics gone to BigBadBiologist
1 x Diamond Stealth S540 16MB AGP Video card (passive hs) gone to Skrying
1 x Ipod Nano Suede Protector Case (New, Original from box, white) gone to RKS
2 x 50 Disc Spindle (empty black spindles for media storage only) gone to ximhkx
1 x 3com 10mb NIC PC Card gone to khurios2000
1 x 3com 56k Modem PC Card gone to khurios2000
1 x ADDA 80mm fan (OEM pull from Lian-Li case, high speed) gone to Drakula
1 x NIDEC 80mm fan (Has a propriety 2pin header, very loud, pushes a lot of air) gone to Drakula
1 x Sparkle 400W FSP400-60GN PSU (ultra quiet w/ modified Panaflo L1A fan) gone to Flash1969
1 x ADDA 80mm fan (OEM pull from Lian-Li case, low speed) gone to JDMnAR1
1 x ADDA 80mm fan (OEM pull from Lian-Li case, high speed) 1 gone to NoMercyGTP
1 x MUSHKIN 128MB PC133 (Single Sided) gone to liveordie
1 x SAMSUNG 128MB PC66 (Dual Sided) gone to dasman2
2 x 64MB PC100 (single sided) gone to dasman2
1 x LG Car Charger gone to JDMnAR1
1 x LG Home Wall Charger gone to JDMnAR1
1 x CCFL with 2 x 12” lights (purplish/blue color, comes with all parts) gone to NoMercyGTP
1 x 2 port USB Bracket (connects external usb devices to mobo’s usb header) gone to NoMercyGTP
1 x Creative Muvo Ear Buds (New, Original from box) gone to morkus64
1 x Ipod Nano Ear Buds with 2 Sets of foam replacements (New, Original from box) gone to DLBlank
1 x P3 733MHZ CPU gone to
1 x 48X CDROM gone to hube235
1 x 48X CDROM gone to smartmoney
2 x 10/100 PCI NICS both gone to Kaervak
1 x floppy drive gone to Carnage4
1 x floppy drive gone to smartmoney
1 x ati 2mb pci video card gone to txlonghorn
1 x matrox 2mb pci video card gone to txlonghorn
1 x novell suse linux technical resource kit gone to
2 x pentium pro heatsink/fan combo gone to Gillbot
1 x lot of simm memory gone to Gillbot
1 x lot of empty cd spindles gone to dubb
1 x 56k internal pci modem gone to trevinom

HEATWARE

Last edited:
I need following items:

1 x black and beige dvdrw drives
1 x black floppy drive

I have following up for grabs:

1 x Celeron D330 (2.66GHz) Socket478 bare CPU - shipped to cj_y

Asus TUSI-M mATX motherboard - P3 barebones bundle shipped to engels on Ars
Pentium3 FC-PGA 1.2GHz + Retail HSF
2 x 128MB PC133 SDRAM

PCChips M810LMR rev5.0 mATX SocketA motherboard - SocketA barebones bundle shipped to cj_y
Athlon 1.0GHz + Volcano5 HSF
256MB PC133 SDRAM

Last edited:
SofaKing, I have several spare NICs. Shoot me your shipping info via PM and we will work things out.

Updated my freebie list... Please view my thread for more details.

Scroll further down for an updated list. ;)

Last edited:
Any chance anyone's got some small (256MB-1GB) USB flash drives? I'm trying to amass around ten, have three.

I have a few 120mm fans I'd be willing to contribute to a good cause.

Want:

PCMCIA or USB Wireless B or G adapter for laptop

Freebies I have to give:

64 meg pc100 Sodimm
64 meg pc100 dimm
Linksys BEFW11S4 Wireless-B router (needs AC adapter)
Geforce 4 MX420 64 meg AGP card
ATI Riva 128 Pro 16 meg PCI card
2 or 3 NIC pci cards
Efficient Networks ADSL pci card

Last edited:
Want:

Internal Wifi for HP Nc6000 Laptop
Battery for a Thinkpad T60 (I know a longshot)
Q6600 Compatible mobo better than my crappy Dell one (I know much much longer shot)

Now you need to ask yourself this question:

Would you give any of those things away for free?

If the answer is no, then you should not ask for them. However, if the answer is yes, then feel free to request and I apologize for bringing it up.

Looking for the 939/AM2 clip/bracket for a Zalman CNPS7000.
Clip slides through the cooler and clips onto the nubs of the stock CPU bracket.

Hopefully someone has this cooler on a 775 and doesn't need the AMD mounting?

I am in need of an I/O shield for a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro motherboard. NE1 happen to have one in their stash?

I need following items:

1 x black and beige dvdrw drives
1 x black floppy drive

I have following up for grabs:

1 x Celeron D330 (2.66GHz) Socket478 bare CPU - shipped to cj_y

Asus TUSI-M mATX motherboard - bundle shipped to engels on Ars

Pentium3 FC-PGA 1.2GHz + Retail HSF
2 x 128MB PC133 SDRAM

PCChips M810LMR rev5.0 mATX SocketA motherboard - bundle shipped to cj_y
Athlon 1.0GHz + Volcano5 HSF
256MB PC133 SDRAM

yhpm on bolded

Anyone have a 1-2gb SD card? 2 of them would be wonderful

Also looking for an interal antennia for a laptop wireless card

I have to offer:
Serial Extention cable
PS2 extention cable
A/V cables
A/V Y-connectors (both directions)
LPT cables (one being 6-8' in length!)
LPT Extentions
(lots of other old cables, ask and ye may yet recieve)
52X CD-ROM
4-button gamepad with 2x "turbo" buttons (joystick port) --- think I may have 2 of these

Shipping will be USPS Flat rate @ $6 or $13 dep on size

Pls PM me as I dont always remember to check this thread.

I'm looking for a molex to floppy adapter. Have some tubes of AS, all kinds of cables, etc. to offer...

I'm looking for a molex to floppy adapter. Have some tubes of AS, all kinds of cables, etc. to offer...

I don't have one but i do cut all of the cables from dead power supplies. I'm sure i can solder together a solution for you. Female molex to male floppy right?

Great thread!! I looked through my box o' parts. Here is what I have,

Laptop RAM
1x 64MB SODIMM RAM 72 pin
1x 128MB SODIMM RAM 72 pin
1x 256MB PC100 SODIMM RAM 72 pin - Gone
2x unknown SODIMM RAM 72 pin
2x 256MB PC2100 CL2.5 - Gone

PC RAM
3x 128MB PC100 - Gone
3x 128MB PC133 - Gone
1x 512MB PC133 - Gone
3x unknown (likely 128MB PC100) - Gone

Beige ATX case

4x 10/100 Ethernet PCI Adapters

DLink DWL-1000AP 802.11b access point

AGP Vid cards
Asus V6800 nVidia Gforce 32MB - Gone
ATI Rage Pro II
Unknown 8MB
nVidia GeForce2 GTS

PCI Vid Cards
ATI 3D RAGE II
3dfx Voodoo2
2x Trident

Turtle beach PCI soundcard

Looking for,
802.11b/g PCI adapter
Gamecube :p
mini-itx case

PM or reply if we can help each other out!

Last edited:
Looking for a S478 or S462 AGP mobo for a family in need. Can be any crappy model, as long as it works. Glad to pay shipping and do heat.

To give:
1) A used beige Antec Performance case, no PSU, no optical drive rail, no fan, but with a floppy drive if you need one, with HDD and case fan cages. Pretty solid case, good for a server. PM me your email if you need pictures. - gone
2) A baby AT computer, P166, 16MB EDO RAM, PCI video, ISA LAN/MODEM, very retro. - trashed
3) A Dell Dimension 4550 case, no PS, no mobo, no drives, but the buttons/cables are there. I can also throw in a CDROM if needed, can also include some drive rails. PM me your email if you need pictures.
4) A Dell GX 260 case, no PS, no mobo, no drives, but the buttons/cables are there. I can also throw in a CDROM/floppy if needed, can also include some drive rails. PM me your email if you need pictures.

Last edited:
Looking for a S478 or S462 AGP mobo for a family in need. Can be any crappy model, as long as it works. Glad to pay shipping and do heat.

I think I can help you there.
I'm pretty sure I have an OEM (i.e Compaq or HP or Dell) SK462 motherboard.

What CPU are you planning to use? Do you care if it's SDRAM or DDR? ATX or m-ATX?
PM with answers and I'll check my bins for a match.

:)

List updated. Please scroll down for most recent list.

Last edited:
Anyone have one of those old beige full tower ATX cases laying around? I'm itching to do some modding.

My DVD burner is showing it's age. It's the only component that I haven't updated for a long time, and seems to only burn at around 2x without errors. Anyone got a spare DVD r/rw drive (possibly black in color)? I've contributed RAM and a wireless router in this thread. :)

Anyone have one of those old beige full tower ATX cases laying around? I'm itching to do some modding.

I've got a tower (with no power supply), but where are you located? Shipping on something that size is bound to be pricey. Drop me a PM with your info and we'll see if we can work something out.

I want a stock Intel 775 heatsink. I just got an E6300 dual core Wolfdale CPU and they include a "low profile" stock heatsink. The fins are less than 1" tall. I want to replace it with an Intel heatsink that come from a 90+ Watt CPU, they were quite a bit taller, more like 2" tall fins. Basically the OEM heatsinks that came with the DC P4s and early B3 Q6600s. PM me if you have one.

I would be open to aftermarket heatsinks, but they must be very quiet and less than 70mm tall. This is a low profile HTPC case and can't accept anything tall.

I always have a large pile of extra parts, if you need any parts to trade for the HSF, LMK and I might have it.

I want a stock Intel 775 heatsink. I just got an E6300 dual core Wolfdale CPU and they include a "low profile" stock heatsink. The fins are less than 1" tall. I want to replace it with an Intel heatsink that come from a 90+ Watt CPU, they were quite a bit taller, more like 2" tall fins. Basically the OEM heatsinks that came with the DC P4s and early B3 Q6600s. PM me if you have one.
Just so you know, the Q9x50 series quads were the same size hsf (less than 1" fins), but with a copper core.

I too just got a e6300 wolfdale, was disappointed with the puny hsf, and I got a q9650 hsf really cheap, to find out it was exactly the same, except for the small copper slug in the center. If you want one with the copper core, and taller fins, you want at least q6600/q6700 or older hsf's.

... updated and moved to most recent page.

Last edited:
I am looking for some usable parts for some old dell laptops Models c800, cpx, and more! I am needing cdroms, memory, cooling fans, and power bricks I don't necessarily need these items free but cheap would be good!
If you have any parts for these systems pm me and I'll let you know what i'm looking for specifically.

Have:
Lots of RP-SMA antennae
Crossfire bridge
One more s775 heatsink

Need:
mATX AM2 Mobo, even cheap ECS something-or-other. Going into a PC I'm donating to a mentor from my old college. All my cases are SFF, but the only board I have isn't.
250W ATX PSU, but reliable. Dell/HP/Gateway leftovers are fine, as long as the connectors are standard.
512MB+ USB Flash drives- the more the merrier
Low end s775 CPU- Celeron 420/430/440 is perfect. No Pentium4/D, motherboard won't take it.

Gone:
s775 heatsink
FlexATX PSU
USB Wifi adapter
VIA Sound card
PCMCIA Wifi adapter

Probably won't ship before Friday, due to final project and exam. Summer semester had better be worth it!

Last edited:
Back