The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

free to good home:
hercules game theater sound card w/breakout box. the headphone jack doesnt work- everything else does (u can just plug headphones into the speaker jack anyway)
optical, midi, digital, 7.1, blah blah etc etc

11.00 to pack and ship

Needed....

About 4-6 of those little metal pieces that block empty slots in the case. (where vidcard, soundcard, whatnot poke out.) I'll pay shipping and trade heat.

I need ATX or mATX socket 478 motherboard that can support a intel 1.8Ghz P4 and maybe a stick of DDR1 memory with it.

I really need this, thanks! :)

I'm willing to pay shipping to Canada.

Needed....

About 4-6 of those little metal pieces that block empty slots in the case. (where vidcard, soundcard, whatnot poke out.) I'll pay shipping and trade heat.

I've got dozens of 'em. If you still need, shoot me PM.

NERVEGRINDER'S FREEBIE THREAD

- CONTACT ME BY PM ONLY and let me know what your zip code is
- I ship to the 50 US states ONLY
- I accept usps money order, cash through snail mail, or google checkout
- I do not exchange heat for freebies, sorry folks.

LOOKING FOR THIS STUFF

- Stock fan from EVGA 7800GT (PCI-E) video card -- just need the fan and power connector intact!! If you have the entire HSF, that would kick ass too.
- USB floppy disk drive
- BOOK: Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk (or any other book/short story of his)

GIVING AWAY THIS STUFF

1 x 52x Aopen cd-rom drive (IDE)
1 x 3com 56K Global Modem PC Card (for laptop) w/ dongle
1 X 100MB IOMEGA ZIP DRIVE
1 x Five for Fighting Music Video DVD (Easy Tonight & Superman)
1 x 6ft VGA extension cable

STUFF I'VE GIVEN AWAY

1 x Apple 6x dvd-rom drive (oem from powermac g4) gone to santuitman
1 x 3com USB Ethernet 10/100 Adapter w/cable and floppy driver gone to santuitman
1 x 3com Etherlink 10MB PC Card (for laptop) w/ dongle gone to dyesa
2 x 10/100 PCI NIC gone to dyesa
1 x Vantec Tornado Fan - NOTE: I accidentally pulled one of the power leads out of the molex connector, so you will need to reattach the power lead to a new molex pin. gone to dyesa
1 x HP JetDirect EX Plus 10Base-T print server (J2591A) w/ ac plug gone to TechKnight
2 X 80MM ASPIRE FANS (NEW) gone to hube235
3 x 10/100 PCI nics gone to kilnsea
1 x Family Guy Dvd (season 2, disc 2, episodes 1-7) gone to KurskKnyaz
1 x Mid-Tower ATX case with 350W PSU gone to Ray06492
1 x Tony Hawk's Underground 2 PC GAME gone to moks78
4 x 3com 10/100 PCI nics gone to BigBadBiologist
1 x Diamond Stealth S540 16MB AGP Video card (passive hs) gone to Skrying
1 x Ipod Nano Suede Protector Case (New, Original from box, white) gone to RKS
2 x 50 Disc Spindle (empty black spindles for media storage only) gone to ximhkx
1 x 3com 10mb NIC PC Card gone to khurios2000
1 x 3com 56k Modem PC Card gone to khurios2000
1 x ADDA 80mm fan (OEM pull from Lian-Li case, high speed) gone to Drakula
1 x NIDEC 80mm fan (Has a propriety 2pin header, very loud, pushes a lot of air) gone to Drakula
1 x Sparkle 400W FSP400-60GN PSU (ultra quiet w/ modified Panaflo L1A fan) gone to Flash1969
1 x ADDA 80mm fan (OEM pull from Lian-Li case, low speed) gone to JDMnAR1
1 x ADDA 80mm fan (OEM pull from Lian-Li case, high speed) 1 gone to NoMercyGTP
1 x MUSHKIN 128MB PC133 (Single Sided) gone to liveordie
1 x SAMSUNG 128MB PC66 (Dual Sided) gone to dasman2
2 x 64MB PC100 (single sided) gone to dasman2
1 x LG Car Charger gone to JDMnAR1
1 x LG Home Wall Charger gone to JDMnAR1
1 x CCFL with 2 x 12” lights (purplish/blue color, comes with all parts) gone to NoMercyGTP
1 x 2 port USB Bracket (connects external usb devices to mobo’s usb header) gone to NoMercyGTP
1 x Creative Muvo Ear Buds (New, Original from box) gone to morkus64
1 x Ipod Nano Ear Buds with 2 Sets of foam replacements (New, Original from box) gone to DLBlank
1 x P3 733MHZ CPU gone to
1 x 48X CDROM gone to hube235
1 x 48X CDROM gone to smartmoney
2 x 10/100 PCI NICS both gone to Kaervak
1 x floppy drive gone to Carnage4
1 x floppy drive gone to smartmoney
1 x ati 2mb pci video card gone to txlonghorn
1 x matrox 2mb pci video card gone to txlonghorn
1 x novell suse linux technical resource kit gone to
2 x pentium pro heatsink/fan combo gone to Gillbot
1 x lot of simm memory gone to Gillbot
1 x lot of empty cd spindles gone to dubb
1 x 56k internal pci modem gone to trevinom

I need a Socket7 MMX AT motherboard. It needs to be able to accept MMX CPUs (even better if a CPU is included) I would prefer one that takes 168pin SDRAM, but its fine it it only takes 72-pin SIMMs. I figure someone has one sitting in their basement.

Before someone asks, I use BeOS to stream MP3s to work. It was at 2 years uptime before the mobo blew. :( A lot of people still develop for BeOS, so I was able to use modern file formats like FLAC, and Firefox is also ported to it. What else do you need. :D

I need a Socket7 MMX AT motherboard. It needs to be able to accept MMX CPUs (even better if a CPU is included) I would prefer one that takes 168pin SDRAM, but its fine it it only takes 72-pin SIMMs. I figure someone has one sitting in their basement.

Before someone asks, I use BeOS to stream MP3s to work. It was at 2 years uptime before the mobo blew. :( A lot of people still develop for BeOS, so I was able to use modern file formats like FLAC, and Firefox is also ported to it. What else do you need. :D

ygpm (ive got ya covered :) )

Just in case Dragonslayer doesn't have quite what you need... I have several of these systems (yes, even with CPU's). Each is fully tested and in need of a good home.

I'll copy this message to PM. :)

I'll pay shipping for all types of working desktop DDR2700 or better at capacities of 256MB and higher (I'll throw in more if needed).

ATX Motherboards and etc.
Socket 7 Mitac 5114VU (presario Camaro board) bare board, driver cd.
Micron minitower innards: Pentium 1 board with Evergreen Spectra AMD K6-2/400 cpu upgrade, some EDO ram, Iomega Ditto 3200 tape drive, I/O backplate, Fortron (!) 200w ATX psu, Diamond Stealth 2000 PCI video card and two ISA cards (YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT!). :cool:
Have a few other boards w/ slot 1 cpus, will add those later. Pics available if you need them.
micron innards gone 04/04/08

Seeking 5.25" driver bay covers.

Preferrably, from a Coolermaster Centurion 5. Any aluminum or steel mesh designs would work, as well.

PM me and I'll gladly pay shipping.

I have the remnants of an aqua-computer watercooling setup lying around that I'm never going to use again....

Aqua-computer Silver Cuplex Rev. 1.3 CPU waterblock with 10 mm barbs. Used. For intel processors.

Aqua-computer Cuplex Revision 1.3 CPU waterblock - copper - Athlon XP compatible. brand new, never used, protective cover still on block. 10mm barbs.

Aquatube rev. 1.1 reservoir. Comes with the LED light to illuminate water.

Airplex evo 240 radiator.

Twinplex Rev. 1.2 GPU waterblock - for ATI cards.

Two 120MM Evercool aluminum fans (Model EC12025M12CA). Good fans and near silent.

Vantec Nexus fan controller (3 fan rheostats, and light switch). Comes with 12 inch LED tube lights.

I have the remnants of an aqua-computer watercooling setup lying around that I'm never going to use again....

Aqua-computer Silver Cuplex Rev. 1.3 CPU waterblock with 10 mm barbs. Used. For intel processors.

Aqua-computer Cuplex Revision 1.3 CPU waterblock - copper - Athlon XP compatible. brand new, never used, protective cover still on block. 10mm barbs.

Aquatube rev. 1.1 reservoir. Comes with the LED light to illuminate water.

Airplex evo 240 radiator.

Twinplex Rev. 1.2 GPU waterblock - for ATI cards.

Two 120MM Evercool aluminum fans (Model EC12025M12CA). Good fans and near silent.

DIBS

I've got a 1.8GHZ 478 Celeron + stock cooler. Pay shipping and it's yours.

The 1.8GHZ Celeron is gone. Thanks to all of those who played. Don't forget to tip your waitresses. Going to bed now...

Yes, it may be first come, and first serve. But, you can be considerate, and courteous. =]

but for shipping i have a compaq pro, or for local pickup i live in chicago.

For shipping, I have an old cd rom if anyone needs it. I believe it's a generic one. IDE, of course.

Also,
  • Have a beige ATX case available for pickup in the NE Ohio area. Will not ship.
  • Have a disassembled 40x CD-ROM drive; lens is still intact, as is the frame and PCB. Just pay shipping.
  • Have a dead 160GB Western Digital hard drive. Very dead - does not power up, makes a clinking noise when rotated. Just pay shipping.

Back