The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

a 4gb USB drive would be awesome for windows installs... shipping to 07024

If your going to use it one-write (i.e. install from USB) I've got one that was hacked to claim it was 32gb but it really 4 you can have (and an SD like this if you want it) but once you write 4gb you have to format it to write it again

Looking for:
a 200mm fan, ideally for an HAF X
a bog-standard USB webcam (possibly found)

Got:
an nVidia-branded single SLI bridge
Spaceballs and Robocop on Blu-ray (claimed)
a unused copy of Red Alert 3

Last edited:
Looking for:
a 200mm fan (ideally for an HAF X)
a bog-standard USB webcam

Got:
an nVidia-branded SLI bridge (single)
Spaceballs and Robocop on Blu-ray
a unused copy of Red Alert 3

Woot! Spaceballs BD Please ^_^

I have a 640x480 webcam (eZonics?) that I dont use anymore if you want it. Not sure if I can find the Driver Disc though...

I have just about any electronic part known to man Transistors, Capacitors, Resistors, Switches, ect. Let me know if you need something. I also, have many IDE cables, and 56k modem pci cards.

I am looking for a Long USB cable ~15 feet or longer.

And some older flash drives to load linux for testing.

Thanks!

Last edited:
anybody has a stock AM3 heatsink? its for a sempron 140 so whatever AM3 HSF will work.

I think 15' (or might be less) is the limit on USB unless you use a USB-over-cat5 adapter set (then it limits @ 200 feet iirc)

Yep, In practice, the USB specification limits the length of a cable between full speed devices to 5 meters (a little under 16 feet 5 inches). For a low speed device the limit is 3 meters (9 feet 10 inches).

I just need something around there to go from my desk to my midi keyboard. An extender would probably work too.

Still got All the Power and phone cables anyone could need!

Also adding:
-Original Driver Disc for Moto Q
-10/100 PCMCIA Netgear Networking card.
-CF 56k Modem (this thing cost me an arm and a leg brand new, lightly used, works perfectly)

Looking For:
HD-DVD movies (Comedy or Fantasy, no horror)
SATA data cables
Molex -> Sata power adapters

Looking for 32MB PCI video card, standard PCI, not PCI-E

Have;

Will add some stuff when I get home.

In need of a 4pin to 8pin CPU power connector..

A dual molex to 8pin CPU would also work.
I looked around ebay and see some have 12V on clip side and some have ground clip side.

Yellow +V should be on the same side as clip

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yep, In practice, the USB specification limits the length of a cable between full speed devices to 5 meters (a little under 16 feet 5 inches). For a low speed device the limit is 3 meters (9 feet 10 inches).

I just need something around there to go from my desk to my midi keyboard. An extender would probably work too.

15 feet for a passive cable.

You can actually go up to 98 feet with active repeaters on the cables. (But by then it's very laggy, very prone to disconnections and generally a nightmare to manage) Repeaters (big bulky plug at the end of one cable) are what responds to the host to prevent packets from being dropped due to delay and allows you to have a longer than maximum length... so yes, you could daisy chain several repeater type cables but it'd be questionable how well or badly it would work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Serial_Bus#Maximum_Cable_Length

15 feet for a passive cable.
You can actually go up to 98 feet with active repeaters on the cables. (But by then it's very laggy, very prone to disconnections and generally a nightmare to manage) Repeaters (big bulky plug at the end of one cable) are what responds to the host to prevent packets from being dropped due to delay and allows you to have a longer than maximum length... so yes, you could daisy chain several repeater type cables but it'd be questionable how well or badly it would work.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Serial_Bus#Maximum_Cable_Length

I've used these to great success:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-USB-OVER-CA...338?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c2ab6af2

over 100' of cable and still no noticeable lag (though to be fair this IS usb 1.1 spec so lag might just not be as noticable on older devices - KB/Mouse though didnt have a problem.)

need something like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220698171571

mobo 4pin power connector extender, or molex to mobo 4 pin.

i have some sli bridges just pay ship!

I'm pretty sure I have one of these that is part of a 20-pin extension cable. I believe it is like a 6-8" extension for the 20-pin connector, and then two wires come off that to a 4-pin, and then two wires also come off the 4-pin to a Molex. I'll double-check when I get home.

I've used these to great success:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-USB-OVER-CA...338?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c2ab6af2

over 100' of cable and still no noticeable lag (though to be fair this IS usb 1.1 spec so lag might just not be as noticable on older devices - KB/Mouse though didnt have a problem.)

Guy's I just need a 10 or 15 ft cable just wondering if someone has one. I am only going to my midi keyboard from my desk I just need a little more length. Thanks!

Guy's I just need a 10 or 15 ft cable just wondering if someone has one. I am only going to my midi keyboard from my desk I just need a little more length. Thanks!

I jsut gave away a 10 foot usb extension... :-/ i used it with a 6 foot usb cable extension cable for a typing keyboard... and a wlan usb adapter... i later picked up a powered usb hub from meritline...

but it did work for a typing keyboard...

I've got a well used Antec Nine Hundred...kinda scratched up. Very dusty.

In its current condition it's not worth shipping charges, but it's available for pickup/delivery in the Kansas City/Lawrence/Manhattan,KS areas.

I'm looking for an lcd monitor, if you have an old one you don't want anymore and wanna give it away, I'd really appreciate having it. I'll pay for shipping. Please pm me with any info.

Originally Posted by nurse - Hlite, 17 DAYS
I'm looking for an lcd monitor, if you have an old one you don't want anymore and wanna give it away, I'd really appreciate having it. I'll pay for shipping. Please pm me with any info.

wut.

Balls of steel.:rolleyes:

but if someone want's to, more power to you.

wut.
Balls of steel.:rolleyes:
but if someone want's to, more power to you.

Any LCD somone's willing to give away, I dont think the op would want :D (i.e. I'm hanging on to one that only powers on like 60% of the time, so likely a freebie is WORSE than that lol)

Update:

Free to a good home:
-PC Power Cables
-Phone Cables
-Original Driver Disc for Moto Q
-10/100 PCMCIA Netgear Networking card.
-CF 56k Modem (this thing cost me an arm and a leg brand new, lightly used, works perfectly)
-512mb DDR2 Asus (laptop)
-512mb DDR2 Crucial (Laptop)
CF->PCMCIA Adapter (use PCMCIA cards in a CF slot)

Looking For:
-HD-DVD movies (Comedy or Fantasy, no horror)
-SATA data cables
-Molex -> Sata power adapters
-"Roll up" earphone cases --- the round kind that you open, place the earbuds in, then spin to gather the cable inside. Dont need the earphones, just the cases.

I've got the restore discs for an Acer Aspire 5100-3959; sold the lappy, buyer didn't want the discs. Note that these were made manually on first power-on from 7 blank CDs(!). They are NOT illegal copies.

Also archived copies of various Linux distros, for those of you who don't want to be bothered with burning a disc. Current selection is as follows:
- Ubuntu 7.04 [Alternate Install Version]
- Ubuntu 7.04 [Server Version - no GUI!]
- Ubuntu 8.04
- DSL 4.x
- DSL-N 4.x
- Trinity Rescue Kit (Linux for getting files off of a borked Windows install.)
- Any *available* version of Puppy Linux -- if I don't have it, I'll (try to) find it. Older versions are difficult to find, though!

Per thread rules, I'll only charge for shipping -- USPS First Class in a 6x9 bubble mailer. Note that I'm all out of MiniCDs unless you want to buy enough copies of DSL(-N) or a smaller Puppy to justify me buying them.

If anyone has any nice 120mm fans that they're willing to give away, I'd really appreciate it. Something with good cooling speeds.

Anyone got the 200mm fan that comes out of the HAF cases? LED color doesn't matter!

I have a few misc cables laying around and I'll add them when I get to the house and check what I have.

If anyone has a USB Wireless adapter, I'd be uber happy. Just moved to a new apartment and my trial for PDANET is up on my phone. Haven't decided what ISP to go with. Was all set for AT&T until I seen the [H] article on them capping the limit.

So an old wireless g adapter or something would be awesome until I get internet set up. I'm open for trades for stuff. I've got old 1.3MP webcam and some 120mm fans I'd part with in exchange.

I could use a PCI-E video card for a back-up card

prefer an ATI based one so I dont have to switch out drivers & such ... can be as low end as possible long as I can check e-mail etc when my main vid card is down

thanks

Back