The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Hey guys ive never had to ask this before &I wish I didnt but does anyone have a AM3 CPU Cooler better or Quiter then Stock? I built a new PC wich i barely had cash for and the Stock Cooler is HORRID & I just cant Justify Cooler Prices.

If you have a Cooler for a AMD AM3 Please get back to me.

Hey guys ive never had to ask this before &I wish I didnt but does anyone have a AM3 CPU Cooler better or Quiter then Stock? I built a new PC wich i barely had cash for and the Stock Cooler is HORRID & I just cant Justify Cooler Prices.

If you have a Cooler for a AMD AM3 Please get back to me.

Not to dismiss your complaints, but is your problem just the noise? Try disabling or enabling (depending on what your specific issue is) auto fan speed control in BIOS. If you can;t tolerate the changing pitch when it speeds up and down (which was my problem), I set it to a constant speed and it was a lot easier to bear.

Do keep in mind btw, if you have one of the Athlon IIs or Phenom IIs... the stocks that come with them are actually quite good. My Athlon II idles at barely above room temperature.

Yes Noise is my Issue I already have the Bios set to where the CPU Cooler Runs as Low as possible but even at a really low RPM without screwing to much with the Cooling it is still very Noisy (Sounds kind of Grindy). maybe I should just try a New 80mm Fan. Maybe I got a Dud.

Last edited:
I have

(3) linksys lne100tx pci 10/100 cards.
(2) 3com pci 10/100 cards
some other assorted pci 10/100 cards.

looking for:
a cheapo socket 370 mobo.

Anybody have a stick of 512MB DDR1 desktop memory? Speed is a non-issue, anything will work. Thanks!

Free Less Ship

64MB SDRAM Modules
Audio Pass Through Cables
COM/AT/PS2/USB Adapters

Last edited:
I am looking for a PCI-E video card, a small sata hard drive, and a PSU

Have:
Tons of 56k PCI modem card
256Mb DDR Ram for desktop

If you have/want something PM me.

Last edited:
Anyone have a 10/100/1000 PCI or PCI-E Nic laying around?

I have given numerous parts away but I need something myself
Thanks

i am looking to restore a old hp i have i need 256mb x2=512mb pc133 i also need p3 866+ i would perfer 1ghz p3 or 933mhz coppermine,i also need nvidia geforce gts 2/nVidia Riva TNT2 Pro something along them lines on the geforce family

of if you had a hp xl775 motherboard with the nVidia Riva TNT2 Vanta gpu onboard i would be so happy to find one

Please and thank you so much

Brian

I have a SL4C9 Pentium III 933 MHz Coppermine, how about a 3D Rage Pro 2x to go with that

Giving Away...

64MB SDRAM Modules
Audio Pass Through Cables
IDE Cables
COM/AT/PS2/USB Adapters

Last edited:
Anyone have a spare PCI IDE card? Motherboard only has SATA and turns out I'm in need of one of my old IDE hard drives!

anyone have an old useless, but working ATX power supply? any wattage at all will suffice. Thanks.

anyone have an expired AT&T SIM card?

Perhaps one you used to have service with and terminated, so the SIM card is just sitting around

I can give you $1 for shipping, can just use a single first class forever stamp on a letter envelope to send it

PM me

anyone have an expired AT&T SIM card?

Perhaps one you used to have service with and terminated, so the SIM card is just sitting around

I can give you $1 for shipping, can just use a single first class forever stamp on a letter envelope to send it

PM me

I've gotcha on that one.

anyone have a USB charger for a jawbone 1?
JUST the USB cable that plugs into the jawbone... not the AC adapter or anything like that
41mcDgZhtKL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Got a couple things I'm looking for... if ya have 'em, PM me and we'll work it out.

(1) Fan grill, 80mm, wire "circle style" (like every fan grill from the early '90's) or mesh style. But it has to be gold colored.
(2) Two tailed LED's, one red, one orange. Gotta be the kind that plugs into a mainboard, as I'm not too handy with the soldering iron ;) I don't care how big they are, as long as they're both the same size.
(3) 2-drive 5.25" bay. Preferably *not* the toolless kind (I hate those). I don't care about where it came from or how it left; if it's not rusty, it'll do.

All of these are in my FS/WTTF thread in the WTTF section... that said, if you want to just give 'em to me, I ain't gonna argue :p

Thanks, ya'll.

Does anyone have a cheap AGP 8X video card laying around. I've got a ton of freebies on my FS Thread

It will be for my friend's Athlon XP 2000+ tower - he's trying to do some video editing in Sony Vegas. He's willing to drop some money for it - but I figured I'd test it out here before starting a new WTB thread.

Shoot if you have a 2600+ or something, that would be sick too. He's just trying to squeeze the last drop out of that thing before buying an Phenom II setup.

Anyone have:
1) iPhone 3G box that they aren't using? (reminder, this is only asking for the box and the stuff inside the box that holds the phone!)
2) USB Extension cable? Only need like 3 feet (stupid mouse cable is at its limit)
3) 1gb Micro SD for my phone, no fancy brand needed.

I have stuff:
1) SB Audigy LS fully boxed up with everything. Be warned that it does NOT work with windows 7. I tried my heart out with hacked drivers etc but it would never work properly. I ended up getting an x-fi which works fine. If you can figure out something to make it work with windows 7, then you get a great sound card that uses very very little CPU resources.

If you do want this, please link where you've given something away so I know it's not just going to someone who is leeching. PM me

2) Acer Aspire 5534-1096 cracked LCD screen. I don't know if anyone needs it or not or if someone can use it but I'm trashing it in 1 week if no one claims it. It's a 15.6" Model #: B156XW03 V.1

No idea if it still works or not, I bought a cracked LCD laptop to salvage the CPU.

3) AMD L110 Socket S1 CPU. I don't know if anyone could possibly use this but it's mainly used in netbooks. It's the lowest end of the series so I'd imagine it being only useful for people who have a faulty CPU in their netbook where it fits.

I ship with USPS First Class or Priority Mail, depending on weight

Does anyone have a cheap AGP 8X video card laying around. I've got a ton of freebies on my FS Thread

It will be for my friend's Athlon XP 2000+ tower - he's trying to do some video editing in Sony Vegas. He's willing to drop some money for it - but I figured I'd test it out here before starting a new WTB thread.

Shoot if you have a 2600+ or something, that would be sick too. He's just trying to squeeze the last drop out of that thing before buying an Phenom II setup.

I have a Radeon 9700 but the fan's dead on that thing.

I am looking for a lcd that fits the Dell D610 or D600 laptop working backlight is all I need cracked screen not a problem or lines on the screen I just have one with a bad backlight.

I have given away lots of stuff here.

I don't know if this is too much to ask on a freebie thread: Does anyone have an old digital camera they are not using? I'm not too familiar with the specs and all that but anything decent to take pics of my car, which I will sell soon, and the scenery because I'm moving as well.

I'm wondering if any of you have a spare ethernet cable you're not using. Something around 25 feet would be great.

What socket? I have two old AGP cards that I don't need... Geforce Ti300 and FX 5200.

What socket is that processor? If it's sktA, you may be in luck.

Back