The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Looking for an XBox360 controller charger cable, I have some DDR RAM and other misc. cabling (ethernet, power cables, PSU adapters)

Anyone have a spare PCMCIA USB2.0 card? Working with a laptop with 2 USB ports is torture.

You might want to look into some prices a bit more. Buddy of mine just bought an active adapter for $25 directly from Sapphire. And there are some on eBay that are claiming to be active and only $7 shipped. Don't know whether or not to believe they're active though.

Thats for an Active DP to VGA Adapter... not DVI
I'd love to see that link on eBay, too

My updated Freebies List:

Freebies (Just Pay Shipping)
Compaq 5300 1337 Edition (Overclocks to 1337 MHz)
Intel Celeron (P3) 1.1Ghz
512MB PC-133.7
AGP 4X Slot
Yamaha CD Burner, CD Drive, Floppy Drive
PC-100 / PC-133 SD-RAM (Various Sizes 64MB - 256MB)
Laptop IDE CD Drive
Desktop IDE CD Drive - Beige
Desktop IDE CD Drive - White
Assorted IDE, FDD, and PC Cables

Looking for 3 or more front 5.25" disk drive plates for a custom desktop project. Plastic would work, any color - I'll be painting them. I can take a sample picture to try to get a good match.
Also looking for some power switches, LEDs, 120mm fans, and acrylic. I can pay for them as well.

Last edited:
Looking for 3 or more front 5.25" disk drive plates for a custom desktop project. Plastic would work, any color - I'll be painting them. I can take a sample picture to try to get a good match..

You mean 5.25" bay covers? if so, ive got a bunch (mostly beige), just PM me (and send a pic).

anyone have an SSD to 3.5" adapter bracket to mount in a desktop?

Last edited:
HAVE (please pay for shipping, I am throwing it away this weekend)

PM me only

- SPEEZE socketA cpu HSF
-
- BUFFALO 4 dBi Detachable High Gain Omni Antenna
- ATI crossfire bridge (short)
- Thermaltake X-blower 2 Channel VR Fan Kit (only rear fan)

Last edited:
Here are a few things I could use to screw around with if anybody has something they don't want:

1. A late model Socket 370 motherboard, capable of running Pentium III-S 1.4ghz. Needs to be the SDRAM model, but would take a DDR one if you can also supply some DDR to use in it. Also needs to have an AGP slot. Please, no bad caps. Too long ago to remember, but did any S370 boards have a PCI lock for overclocking?

2. 1 x 512MB stick of DDR-400 (PC3200). Up to 3x 1GB sticks of PC3200 as well.

3. If I get a decent S370 motherboar mentioned above, a decent AGP video card would be good too. Something like Geforce 3 ti, Geforce 4 ti, Radeon 7200 (or newer). Please no Geforce 2 MX or Geforce 4 MX.
4. Socket 754 CPU. Running the Athlon 64 2800+ currently in a PC I put at church and would like an equal or faster backup. I expect the original to fail due to some overclocking [H] style.

Last edited:
HAVE (please pay for shipping, I am throwing it away this weekend)

PM me only

- SPEEZE socketA cpu HSF
- NETGEAR wg311v3 PCI wireless card
- BUFFALO 4 dBi Detachable High Gain Omni Antenna
- ATI crossfire bridge (short)
- Thermaltake X-blower 2 Channel VR Fan Kit (only rear fan)

Sent you a pm about the wireless card and antenna.

Wanted...

Lian Li Universal CD/DVD Stealthed Cover Plate

Given Or Have...

40" 60" 80" 92" Fans
64MB SDRAM Modules
CAT5 Cables
Audio Pass Through Cables
IDE Cables
COM/AT/PS2/USB Adapters

Last edited:
I need an 4-pin ATX 12V extender (the 4 pin power to motherboard)... the local comp shop wants way more than I can afford atm.

Have:
2x512MB DDR SODIMM, I believe 533MHz
Older CPU waterblocks, I think a Maze 4 chipset block and some other WC stuff

I need an 4-pin ATX 12V extender (the 4 pin power to motherboard)... the local comp shop wants way more than I can afford atm.

Have:
2x512MB DDR SODIMM, I believe 533MHz
Older CPU waterblocks, I think a Maze 4 chipset block and some other WC stuff

can't you extend the current wiring?

Anyone got a spare PATA/IDE DVD-ROM drive? I just need something that opens, closes, and reads DVDs.

I am looking for an IDE DVD-ROM drive for playing DVD's. I am trying to rig together a htpc system for my 9 year old niece. :)

Here are a few things I have:

ArmA Combat Operations - DVD Version
Call of Jaurez - DVD Version
4 Port USB Hub, Powered, Compaq brand
Motorola V276 Verizon phone
Parallel Data Transfer Switch - 2 Channel
Gateway Laptop - Model #W340UA (possibly failing mobo, ac adapter included) [GONE | jackofalltrades]
Misc. SO-DIMM's (PC133, DDR & DDR2)

Last edited:
I am looking for a Socket A processor with the HSF (1000MHz + pref) and an IDE DVD-ROM drive for playing DVD's. I am trying to rig together a htpc system for my 9 year old niece. :)

Gateway Laptop - Model #W340UA (possibly failing mobo, ac adapter included)

PM'd about laptop & DVD-ROM... - EDIT: It doesn't work - Nevermind! :)

Last edited:
Maybe a working Macintosh plus. if i cant get my laptop to play this old game that was made in the late 80's early 90's.

You got pm on the laptop!

I am looking for a Socket A processor with the HSF (1000MHz + pref) and an IDE DVD-ROM drive for playing DVD's. I am trying to rig together a htpc system for my 9 year old niece. :)

Gateway Laptop - Model #W340UA (possibly failing mobo, ac adapter included)

(note I will keep 512MB of the SDRAM, either the pair of 256mb sticks or one 512mb stick

free stuffs

(1) SDRAM PC100 128mb

(1) SDRAM PC133 128mb

(1) SDRAM PC100 256MB

(1) SDRAM PC133 256MB

(1) SDRAM PC100 512MB

(1) SDRAM PC133 512MB

(4) Kingston DDR1 512MB (do not recall the speed)

Pentium 4 3.0GHz socket 775

AMD Duron 1.6GHz with heat sink

ECS K7S5A

I still need 5V Fans (blower, laptop, or otherwise) and copper heatsinks and heatpipes from old video cards, CPUs, or northbridges that I can possibly mod into the now dual-laptop project {now I have another one :) }

Anyone have three blue sata cables? Preferably straight to straight (though left angle to straight would be super ideal) and 12-18" in length. Thanks. I've got a 40mm scythe north bridge fan to give away.

Looking for around 5x 120mm fan grills. The regular silver wire-frame ones or anything that will keep stray wires out of the fans without restricting flow too much.

I've got some misc stuff laying around I can trade if need be. Lots of random cables, I/O brackets, 80mm fan filters, old amd socket HSF, etc

128MB DDR-2100, DDR-2700, and possibly DDR-3200; total quantity of ~37. Only willing to give away what you actually need
IMG_1789.JPG

Willing to give this all away whether or not you actually need it :p
IMG_1791.JPG

Put together a little something for my fiancee. The onboard Intel graphics kind of blow. She can play The Sims 3 at low quality with fairly crappy framerates, so I'm trying to get something a little better for her. The motherboard is Intel DG41RQ and it has a PCI-Express slot. If someone has anything that's better than the integrated Intel graphics, I'm all for it and would gladly reimburse shipping costs. I've given in this thread before. Thanks!

Cliffs:

-built machine for fiancee, it has integrated graphics
-she plays sims 3 at crappy framerates and low settings, looking for something better (PCI-Express preferable)

updated :)

- CONTACT ME BY PM ONLY and let me know what your zip code is.
- I ship to the 50 US states ONLY.
- I accept usps money order, cash through snail mail, or non-cc paypal.
- I do not exchange heat for freebies, sorry folks.
- everything is shipped as is, no guarantees on anything, though everything should work fine :)

LOOKING FOR THIS STUFF

Anyone got an old box of l33t scsi gear they dont use? Im making a retro pc and could use some scsi goodness. :)

- adaptec 39320 pci-x raid adapter
- Dell perc 5 raid adapter
- SCA scsi adapter (68pin+4pin molex --- > 80pin SCA)
- external scsi cable (50 pin centronics and/or 68pin lvd)
- ESD bags for motherboards (large sized ones)
- round ata/ide cable that is 18-22 inches long with 2 connectors only (1 device and 1 port connection)
- bios battery for powermac g4
- wifi/airport 802.1b card for powermac (same card used in ibook)

GIVING AWAY THIS STUFF

1 x IOLO search and recover software w/ serial (new)
1 x Aopen beige cd-rom drive (IDE)
1 x BTC beige cd-rom drive (IDE)
1 x Sony beige cd-rom drive (IDE)
1 x Samsung black cd-rom drive (IDE)
1 x burn-proof beige cd-rw drive (IDE) (front tray cover partial missing)
1 x hitachi black cd-rom drive (IDE)
1 x 3com 56K Global Modem PC Card (for laptop) w/ dongle
1 x Xircom 56K Modem PC Card (for laptop) with cable
1 X 100MB IOMEGA ZIP DRIVE
1 x Five for Fighting Music Video DVD (Easy Tonight & Superman)
1 x 6ft VGA extension cable
1 x 6ft Belkin IEEE1284 printer cable (gray)
3 x PS2 mouse (2 are microsoft, 1 compaq, all have rubber ball)
MANY x CD spindles, various size that hold between 20-100 discs. LMK what you need

STUFF I'VE GIVEN AWAY

2 x opteron 246 processors (worked when last pulled) gone to Jeffman
1 x Syntax SV266AD Socket A/462 motherboard + i/o shield (no physical damage, pulled from system and as is, untested). gone to Jeffman
1 x Diamond Stealth 3D 4000 4MB AGP video card (no physical damage, pulled from system and as is, untested). gone to Jeffman
1 x Quantum 10GB IDE Hard drive (tested clean, no bad sectors) gone to Jeffman
2 x Seagate Medalist 4.5GB ST34520N SCSI hard drive (tested clean, no bad sectors) gone to Jeffman
1 x Seagate Barracuda 4.5GB ST34572W SCSI hard drive (tested with <1% bad sectors) gone to Jeffman
1 x Adaptec 2930 PCI scsi card for Apple/MAC systems (AHA-2930CU) gone to Jeffman
1 x samsung SCH-A650 cell phone w/ battery and charger (for verizon) gone to Jeffman
1 x samsung vx6100 cell phone w/ battery and charger (for verizon) gone to Jeffman
1 x LG vx3400 cell phone w battery only (for verizon) gone to Jeffman
1 x ATI AIW 9800 Pro (as is, sold for parts only as it artifacts heavily). gone to Jeffman
3 x 128MB PC133 sdram gone to JEDI gone to Jeffman
1 x LiteOn 40X CDRW (LTR-40125S) gone to ghouldini
1 x Apple 6x dvd-rom drive (oem from powermac g4) gone to santuitman
1 x 3com USB Ethernet 10/100 Adapter w/cable and floppy driver gone to santuitman
1 x 3com Etherlink 10MB PC Card (for laptop) w/ dongle gone to dyesa
2 x 10/100 PCI NIC gone to dyesa
1 x Vantec Tornado Fan gone to dyesa
1 x HP JetDirect EX Plus 10Base-T print server (J2591A) w/ ac plug gone to TechKnight
2 X 80MM ASPIRE FANS (NEW) gone to hube235
3 x 10/100 PCI nics gone to kilnsea
1 x Family Guy Dvd (season 2, disc 2, episodes 1-7) gone to KurskKnyaz
1 x Mid-Tower ATX case with 350W PSU gone to Ray06492
1 x Tony Hawk's Underground 2 PC GAME gone to moks78
4 x 3com 10/100 PCI nics gone to BigBadBiologist
1 x Diamond Stealth S540 16MB AGP Video card (passive hs) gone to Skrying
1 x Ipod Nano Suede Protector Case (New, Original from box, white) gone to RKS
2 x 50 Disc Spindle (empty black spindles for media storage only) gone to ximhkx
1 x 3com 10mb NIC PC Card gone to khurios2000
1 x 3com 56k Modem PC Card gone to khurios2000
1 x ADDA 80mm fan (OEM pull from Lian-Li case, high speed) gone to Drakula
1 x NIDEC 80mm fan (Has a propriety 2pin header, very loud, pushes a lot of air) gone to Drakula
1 x Sparkle 400W FSP400-60GN PSU (ultra quiet w/ modified Panaflo L1A fan) gone to Flash1969
1 x ADDA 80mm fan (OEM pull from Lian-Li case, low speed) gone to JDMnAR1
1 x ADDA 80mm fan (OEM pull from Lian-Li case, high speed) 1 gone to NoMercyGTP
1 x MUSHKIN 128MB PC133 (Single Sided) gone to liveordie
1 x SAMSUNG 128MB PC66 (Dual Sided) gone to dasman2
2 x 64MB PC100 (single sided) gone to dasman2
1 x LG Car Charger gone to JDMnAR1
1 x LG Home Wall Charger gone to JDMnAR1
1 x CCFL with 2 x 12&#8221; lights (purplish/blue color, comes with all parts) gone to NoMercyGTP
1 x 2 port USB Bracket (connects external usb devices to mobo&#8217;s usb header) gone to NoMercyGTP
1 x Creative Muvo Ear Buds (New, Original from box) gone to morkus64
1 x Ipod Nano Ear Buds with 2 Sets of foam replacements (New, Original from box) gone to DLBlank
1 x P3 733MHZ CPU gone to
1 x 48X CDROM gone to hube235
1 x 48X CDROM gone to smartmoney
2 x 10/100 PCI NICS both gone to Kaervak
1 x floppy drive gone to Carnage4
1 x floppy drive gone to smartmoney
1 x ati 2mb pci video card gone to txlonghorn
1 x matrox 2mb pci video card gone to txlonghorn
1 x novell suse linux technical resource kit gone to
2 x pentium pro heatsink/fan combo gone to Gillbot
1 x lot of simm memory gone to Gillbot
1 x lot of empty cd spindles gone to dubb
1 x 56k internal pci modem gone to trevinom

Last edited:
Does anyone have the plastic covers that go on top of the Nintendo Wii laying around that they arn't using? Thanks

*Edit* Found some locally, thanks

-Xzi

Last edited:
i am looking to restore a old hp i have i need 256mb x2=512mb pc133 i also need p3 866+ i would perfer 1ghz p3 or 933mhz coppermine,i also need nvidia geforce gts 2/nVidia Riva TNT2 Pro something along them lines on the geforce family

of if you had a hp xl775 motherboard with the nVidia Riva TNT2 Vanta gpu onboard i would be so happy to find one

Please and thank you so much

Brian

Anyone have some V series hard drive screws?. The hard drive cage uses runners and the guy that i bought the case from conveniently didnt give me any of the screws necessary, theyre flat tops.... and busted up the case pretty bad... :X

Would be much aprreciated.

Does anyone have an extra tube of thermal grease laying around? I don't want to ask for Arctic Silver or anything 'expensive', but could definitely do with something at least a tad better than what came included with my cooler. Will definitely reimburse for shipping!

Does anyone have an extra tube of thermal grease laying around? I don't want to ask for Arctic Silver or anything 'expensive', but could definitely do with something at least a tad better than what came included with my cooler. Will definitely reimburse for shipping!

I have given away a couple of tubes. I might still have some lying around; I'll check.

PM and i'll send you a tube of shin etsu X23-7783D, had it put up as a prize during a contest on another forum and nobody ever claimed it.

Back