The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

I have recently seen the light of Corsair's ML fans and I have decided to give up all of my worldly possessions in exchange for the soothing whoosh of a soft white LED glow.

Seriously though I've replaced my case fans and gone through my boxes and have these fans up for whoever wants them, just pay shipping.

ALL GONE THANKS

2x Fractal Design Dynamic X2 GP-12 120mm, 1200rpm 12v .18a, black, 3-pin (these came with my Meshify C)
2x Corsair AF120 quiet edition - ran for a few months, includes the white, blue and red color rings (to be clear this is two fans, not 2 packs of two fans)
2x Corsair AF120 quiet edition white LED - ran for a few months (to be clear this is two fans, not 2 packs of two fans)

I also have:

1x Xeon L5410
6x 2GB Registered ECC DDR2-800 (Virtium, DIMM part number vl393t5663e-e7s)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a bunch of older Office software I would like to give away.

4x Office 2007 Small Business Upgrade
1x Office 2007 Standard Upgrade - One taken!

They're all case and disc with key. I picked these up to resell over the years but they never moved, and I need the space, so maybe someone here can use them for cheapy giveaway builds for schools or churches or whatever. I'd only charge shipping, of course. Lemme know if you'd like a few.
Still available. Someone take these. :p

Can anyone use any of this stuff? :p Take it all.

1091AC05-C463-4B4F-9BD6-6EA461CC3D9D.jpeg

Edit:
Cards gone
DVI cables gone
Rounded yellow IDE cables and 1x each of the PS/2-to-USB adapters gone

Last edited:
Are those DFI LANparty IDE and Floppy cables?

You know what, they might be. I did own a DFI LANParty board at one point. I remember purchasing some rounded cables but I don't recall ever buying yellow ones separately like that, so they very well could be from that DFI mobo accessories package.

I have some computer cases that are free to go to a new owners. I know it's heavy to ship, and missing their original box, shipping cost + materials may be a little too much whether it's worth receiving it/them, but here they are:

1) Corsair 500R, still has most of accessories, there may be some little scratches, but nothing major. Just pay shipping (TBD)

2) Thermaltake Level 10 GT White Snow. The E-SATA port is broken, but otherwise, everything else still works. Just pay shipping (TBD)

3) Three Dell PC towers (the Optiplex line) with missing the CPUs. One is a socket 1155, two are 1150.

To be clear, I'm in the Twin Cities, MN area, so if anyone here lives close by, you are welcome to come and pick these up. Just need to hook me up for the address.
Interested in a dell

You know what, they might be. I did own a DFI LANParty board at one point. I remember purchasing some rounded cables but I don't recall ever buying yellow ones separately like that, so they very well could be from that DFI mobo accessories package.

I'll take them! I have a NF4 SLI-DR Expert thats complete minus the IDE and floppy cables

I'll take them! I have a NF4 SLI-DR Expert thats complete minus the IDE and floppy cables

You're more than welcome to them. I'll be shipping the DVI cables out soon, so PM me with your address and we'll get it sorted out.

I have some computer cases that are free to go to a new owners. I know it's heavy to ship, and missing their original box, shipping cost + materials may be a little too much whether it's worth receiving it/them, but here they are:

1) Corsair 500R, still has most of accessories, there may be some little scratches, but nothing major. Just pay shipping (TBD)

2) Thermaltake Level 10 GT White Snow. The E-SATA port is broken, but otherwise, everything else still works. Just pay shipping (TBD)

3) Three Dell PC towers (the Optiplex line) with missing the CPUs. One is a socket 1155, two are 1150.

To be clear, I'm in the Twin Cities, MN area, so if anyone here lives close by, you are welcome to come and pick these up. Just need to hook me up for the address.

interested in dell tower, 1150 socket PM sent.

will have bunch of computer related stuff up laters.

does anyone have any brinks hardware, specifically the next to door control panels? I need to fake a new apartment so I can move (by myself) and detour would be casual robbers

does anyone have any brinks hardware, specifically the next to door control panels? I need to fake a new apartment so I can move (by myself) and detour would be casual robbers

You mean keypads. The panels are in cans in a closet or ceiling somewhere. Keypads won't work without being connected to a panel either wired or wirelessly, you can power them up of course, but they'll be in alarm or trouble until programmed and talking to a panel.

As someone who has worked around the security industry a long time, I don't recommend doing this. Thieves don't really care if they see a keypad on the wall or a sticker on the window, they're going to break in regardless. The only difference will be you'll be left in despair from property theft and feel like an idiot for trying to fake a security system. I've seen it happen hundreds of times and often the end results were tragic. You can also be held accountable if your security system is found to be fake and something bad happens to someone else on your property.

Just get a real security system, I hate ADT but they usually have specials on simple alarm systems for like $99+monitoring.

You mean keypads. The panels are in cans in a closet or ceiling somewhere. Keypads won't work without being connected to a panel either wired or wirelessly, you can power them up of course, but they'll be in alarm or trouble until programmed and talking to a panel.

As someone who has worked around the security industry a long time, I don't recommend doing this. Thieves don't really care if they see a keypad on the wall or a sticker on the window, they're going to break in regardless. The only difference will be you'll be left in despair from property theft and feel like an idiot for trying to fake a security system. I've seen it happen hundreds of times and often the end results were tragic. You can also be held accountable if your security system is found to be fake and something bad happens to someone else on your property.

Just get a real security system, I hate ADT but they usually have specials on simple alarm systems for like $99+monitoring.

My plan is to power them up to make the glow just so if some one decides to case my place, they will see it and hopefully move along. I am known as an electronics hacker who use to install security systems, that is usually enough that would be thiefs dont know what to expect. This wont be a perminant thing, itl all be fake just long enough for my to move out of my old place and into my new.

I can ask my old man if he has any junk keypads lying around, they won't be brinks though, most likely Radionics, Bosch or DSC.

Anyone have any Xbox One Kinect based games they don't want? I have a few dance games my girls are enjoying, but I'd love to get them a Kinect Sports or the like.

Thanks,

This is just an undate:

1) Corsair 500R, still has most of accessories, there may be some little scratches, but nothing major.

2) Thermaltake Level 10 GT White Snow. The E-SATA port broke off, but otherwise, everything else still works and looks good.

Since I don't have much time scouting for shipping boxes and I'm just giving them away for free with $0 profit at my end, I'll only entertain local pick up now. Not shipping them out anymore. Thanks for understanding!

PM me for address.

anyone live near the PA, CO, KS, MD, MN, MO, or OH microcenter store? They have a particular item I need and I figured this is a good crowd to ask for a favor. I am happy to pay shipping + item + time/gas fees, thanks!

anyone live near the PA, CO, KS, MD, MN, MO, or OH microcenter store? They have a particular item I need and I figured this is a good crowd to ask for a favor. I am happy to pay shipping + item + time/gas fees, thanks!
Not in stock in GA?

I'm still kind of in shock that Kyle is shutting the main site down.

After Tom and Anand sold out this was the last independent hardware site standing...I'm not sure where I'm going to go for tech news and reviews.

Last edited:
up for grabs if anyone wants it. just pay shipping costs

trash find. HP p2-1110pc system has no memory, no hdd and no dvd drive. the board has a soldered on AMD E-450 chip. I thought it had a regular psu but after just inspecting it, i'm seeing it takes one of those pico power supplys.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/produc...ries/5187034/model/5192514/document/c03135180

Those are offensively slow. You should be charged with a hate crime for trying to give that away :p

LOL dang its that bad? maybe i shouldve left it where it was. wished i had known it takes an HP pico style power supply i would looked further. Ok back out in the trash pile

LOL dang its that bad? maybe i shouldve left it where it was. wished i had known it takes an HP pico style power supply i would looked further. Ok back out in the trash pile

well, maybe for a little linux distro or something. my big issue was the lack of ports to be able to do anything useful with it. Perhaps offer up just the little ITX board, it may be more palatable to whomever get it (in way of shipping) -edit you can use any older dell or HP laptop powersupply.

well, maybe for a little linux distro or something. my big issue was the lack of ports to be able to do anything useful with it. Perhaps offer up just the little ITX board, it may be more palatable to whomever get it (in way of shipping) -edit you can use any older dell or HP laptop powersupply.
Yeah, you're basically giving away an ITX board and a case, and the case is basically scrap. The mobo could be useful for a low-powered file server or torrent box, though!

Yeah, you're basically giving away an ITX board and a case, and the case is basically scrap. The mobo could be useful for a low-powered file server or torrent box, though!

well i tried last nite using my unversal adapter power supply w/ tips. found the right one, plugged it in and got nothing. no post, nothing. well at least i salvaged the memory, hdd and dvd drive

well i tried last nite using my unversal adapter power supply w/ tips. found the right one, plugged it in and got nothing. no post, nothing. well at least i salvaged the memory, hdd and dvd drive

HP machines require HP power adapters or they will refuse to power on. They use a 1-wire signal from the power brick to the machine, and if it's not speaking the right language, the machine will refuse to use it, even if it is the correct voltage/amperage.

This was done by HP due to the counterfeit power adapters flooding the market and killing machines by the thousands.

You can get a genuine HP adapter on Ebay for pretty cheap.

HP machines require HP power adapters or they will refuse to power on. They use a 1-wire signal from the power brick to the machine, and if it's not speaking the right language, the machine will refuse to use it, even if it is the correct voltage/amperage.

This was done by HP due to the counterfeit power adapters flooding the market and killing machines by the thousands.

You can get a genuine HP adapter on Ebay for pretty cheap.

actually, this specific board is willing to run on a raw 19v its probably not compatible with whatever ram was in it. that or it IS actually dead hence why it hit the trash. I found my in the trash after tenants left it behind. (came with monitor, keyboard and mouse)

Back