The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
free with paid shipping or pickup:
Old dell tower, P3 500, 256 ram, 30gig HDD

Barebones pc: Asus socket 370 mATX mobo, P3 700@933 with Alpha PEP HSF, 512MB of PC133, onboard video, sound. onboard NIC has bad contacts (probably just need to be straightened, but I'll throw in an old PCI nic.
$10 for shipping: GONE

Netopia 3346 ADSL modem/4 port router. 2 available
$5 shipping for one, 7 for both
one configured for bellsouth, the other verizon, but either can be changed.

PM if interested so I don't have to dig through this thread.

Have: Just pay for shipping or trade for my needs. :D
AMD socket 939, 940, 1207 CPU heatsink and fan. This is new, but lost the box somewhere along the way. <~ Gone
Palm Pilot and Pocket PC word games and Mahjongg new in box. <~ Still Here

Need:
2 X 256mb PC100 or PC133
or
2 X 512mb PC100 or PC133

Need -

PCI wireless cards
Case Fans

Have -

Seagate 2gb drive
2 x Beige Cd-roms(unkown specs)
AMD K6 2 3dnow micro atx mobo with processor

altec lansing ahs515 headset. mic doesnt work well- headphones sounds fine tho. 6.00 for shipping GONE~!!!

my old faithful logitech optical click mouse just went out =[
im on a ball mouse right now =/ if anyone has an average optical mouse to use so i can game again thatd be awesome! thankyou.
will pay shipping and even a tip! PM me if you have one.

I f anyone has a usb keyboard PM me ... I need it because i my ps/2 slot is not working.

Would like:

DVI -> VGA cable/adapter
DVI -> HDMI cable/adapter
DVI coupler (to connect two male ends)

Thanks all!

Have for free or trade:
Adaptec 2930U2 SCSI Card Ultra2-LVD/SE

Want:
Pair of PC 3200 DDR1 sticks (2GB hopefully)
PCI network card that has NDIS (DOS) drivers available
Socket478 motherboard

2930U2_1.jpg

2930U2_2.jpg

Thanks for looking
Email me direct at ben.moses(at)insightbb.com

Have for free or trade:

Want:
Socket478 motherboard

2930U2_1.jpg

2930U2_2.jpg

Thanks for looking
Email me direct at ben.moses(at)insightbb.com

Have for free or trade:

Want:
Socket478 motherboard

2 Gb of DDR400?? You realize this is the "FREEBIES" thread?? As in, items FOR FREE??

I believe your message would be more appropriate in the For Sale / For Trade category.

:rolleyes:

Amen. :eek: Someone else pointed out this trend earlier in the thread. There IS a wtt/wtb thread!

FREE things:
MOTHERBOARDS:
-MS6117 LX6, W/ SLOT 1 P2-233 (I think) cpu/hsf.
-Gateway/Intel E139761 w/ P2-400 cpu/passive hs.
-Asus P2-998 w/Celeron 500 slot 1 cpu, fan, all cables, AGP video card.
-ASUS P2-998, bare board.

CASE FANS:
-Vantec 5cm fan, 3-pin wiring.
-Generic 6cm fan, 3-pin wiring.

PSU:
ToughPower 250w ATX
GCI 250 AT (works great with those AT motherboards up ^ )

Hotswappable PATA drive cases, 1 new in box, 1 opened/used.
Also have eleven I/O motherboard/case backplates, should be something in there to fit all the above boards PLUS others.

I need a LGA775 heatsink ASAP! I have $10.38 USD paypal shipped for anyone who can send me one!

I am in need of a functional laptop hard drive that does not give off the impression it will kick the bucket anytime. Anything over 8gb will do (5400 or 7200 is fine).

Available :

FREE (just pay shipping):

1 - Etri Model 141LV 120x38mm fan. This thing is a monster - weighs 1.5 pounds!
1 - Coolermaster 120mm fan, 80mm fan ... included from a Centurion 5 case
2 - Intel 775 stock heatsinks. One from a Q6600, the other an E6420.
1 - Thermaltake Volcano 5 socket A heatsink.
1 - Thermaltake socket A copper/aluminum heatsink, with installed 80mm Thermaltake Smart Fan II (which pushes as much air as a Vantec Tornado 80mm!).

I need a network card that has 64 bit driver available, I have a 12 gig IDE laptop drive, and some <5 gig plain IDE ones I can trade for it.

2 Gb of DDR400?? You realize this is the "FREEBIES" thread?? As in, items FOR FREE??

I believe your message would be more appropriate in the For Sale / For Trade category.

:rolleyes:

I take it that, in your opinion, my Adaptec card is not worthy of a trade for 2x1GB sticks of DDR? I find that to be a reasonable assessment, hence the reason I put in paranthesis "2GB hopefully". Perhaps I should should have made it more clear that 1GB (2x512MB) would be perfectly acceptable. Thank you for pointing out that shortcoming. I will try to correct this in future posts.

I take it that, in your opinion, my Adaptec card is not worthy of a trade for 2x1GB sticks of DDR? I find that to be a reasonable assessment, hence the reason I put in paranthesis "2GB hopefully". Perhaps I should should have made it more clear that 1GB (2x512MB) would be perfectly acceptable. Thank you for pointing out that shortcoming. I will try to correct this in future posts.

You missed the point. If you want to trade your stuff, put it in the main FS/FT forum. The freebies thread is for exactly what the term means, freebies + shipping.

Need an IDE Hard drive, big enough for a windows XP install.

Shipped to Canada. Offer away!

In need of the following:

1. Molex to 4-pin atx adapters. It converts a hard drive power connector to the extra 4-pin atx header.
2. The little plastic stand that the Wii sensor bar sits on.
3. A working Gamecube controller.

Thanks!

HAVE: a brand spanking new HIS X1650 Pro, AGP, 512MB. The AGP-PCIE bridge drivers do not like my Mobo at all. Works fine in an older intel system, does nothing in my AMD system (oh the irony).

NEED: A working, and comparable AGP card with no AGP-PCIE converter. Such as an X700 Pro, or similar Nvidia card. I would prefer NVIDIA. I hate ATI, every time I buy one I have driver issues.

Looking to trade for the following:

I have a brand spanking new HIS X1650 Pro, AGP, 512MB. The AGP-PCIE bridge drivers do not like my Mobo at all. Works fine in an older intel system, does nothing in my AMD system (oh the irony).

What I will take for trade:
A working, and comparable AGP card with no AGP-PCIE converter. Such as an X700 Pro, or similar Nvidia card. I would prefer NVIDIA. I hate ATI, every time I buy one I have driver issues.

this does not belong here

So your saying the board is free? Because this is a freebie thread. If so, il take it. If its not free, get it outa here.

Hi guys,

I'm looking for the following items, mainly needed to test my old hardware that has been accumulating in the basement. I'll be going through most of it over the holidays, and want to separate the stuff that does not work from the stuff that does.

Free would be great, but as always, I'm open to sale offers and links to good deals in FS/T threads or elsewhere (in fact, you can see my full WTB thread here).

Looking for:

-16-bit PCMCIA wired network card (just needs to work in Windows 98).

-Socket A (462) CPU or two

Pretty much any speed will do; one would be great, two would be awesome. I need to test some motherboards. I had a 1Ghz Athlon Thunderbird in my old parts pile, but it turns out it was dead (none of the motherboards boot with it).

-A Wake-on-LAN cable or two

-A USB 2.0 PCI card (just needs to work in Windows XP)

Given away:

Windows NT 4.0 licenses (9)

Thank you,

Jawadali

I need 4 video card ramsinks badly!

Canada has ultra-expensive ramsinks, $12 for 8 of them, i just want 4 of them for like $2 >.<

PM me plz!

im in need of some replacement computer parts as i think some of mine are starting to die.

- socket 939 cpu (x2 would be nice :D)
- PCIe video card (any kind so i can see whats wrong with this computer)

heres the thread related to my computer problems, might as well post it here to so it might help me get my problems resolved http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1031789117

OK... has EVERYONE lost touch with the concept that PERPETUAL FREEBIES is for FREE ITEMS??

This thread is where we can post items to give away for free.
This thread is where we can request insignificant items that could be reasonably free.

Socket 939 CPUs, especially an X2 belongs in a WTB thread (Want-To-Buy) as I highly doubt anyone here is giving away dual-cores for free. :rolleyes:

And even a low-grade PCI-e card is worth at least $10.00.

PC3200 still gets $20.00/stick or more.

Come on people, some common sense here.

OK... has EVERYONE lost touch with the concept that PERPETUAL FREEBIES is for FREE ITEMS??

This thread is where we can post items to give away for free.
This thread is where we can request insignificant items that could be reasonably free.

Socket 939 CPUs, especially an X2 belongs in a WTB thread (Want-To-Buy) as I highly doubt anyone here is giving away dual-cores for free. :rolleyes:

Come on people, some common sense here.

QFT!

Available :

FREE (just pay shipping):

1 - Etri Model 141LV 120x38mm fan. This thing is a monster - weighs 1.5 pounds!
1 - Thermaltake Volcano 5 socket A heatsink.
1 - Thermaltake socket A copper/aluminum heatsink, with installed 80mm Thermaltake Smart Fan II (which pushes as much air as a Vantec Tornado 80mm!).

Free for local pickup (Davis, CA) - Red Sony Brand 8MB PS2 Memory card with some random kid's name Sharpied over

-Got it in a box of random stuff; don't have a PS2

Thought I'd throw it out here before it goes on Craigs or into the trash; you can take it off my hands after my last final tomorrow at 3

EDIT: Why is the freebies thread not stickied anymore?

I need the stock heatsink bracket for a skt478 mobo. A friend wants to go back to air from watercooling, but we cannot find the original bracket...:confused:

I also have plenty of Sata/floppy data cables and 4pin molex to sata adaptors if anyone can use them.

I will look around to see what else I have stuck in the corners of the basement....

------------------

I would love to find a 400fsb skt478 Pentium4 to replace the Celeron.

Thanks,
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back