The [H]arbringiner is alive

For the EK AMD block, I used a metal file to file down 1-2 mm of the acetal around the left and right motherboard mounting screws, which allows the block to be properly aligned with the chip. Probably doesn't make a big difference in block performance -- mostly asethetics and stability in your case -- but something to consider. In my situation, this was required given the design of the custom mounting brackets -- there's basically no play possible with the blocks once the brackets cover the blocks.

Is cas5 working for you with that MB? This nut hasn't yet been cracked with the supermicro quad -- appears to be a bios limitation. I'm still running at 6-7-5-20-1T @ ddr3-1440, even though the modules have tested fine at 5-7-5-20-1T at equivalent frequency on an SR-2 system.

Somebody mentioned FAH scaling limits beyond 48 cores -- scaling beyond this already works fine and is basically linear.

You should have the fastest single system currently -- though a couple of others have the same chips -- unless somebody sneaks out a "-smp 160" 8x E7-8870 (...or even bigger system...).

best AMD TPF for me is 6903: 11:45, 6904: 16:00. These are retail chips.
how much of an improvement do you expect to see moving to CAS 5?

also, I hate both of you for having systems that return TPFs on 6904's almost as fast as my SR-2 will do 6900s!!

I went with the Tyan as Tear seemed to believe that it could do spd hacking on all nodes....
However.... My cas 6 ram arrives Friday...currently 1333 cas 9 ecc with ecc turned off at bios level...

as far as scaling... we have someone that has an 8p octocore xeon setup... can't seem to scale past 64 threads no matter what we try...hmmm had an idea.... lol...

A few things to try - Verify HT=enabled, NUMA=enabled, memory channels populated and configured optimally.

The supermicro board picks up the custom SPDs on all nodes, but it's not yet understood how to select banks other than CPU4 from a SPD programming perspective. So the DIMMs need to be swapped around or programmed on another system -- basically a one time nuisance.

I went with the Tyan as Tear seemed to believe that it could do spd hacking on all nodes....
However.... My cas 6 ram arrives Friday...currently 1333 cas 9 ecc with ecc turned off at bios level...

as far as scaling... we have someone that has an 8p octocore xeon setup... can't seem to scale past 64 threads no matter what we try...hmmm had an idea.... lol...

That guy folded for 3 days I believe. He was on windows so 32bit was probably his limitation. That limitation should probably go away with linux x64.

That guy folded for 3 days I believe. He was on windows so 32bit was probably his limitation. That limitation should probably go away with linux x64.

was a different gun in linux.... his post can be found in the linux guide thread...

Almost 5mil PPD day... That's a lot.... Oh my.... I don't even.... Wow.

What?

my photo searching/chopping skillz are failing me as much as words............

I was searching for john+deere+NHRA...... you get the idea.......

This thing is unbelievable.

I think we all know now that Patriot has given up his mower blades for something a bit more.......I dont know........

afghanistan-big-guns.preview_0.jpg

I think we all know now that Patriot has given up his mower blades for something a bit more.......I dont know........

That looks like a WMD... invade Patriot's house and steal (erm i mean take) it away from him!

my photo searching/chopping skillz are failing me as much as words............

I was searching for john+deere+NHRA...... you get the idea.......

This thing is unbelievable.

Also pics
Now thats a mower

For those that want to see it in action - google world's largest mower and hit the utube link

Last edited:
Evil Alchemist is going to delete that post and give you a warning.

yeah....:(

Apparently there are some unstated rules about what "off topic" posting is allowed in the DC forum, and apparently on-topic videos are considered off topic.

yeah....:(

Apparently there are some unstated rules about what "off topic" posting is allowed in the DC forum, and apparently on-topic videos are considered off topic.

It would help if they were stated - i'm not the 1st one to fall foul of this in the last couple of days

geeez let me install the ram
IMG_0486.jpg

Last edited:
hehe, this is going to get interesting. I took a look at the EVGA forums, and they are still talking about [H] bringing more to the table. The responses ranged from not worried, to full on panic. With a little in-fighting sprinkled in there. So if we keep it up, we may get a bigger response from them.

Keep up the D!

IMG_0487.jpg

better?
had to take out a fan to put it in that top slot...

Well, I think you found the slot... 16 times! did you have fun?

Back