The gtx 1650 non Ti, is still the latest low profile GPU?

cdoublejj

Gawd
Or are those with low profile GPU only HTPC cases and OEM PCs to be shunned and stoned with the rest of the non believers?

Yes. They work great.

Original models have GDDR5 and the more recent models updated to GDDR6.

Given the market you may not have much choice.

I have a feeling we might see low-profile GeForce 3050 but if it happens it'll be awhile since that card still hasn't launched on desktop yet. It's also possible there won't be any low-profile 3050 since the power draw is more than 75W (GeForce 650, 750, 950, 1050, 1650 were usually bus-powered so low-profile cards with extra power connectors would be out of character)

I have a feeling we might see low-profile GeForce 3050 but if it happens it'll be awhile since that card still hasn't launched on desktop yet. It's also possible there won't be any low-profile 3050 since the power draw is more than 75W (GeForce 650, 750, 950, 1050, 1650 were usually bus-powered so low-profile cards with extra power connectors would be out of character)
3050 greater than 75W eh? Hmm I agree that could be an issue. I wonder if they'd declock/undervolt a LP version to hit the 75W TDP

3050 greater than 75W eh? Hmm I agree that could be an issue. I wonder if they'd declock/undervolt a LP version to hit the 75W TDP
Just a rumor I saw, something about 90W 3050(Ti). Don't totally remember where and idk if it's true, but given the general power-hungryness of Ampere I wouldn't be surprised.

But 90w is more thn 75! How cn they cram those amperes(pun lol) through pcie sloth?
if the 3050 does end up being 90W (unconfirmed), then it will require an additional power connector which will affect SFF compatibility, that was my point of bringing it up.

if the 3050 does end up being 90W (unconfirmed), then it will require an additional power connector which will affect SFF compatibility, that was my point of bringing it up.
yea, that seems unlikely as it can't really replace the 1650 if it won't function w/o external power

yea, that seems unlikely as it can't really replace the 1650 if it won't function w/o external power
Given what's known about Ampere power scaling as well as how GA107 is doing in laptops, I have a feeling it'll land right on the edge and some cards will require additional power and some won't, or 3050 won't require additional power but 3050Ti will. Ampere is big and hungry... GM107/GP107 it is not.

NV and AMD just don't have any incentive to make a low profile current gen vid card right now and their board partners don't either. It's extra engineering work and they're already selling every board they can make with a fat profit margin. So no you're not getting a current gen low profile card until the GPU and general chip shortage eases up a good bit. They totally could make a LP card that runs within a laptop power budget, but they just have no incentive to actually bother doing it right now.

Given what's known about Ampere power scaling as well as how GA107 is doing in laptops, I have a feeling it'll land right on the edge and some cards will require additional power and some won't, or 3050 won't require additional power but 3050Ti will. Ampere is big and hungry... GM107/GP107 it is not.
Reminds me of the tick tock cycle
NV and AMD just don't have any incentive to make a low profile current gen vid card right now and their board partners don't either. It's extra engineering work and they're already selling every board they can make with a fat profit margin. So no you're not getting a current gen low profile card until the GPU and general chip shortage eases up a good bit. They totally could make a LP card that runs within a laptop power budget, but they just have no incentive to actually bother doing it right now.
I think deep down I probably knew they didn't give a shit.

I'm just going to drop this here.

RTX A2000 Ampere. Low Profile. 6GB RAM. 70W.

For workstations. So, a gaming low profile RTX 3000 series is very doable. Something like an LP 3050 Ti or a cut down 3060 6GB. Maybe a 3050.

1628728877589.png

1628728897032.png

Back