The greatest keyboard of all time

Modred189

Can't Read the OP
http://www.amazon.com/BlueFinger®-A...d-Pattern/dp/B00QBUPG4S/ref=pd_bxgy_147_img_y

71gpOHAvbHL._SL1500_.jpg

"In full sunlight it was still electric awesome."

From a clearly paid-for 3-star (didn't get his money's worth) review: "This is the best basic use keyboard I ever used. The "Quite Keys" makes this keyboard a must buy product. With this keyboard you will feel less stress on your palm. Yes the price tag is high compared to other keyboard in this segment, but its worth the price. You'll feel the difference when you use it."

"The lights on it are so cool! Although it is kind of hard to get used to when i bunny hop"

"What got me sold on this was the cool ass crack marks."
Is that cool ass-crack marks, or cool-ass crack marks?

And behold how many reviews are entitled "Five Stars"

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Points for creativity. But for a hunt-and-peck typist, it would be hard to find the keys you were looking for... hard to read those labels with all the lighting effect

It looks as if Loki paid a Chinese child to draw lightning on a keyboard then assemble it for 50 cents an hour just for shits and giggles. Thor would take one look at this and say "Nay".

I'd sooner go with a glass keyboard that got dropped and shattered

My eyes... But seriously - best PC keyboard has to be the IBM Model M clicky. Nothing feels quite the same. :)

I can only ask: why?

to get them flashy light gamerz dollar. I saw a guy selling a "gaming PC" with onboard graphics via i3 cpu the other day. Justification for it being a gaming PC was the blue led light on the 80mm case fan.

That keyboard looks like something Fast and Furious wannabes would use.

For you really old timers the best keyboard of all time has to be the old IBM
M type spring loaded ones.

My eyes... But seriously - best PC keyboard has to be the IBM Model M clicky. Nothing feels quite the same. :)

Does it have insane LED lighting in the shape of spastic crazy lightning? No?

Then FALSE, your slightly beige-grey, SNES-colored keyboard is NOT the best.

Greatest keyboard of all time is actually this: (sadly discontinued)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109149

Needs more
3069365371_1_10_cnP8kUds.gif

jesus h. christ teh eye rape of that keyboard is quite strong.

attention gamer peripheral makers, a lot of gamers (tip: especially ones with monies) are adults with reasonably adult tastes... we will not buy this gaudy kind of gaudy junk). this keyboard is obviously a extreme example of "gamer" design garbage...but it is funny because it is just a caricature of other gamer stuff, that while perhaps slightly less obnoxious is closer to this than something tasteful certainly.

oh well.... I will continue typing / gaming away on my Filco MT2 TKL thanks bye.

it does look good but its not for me

It is pretty good. It is something new and interesting. But Do not understand about the lighting effect.

Greatest keyboard of all time is actually this: (sadly discontinued)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109149

Looks like a tacky piece of junk IMO.

axJmn.gif

If it was mechanical and the lightning bolt tracing was darker, so it was faint, then maybe....

I'm personally going to go with my original Logitech G15. It is now a decade old and still works perfectly. It's the best keyboard that Logitech has ever made IMO. The keyboards that came after it either got a crappier smaller display and less G keys, or were overly complicated with the color display and still less G keys. Logitech still has great driver support for the original G15 as well. The on-keyboard display is still used on a daily basis for teamspeak/mumble, monitoring temps, etc.

Some of the silver paint has worn off that surrounds the keyboard, but other then that it's still 100% functional, including the backlighting.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/54/Logitech_Gaming-Keyboard_G15.jpg

IMO Logitech is stupid for not re-re-releasing this keyboard again. If they did i'd pick another one up just to hang onto it. Every keyboard in their current lineup doesn't come near the capabilities of the original G15.

I'm personally going to go with my original Logitech G15. It is now a decade old and still works perfectly. It's the best keyboard that Logitech has ever made IMO. The keyboards that came after it either got a crappier smaller display and less G keys, or were overly complicated with the color display and still less G keys. Logitech still has great driver support for the original G15 as well. The on-keyboard display is still used on a daily basis for teamspeak/mumble, monitoring temps, etc.

Some of the silver paint has worn off that surrounds the keyboard, but other then that it's still 100% functional, including the backlighting.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/54/Logitech_Gaming-Keyboard_G15.jpg

IMO Logitech is stupid for not re-re-releasing this keyboard again. If they did i'd pick another one up just to hang onto it. Every keyboard in their current lineup doesn't come near the capabilities of the original G15.

Well that is a low bar.

My G15 crapped out 5 years ago...backlighting was basically gone...the rubber domes were long toast...

5 years is pretty good when you're usage habits are apparently similar to angry German kid.

5 years is pretty friggin terrible considering Model M keyboards still run fine.
The model M I am using right now is 31 years old.
I thought of buying a new unicomp and if it is as good then I would be set for life but I just can't give up this one!

Back