The great video card dump of 2020 has begun!!!

Bought a 2080 on launch, damaged it in the spring and bought a 2080 Super out of necessity. Toyed with the idea of getting a 2080 Ti at the time, glad I didn't do that.

Pretty happy with the performance I'm getting from the 2080S, although the 3080 is really tempting.

Cyberpunk might be the deciding factor for me. If the 2080S can run it at high settings around 1440p, I might stick with that. Otherwise, it's 3080 time.

I'm also very curious to see what performance boost a 3090 buys you. Given the high bar set by the 3080, the 3090 must be pretty impressive to justify the extra $800.

‘The 3090 is positioned as a bragging rights type ultra premium product. We know it’s only got 20% more Cuda cores than the 3080 and the 24gb of ram won’t make any difference in current games. It’s just for people who want the best at any price and it allows Nvidia to sell a product to that market with massive margins.

About a month ago I said in one of the threads that a used 2080Ti wouldn't be worth $600, and I took a lot of flack. Turns out I was right.

I'm thinking a 2080Ti is a $400-425 used card now. The 2080S is a $250-275. The 2060S/2070 is a $175-200 and the 2060 is a $150 card. 1080Ti maybe $200.

‘The 3090 is positioned as a bragging rights type ultra premium product. We know it’s only got 20% more Cuda cores than the 3080 and the 24gb of ram won’t make any difference in current games. It’s just for people who want the best at any price and it allows Nvidia to sell a product to that market with massive margins.

It looks like it's on the same 8nm Samsung node as the 3080, so no process improvements as rumored.

Would have been nice to see the 3080 match the 2080Ti with 12GB memory. I'm sure they're saving a memory upgrade for the refresh.

It looks like it's on the same 8nm Samsung node as the 3080, so no process improvements as rumored.

Would have been nice to see the 3080 match the 2080Ti with 12GB memory. I'm sure they're saving a memory upgrade for the refresh.

I would almost guarantee there will be a 3080Ti with more memory. It sounds like Lenovo already outed the 3070Ti with 16 GB.

About a month ago I said in one of the threads that a used 2080Ti wouldn't be worth $600, and I took a lot of flack. Turns out I was right.

I'm thinking a 2080Ti is a $400-425 used card now. The 2080S is a $250-275. The 2060S/2070 is a $175-200 and the 2060 is a $150 card. 1080Ti maybe $200.

That sounds about right for where things will settle in, although I think last gen cards could go for a bit more during the first few months of Ampere. 1080Tis were going for $700 when the 20XX series released. Probably depends on availability.

Nvidia has confirmed 3090 is on Samsung 8nm. No TSMC 7nm at the top of the range as some speculated. We can rest assured they have a roadmap for the refresh with increased Vram.

That sounds about right for where things will settle in, although I think last gen cards could go for a bit more during the first few months of Ampere. 1080Tis were going for $700 when the 20XX series released. Probably depends on availability.

Yeah, I'm thinking more when everything shakes out as in Q1'21. 1080Ti's immediately BEFORE the 20XX launch were $450. Then with the underwhelming response to them, they shot up in value.

The final numbers on used will heavily depend on how the 3070 actually performs. If it is good enough 400-450 for a used 2080ti may be a reach.

I just sold 3x RTX 2080TI cards for $749 each on ebay in 5 min flat. Should have listed them for $849.

There will always be fools. Good job in netting some 'marks' carni style. Yes, you should have asked for more if you could have gotten it.. a fool and his money are soon parted.

I'm so glad the 2080ti is getting the prices it deserves.
I couldn't understand how somebody could buy that thing from $1200 in the first place. It was a dick move by nvidia, I just used my 1080ti for 3 years now. Will go into the mining rig after I get the 3080. I really hope we will see some good deals on the 5700 cards soon.

I'm so glad the 2080ti is getting the prices it deserves.
I couldn't understand how somebody could buy that thing from $1200 in the first place. It was a dick move by nvidia, I just used my 1080ti for 3 years now. Will go into the mining rig after I get the 3080. I really hope we will see some good deals on the 5700 cards soon.

The pricing on the last gen sucked. The 1080Ti was the best time to buy in, but for those that missed it, there were no good options. Crypto drove 1080 prices through the roof, and when the 20XX series released, the 2080 wasn't a great upgrade over the 1080Ti.

I bought my 2080 ti for 820 in Dec and do not regret it one bit - completed Control, Doom Eternal, RDR2, Metro Expansion pack, RE 2/3 remakes, NFS Heat on it and now working on HZD and Control AWE. I paid 400 over my 1080 ti for it and easily worth it for my 38 UW monitor

I would have sold my 2080 ti last week when I had a good offer on ebay but the pwm wire controlling fans 2 and 3 quit and it was down to 2 fans, and even though I put that detail on the listing and the card works fine/cool with 2 fans (have a replacement coming for the PWM splitter), I knew it was asking for trouble since ebay will allow you to return anything so long as you check 'not as described' and then you're out return shipping and paypal fees (at the very least). Will likely swap it for a 3080 somewhere down the line esp if my CC honors the warranty claim for the current card.

I was thinking the 3 series would be a good time to get a cheap 2080ti, but with this MSRP; I think I can wait a few months for a 3080 (or whenever they show up on shelves).

I was thinking the 3 series would be a good time to get a cheap 2080ti, but with this MSRP; I think I can wait a few months for a 3080 (or whenever they show up on shelves).
:)
If you have the cash might as well! Problem is too many people are partially out of work and need to save cash. Sounds like it would be a great time to pick up an older card, save the cash and use it for something that might last a bit longer! Just saying.
Though I am sure the new card will be really nice!

Yeah either or at this stage, that's why I added the "few months", I'll see what the prices do (my 1080 is good enough for now).

I wonder if they will release a 3080ti with 11 or 22gb of ram. While 10gb will probably be fine for most part I want more. While I can afford a 3090 and want one the price is still ugh. Here is hoping for a 3080ti with 22gb under $1200.

I don’t understand the don’t buy used logic this guy is talking about. I paid $450 for a asus strix 2080ti and a asus strix b450 motherboard shipped. My buddy paid $100 for the board so I basically paid $350 for a 2080ti that’s less then 6 months old with warranty left on it.

I use a 1440p 144hz monitor and play Cod, DBD and Apex. How and the hell is the 2080ti not worth it used. Coming from a 2060 super this is a big upgrade and well worth the money especially since I sold the 2060 super for $350 4 days ago.

The 2080ti should hold me over for years with the games that I play at my resolution.

I don’t understand the don’t buy used logic this guy is talking about. I paid $450 for a asus strix 2080ti and a asus strix b450 motherboard shipped. My buddy paid $100 for the board so I basically paid $350 for a 2080ti that’s less then 6 months old with warranty left on it.

I use a 1440p 144hz monitor and play Cod, DBD and Apex. How and the hell is the 2080ti not worth it used. Coming from a 2060 super this is a big upgrade and well worth the money especially since I sold the 2060 super for $350 4 days ago.

The 2080ti should hold me over for years with the games that I play at my resolution.

You got a killer deal. Enjoy!

I’d definitely buy used at a price like that! What a steal especially since you get to use it this whole time and not wait for the new cards to actually be available.

So with nvidia announcing their 3000 series lineup with MSRP listings and statements that even the 3070 will be faster than the 2080 ti; the flood of used cards has begun! This makes me so glad I didn't buy a video card recently. Seriously though. Before I would be casually searching through ebay for fun to maybe find 6-10 listings for a 2080ti with crazy prices on most days. Usually for around $1000 or more. Now that official statements have a $500 card coming out in weeks that is beating that same card in performance, ebay is literally flooded with cards for sale. The FST board here is too. Prices are still looking high in comparison as it seems most people are trying to get close to $700 for a 2080ti. Maybe they get lucky? I couldn't see myself spending anywhere near $500 for one considering the 3070 performance. What does anyone else think is going to happen with the video card market this month? I think it is going to be fun to watch as I like to track these kinds of things. So I am busting out the lawn chair and popcorn.
I saw a blower 2080Ti sell for $500 Buy It Now on eBay.

i would agree that 350 is the price that should be paid for a used 2080ti. You have no argument from me. I am arguing against those who think it is worth more, when essentially a bit more and some patience, you should be rewarded with a new card. Also, you appear to have some cognition on how the card was handled...verses some lies that a rando will tell you to sell something.

The pricing on the last gen sucked. The 1080Ti was the best time to buy in, but for those that missed it, there were no good options. Crypto drove 1080 prices through the roof, and when the 20XX series released, the 2080 wasn't a great upgrade over the 1080Ti.

Yeah, I got an insane deal on a 1080ti back in the day. Paid $350 when it was fairly new out and it was a used card for me. Was going to stay with that until I got the deal on ebay. It was a low ball make an offer and got the 2080ti I've been using since. Hoping to snag a 3080... maybe a 3090 around launch if I can. Might be the first NEW card I've bought since my Voodoo2. I haven't had a problem buying used video cards in all this time. Mining and then covid though killed it for me being able to make good gaming computers for friends and family. Prices just haven't been all that good at all for awhile now. Really looking forward to the new shake up in pricing dynamics for the used market. Hence why I started this thread. It was literally overnight going from 6-10 listings for the 2080ti on ebay to hundreds of listings. The other video cards have seen similar uptick of postings and prices are all crazy right now.

If Nvidia doesn't have a paper launch, and Big Navi delivers as well, then I know a ton of my friends and family will be able to upgrade off the lowish end gpu's for games they've been stuck with.

I have a 2080ti that I got lucky with buying for $750 roughly after tax from ebay over a year ago. So i feel i got value out of my purchase for both a great deal at the time and use for a year. I'm more than likely going to do the old hand me down routine though. Wife going from 1080ti to the 2080ti, kid going to get the 1080ti from the 1070, and I am not sure what I am going to do with the 1070 at the moment. Luckily I bought it for $170 so it is more than likely going to drop to near the $100 range soon considering.
My 1070 is currently GPU encoding for plex...

I’d definitely buy used at a price like that! What a steal especially since you get to use it this whole time and not wait for the new cards to actually be available.
You can build some really nice PCs now with used hardware, the Ryzen 3000 series will also dump in price soon after the 4000 comes out. I might build myself a second PC for my wife.

Yeah, I got an insane deal on a 1080ti back in the day. Paid $350 when it was fairly new out and it was a used card for me. Was going to stay with that until I got the deal on ebay. It was a low ball make an offer and got the 2080ti I've been using since. Hoping to snag a 3080... maybe a 3090 around launch if I can. Might be the first NEW card I've bought since my Voodoo2. I haven't had a problem buying used video cards in all this time. Mining and then covid though killed it for me being able to make good gaming computers for friends and family. Prices just haven't been all that good at all for awhile now. Really looking forward to the new shake up in pricing dynamics for the used market. Hence why I started this thread. It was literally overnight going from 6-10 listings for the 2080ti on ebay to hundreds of listings. The other video cards have seen similar uptick of postings and prices are all crazy right now.

If Nvidia doesn't have a paper launch, and Big Navi delivers as well, then I know a ton of my friends and family will be able to upgrade off the lowish end gpu's for games they've been stuck with.
this is what has me excited, the price/performance if the numberscare to be believed are fantastic...

I think these may be correct prices when the 3xxx series is out at MSRP & readily available. The big ????? is the large untapped sub $500 market. These guys have nothing new right now from NVIDIA'S announcement. I could see those guys buying 2070 super for $300 and 1080Ti for about the same. What else are they going to get for that performance? Nothing right now until Big Navi is announced...and then maybe something...?

Right now, nobody knows availability after launch & if there will be driver issues etc. Let's say (as usual) there is a shortage & scalpers snag them. Let's say that easy availability is maybe 4 weeks after xmas. Is for example, getting 1080Ti performance now for $300 better than buying it at $200 at end of january? That is a lot of months of gaming & there is value in that time, esp with the holidays, kids out of school, etc.

Last edited:
I think these may be correct prices when the 3xxx series is out at MSRP & readily available. The big ????? is the large untapped sub $500 market. These guys have nothing new right now from NVIDIA'S announcement. I could see those guys buying 2070 super for $300 and 1080Ti for about the same. What else are they going to get for that performance? Nothing right now until Big Navi is announced...and then maybe something...?

Right now, nobody knows availability after launch & if there will be driver issues etc. Let's say (as usual) there is a shortage & scalpers snag them. Let's say that easy availability is maybe 4 weeks after xmas. Is for example, getting 1080Ti performance now for $300 better than buying it at $200 at end of january? That is a lot of months of gaming & there is value in that time, esp with the holidays, kids out of school, etc.

Watching ebay absolutely fascinates me, sellers trying to hold the line at a price, then a few take buy it nows and it is like an avelanche, this morning people were selling for 700 ish, now 500 buy it nows... damn, someone just took 480.

Watching ebay absolutely fascinates me, sellers trying to hold the line at a price, then a few take buy it nows and it is like an avelanche, this morning people were selling for 700 ish, now 500 buy it nows... damn, someone just took 480.

Yep I saw 2 $500's go BIN in less than like 15 min the auction was up. I honestly think that is a fair price at the current time.

Yah that's part of the fun I am liking. Watching how the ebay sales are trending and what is going on. It is a bit of looking at what happens with a stock market sell off happens. All the panic and excitement is fun to watch sometimes. At least when it is something like video cards.

Yah that's part of the fun I am liking. Watching how the ebay sales are trending and what is going on. It is a bit of looking at what happens with a stock market sell off happens. All the panic and excitement is fun to watch sometimes. At least when it is something like video cards.

Definitely much less fun when it’s the stock market crashing! Nice little bit of fun in our niche market of high end videocards. 😅

Just saw someone sold a 2080ti founders card for $400 on eBay. Crazy that the prices tanked this hard after the reveal.
Im looking forward to seeing how bad the amd cards tank after that reveal. I sold my 5700xt for $300 a couple weeks ago.

Just saw someone sold a 2080ti founders card for $400 on eBay. Crazy that the prices tanked this hard after the reveal.
Im looking forward to seeing how bad the amd cards tank after that reveal. I sold my 5700xt for $300 a couple weeks ago.

I would buy a 5700 at $200 if I could find one. Probably tough though as they are kick ass ETH mining cards.

Don’t forget at launch the 2080 and 1080ti traded blows and now 2 years later find me a benchmark set where the 2080 doesn’t lead by 10% over 1080ti. The same will happen with the 3XXX cards. Driver optimizations will make gains in the 3 series ampere moreso than the outgoing pascal series. I do think 2080ti used value sits at about $400-$450 tops now that 3070 and 3080 have showed their stuff.

I've been thinking about upgrading my 1070 for a while now and I think this just gave me the green light. Now I'll wait until the new cards drop and probably get a 2070 used

Not sure what you guys are talking about. There are still lots of 2080 ti cards being sold for 600-700+ on ebay. In fact that majority seem to still be.

I've been thinking about upgrading my 1070 for a while now and I think this just gave me the green light. Now I'll wait until the new cards drop and probably get a 2070 used

Honestly the 2070 isn’t that big of a jump from a 1070. I made a similar increase myself not long ago and was a little underwhelmed. I’d recommend with how low the prices might go aiming a little higher to be happy with the performance increase.

Back