The Great RTX 3080ti / 3070ti Scalper Event starts June 3rd

Krenum

Fully [H]
https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-...available-on-june-3rd-rtx-3070ti-on-june-10th

*Multiple Sources
https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-may-...and-rtx-3070-ti-a-week-apart-starting-june-3/
https://www.techtimes.com/articles/260517/20210521/rtx-3080-ti-3070-ti-launch.htm

"
Just as we said, NVIDIA will announce its new RTX 3080 Ti and RTX 3070 Ti models on May 31st. NVIDIA already announced it will have its own keynote on this year’s Computex. It is very likely that both cards will be revealed during this keynote.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti reviews will go live on June 2nd. According to the report from Wccftech, the sales should begin a day later. Ever since there were problems with GPU availability, manufacturers have tried to split the review and sales embargoes. This allows customers to read a review first before they decide to preorder a graphics card. Unfortunately, we occasionally see both embargoes lifting at the same time, which is not a very consumer-friendly approach. The last launch from NVIDIA featuring RTX 3060 graphics card has given customers 3 hours to read the reviews before the cards went on sale".

LMFAO, Good luck everyone.

May the bloodbath begin! Again!

Last edited:
Anybody wanna do an over/under on how fast they sell out? 2 seconds? 4 seconds?

I'm sure the B&M stores like Best Buy and Microcenter will try to curb the scalpers by limiting cards to 1 per customer and doing in store purchases only......I can't believe I typed all that out without laughing.

Won’t matter how fast they sell out for me, lol.

Snailbot to the rescue while I kick my feet up

I'm sure the B&M stores like Best Buy and Microcenter will try to curb the scalpers by limiting cards to 1 per customer and doing in store purchases only......I can't believe I typed all that out without laughing.
Yeah...that's not gonna happen.

Can't beat em? Join em!

Been saying it for a long time now. lol. Except, you cant even join them now. Waiting list is too long lol.
So you're the hero that's been around long enough to become the villian eh? It only gets more complicated from here on out 😉

At this point many people are just desperate to get their hands on any 3000 series card and wont be too picky concerning the model.

Lets hope that some LHR hardware gets into user hands before the arrival of highly desirable Ti models that so we'll be able to see how easy it will be to break/work around , exactly how narrow or wide its application will be (ie if it only blocks mining of ethhash algo, other cryptos will probably jump at least for a time if they're able to mine at full hash rate etc), and the like. Its bad enough that users will only be able to to have a short period of time to read reviews before embargos are lifted, but the LHR issue atop it all will add to the confusion.

This would be a great time for AMD to unveil updated revisions of their 6800 and 6900 series. They could really capitalize on this whole thing both in terms of PR and raw performance if they're smart about i.t

Better be reading those reviews while standing in line at Microcenter lmao.

Here's the review: we're in a global water shortage, and they're water.

IOW, any technical analysis will be purely academic.

Last edited:
Lets hope that some LHR hardware gets into user hands before the arrival of highly desirable Ti models that so we'll be able to see how easy it will be to break/work around , exactly how narrow or wide its application will be (ie if it only blocks mining of ethhash algo, other cryptos will probably jump at least for a time if they're able to mine at full hash rate etc), and the like. Its bad enough that users will only be able to to have a short period of time to read reviews before embargos are lifted, but the LHR issue atop it all will add to the confusion.

This would be a great time for AMD to unveil updated revisions of their 6800 and 6900 series. They could really capitalize on this whole thing both in terms of PR and raw performance if they're smart about i.t
id be fine with plain old msrp stock cards that us mortals can actually purchase...yea some new models is perferable. lol i never in a million years thought id be in a rush to spend double (or much more) on my next video card...i just will not reward scalpers in any way no matter how long the wait is

id be fine with plain old msrp stock cards that us mortals can actually purchase...yea some new models is perferable. lol i never in a million years thought id be in a rush to spend double (or much more) on my next video card...i just will not reward scalpers in any way no matter how long the wait is
I’d rather get that autographed picture of Dorothy Stratten than pay a scalper.

Wonder if europe will be get a hold of ANY FE cards, has been almost pointless to even try so far as availability is so scarse it's not really sure if there was any cards being sold to begin with. I've never been able to see any buy buttons...

Had there been physical availability in stores like Gigantti or Power that are available across all nordic countries I'd just put up a tent and camp outside :LOL:

Last edited:
Wonder if europe will be get a hold of ANY FE cards, has been almost pointless to even try so far as availability is so scarse it's not really sure if there was any cards being sold to begin with. I've never been able to see any buy buttons...

Had there been physical availability in stores like Gigantti or Power that are available across all nordic countries I'd just put up a tent and camp outside :LOL:

I doubt it. I haven't seen a GPU in stock since October. This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

I've been a PC gamer since the Commodore 64 days and they've been saying PC gaming is dead almost as long and it's always been a crock. Now might actually be true.

If you need to build a new gaming PC these days, you simply can't. That is unless you pay the 200% ransom these maggot scalpers are charging or get extremely lucky and hit a retailer during the 4 seconds they have 1 for sale.

My interest in gaming is the lowest it's been in 30 years and mainly because of this. I don't read new GPU reviews anymore cause why bother? If my gaming PC died right now I'd probably just buy an Xbox or Playstation and move on.

I think what pisses me off the most is that this doesn't have to be this bad. Like I jokingly said earlier, Best Buy and Microcenter could implement a 1 per customer and in store purchases only policy and that would be a big help. I know they'd still sell out but not as quick and at least legitimate customers/gamers would more likely be the ones buying them and not the bottom feeding scalpers and miners.

My interest in gaming is the lowest it's been in 30 years and mainly because of this. I don't read new GPU reviews anymore cause why bother? If my gaming PC died right now I'd probably just buy an Xbox or Playstation and move on.
The consoles are suffering the same fate as the cpus/gpus. I haven't been able to buy a ps5 or xbox series x since they released.

has anyone in here genuinely been waiting with bated breath for the next release of a particular PC game title? I can't think of a single one. Used to be the Mass Effect Series title but after Andromeda came out well, things changed for me after that (yes, it's kinda fun to play but you know the truth about it ... wash, rinse, repeat). Metro Exodus was released next (for my preferred game types anyways) but lots of folks kept having trouble running the game reliably, many experienced persistent crashing problems. So, even if you can manage to get a decent GPU these days what game you gonna play on it that your current system can't handle?

IMO what is missing is Creativity and not just in the video game arena. I used to really enjoy playing Descent 3. I tried Overload that was released last year. Overload has superior graphics, etc but I found it to be boring to play after an hour's time. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Last edited:

Manufacturers don’t need to be smart in this market, they just need to show up. That’s it.

used to really enjoy playing Descent 3. I tried Overload that was released last year. Overload has superior graphics, etc but I found it to be boring to play after an hour's time. I don't know, maybe it's just me.
Agreed. I liked Overload but it wasn't as good as the classics. If I remember correct I played Descent 1 and 2, not sure I ever played 3.

Forsaken was my favorite out of the space shooters from that time. They have an HD remaster on Steam, still have to play that.

The consoles are suffering the same fate as the cpus/gpus. I haven't been able to buy a ps5 or xbox series x since they released.
Get on the discords. XSX has been dropping like rain this last week.

Dropping the link below, I got all my stuff from notifications there. No referral links or fees, they're just in it to help people get stuff. I got an XSX, XSS, PS5, and 6900XT all in a few weeks. Some people here like Bassman69 also got stuff there.
https://discord.gg/j2ycjuWzpv

I'm the same callsign there as here. Good luck.

Get on the discords. XSX has been dropping like rain this last week.

Dropping the link below, I got all my stuff from notifications there. No referral links or fees, they're just in it to help people get stuff. I got an XSX, XSS, PS5, and 6900XT all in a few weeks. Some people here like Bassman69 also got stuff there.
https://discord.gg/j2ycjuWzpv

I'm the same callsign there as here. Good luck.
what lobby should i look at for drops?

what lobby should i look at for drops?
On the TD Discord:
Read the #rules-readme channel
Go to #role-channel and click on the products you want to get notified about
Check out #next-drop-info for timing and howto information
Make sure you have accounts and payment details on all the places you're willing to buy from
Stay logged in to those sites
Wait for the server ping, then gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ask questions in #general - follow the rules.

On the TD Discord:
Read the #rules-readme channel
Go to #role-channel and click on the products you want to get notified about
Check out #next-drop-info for timing and howto information
Make sure you have accounts and payment details on all the places you're willing to buy from
Stay logged in to those sites
Wait for the server ping, then gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ask questions in #general - follow the rules.
Honestly these type of methods sound likes a person would have to be in front of their pc 24/7? I guess ome of you guys sit in from of a pc all day long anyways?

has anyone in here genuinely been waiting with bated breath for the next release of a particular PC game title? I can't think of a single one. Used to be the Mass Effect Series title but after Andromeda came out well, things changed for me after that (yes, it's kinda fun to play but you know the truth about it ... wash, rinse, repeat). Metro Exodus was released next (for my preferred game types anyways) but lots of folks kept having trouble running the game reliably, many experienced persistent crashing problems. So, even if you can manage to get a decent GPU these days what game you gonna play on it that your current system can't handle?

IMO what is missing is Creativity and not just in the video game arena. I used to really enjoy playing Descent 3. I tried Overload that was released last year. Overload has superior graphics, etc but I found it to be boring to play after an hour's time. I don't know, maybe it's just me.
Capcom's Monster Hunter mainline series. Monster Hunter world, Monster Hunter world Iceborne and the upcoming monster hunter rise.

The story is garbage, but the gameplay is better than anything else I've played in the last decade on PC.

I was done with MMORPGs by 2007 and competitive FPSs by 2010. I still like playing RPGs like the Witcher and maybe Divinity original sin 2 if I can find time for it.

The only other genre I'm interested in getting into are VR racing sims. That would benefit greatly from a powerful GPU.

Honestly these type of methods sound likes a person would have to be in front of their pc 24/7? I guess ome of you guys sit in from of a pc all day long anyways?

You mean your phone? Discord will ping your phone too... just hit up your computer when something pings. You sometimes have an indication of when a drop will be for a given retailer, so if it's something you're anticipating, you can just hang out near your comp for that drop.

Like the Xbox Series X, it must have hit over 30 times on Friday at the MS store. You could have easily grabbed one if you were trying.

My PS5 and XSX grabs were after midnight my time, I just happened to be awake reading when the admin was notifying the roles with "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" lol

Agreed. I liked Overload but it wasn't as good as the classics. If I remember correct I played Descent 1 and 2, not sure I ever played 3.

Forsaken was my favorite out of the space shooters from that time. They have an HD remaster on Steam, still have to play that.

The PC version of Forsaken was always in HD.

Title should be this

Scalper Event starts June 3rd, Miners will have head of line priority.​

You mean your phone?
i42TkmB.jpg

Missed opportunity :p

MSRP "TBC". Looking forward to seeing 3080ti/3070ti MSRP above the 3090 MSRP now, lol.

You mean like the non reference 6800 and 6800xt compared to the 6900xt reference?

No, I mean like the non reference 3080ti and 3070ti compared to the non reference 3090 MSRP.

I'm guessing there will be no FE ti cards.

MSRP "TBC". Looking forward to seeing 3080ti/3070ti MSRP above the 3090 MSRP now, lol.
Nvidia got the clue that initial release MSRP was way too low and the market would bear at least 2x. Now they're gonna apply that knowledge just in time for the fabled crypto crash. The supply glut is gonna be epic when next gen is released. Should my grandchildren chose an education path that includes economic theory, they're gonna look at us and wonder how we even managed to procreate.

Back