The Great RTX 3080 Scalping event has begun!

sad

"
Eric Matthews
@TEAMSWITCHER

#Nvidia Sucks! Their website went from “Notify Me” to “Out of Stock” instantly. There were never any RTX 3080 products actually for sale. This was nothing but a hyped up paper launch!
"
I was more interested in the
““To stop bots and scalpers on the Nvidia store, we’re doing everything humanly possible, including manually reviewing orders, to get these cards in the hands of legitimate customers,” the company said while adding: “We apologize to our customers for this morning's experience.” “
Part that’s a lot of orders to manually process.

The solution is to wait a few weeks, and then just buy it through normal channels.

What kind of channels? Like midnight back alley channels? I have a feeling these cards won't be available over the counter until Christmas at best.

Here you go if you want one next month, Dell.com has an overpriced PNY montrosity if you have to have one.

Dell PNY

Anyone know the policy for Micro Center employees? I feel like they have the perfect opportunity to buy these before everyone else then flip them. Maybe it's my old age but I just don't see the need to have it now. I know it's not 'hard' but I've been using a 1080 for years now and my gaming has been fine. I will upgrade eventually but I can wait until the TI models come out.

Nice, people are selling pictures of 3080’s on eBay for $800+. Some real scum on this planet.

lol hilarious. "Paper Edition"

3080.PNG
3080a.PNG

At least yesterday I saw some "order" buttons flicker here and there. Today there's nothing.... just OOS...

Well the bots were probably able to place 20-50, thousand orders in the span of a few seconds. So it could just be one guy in a cubical with a coffee IV on one arm and a shredder on the other just blankly staring at an inspirational poster mindlessly repeating "Bot" in the monotonous tone of a broken man as he dumps order after order into the shredder dreaming of the day he gets to the bottom of the list then it hits him, he still has the 3090 and the 3070 launches to go, and as he glances over at window he laments that his building only has 2 floors...

Nice, people are selling pictures of 3080’s on eBay for $800+. Some real scum on this planet.
At least they are blatantly stating that they are pictures, and most of them make it clear that they are donating that money to charity... The only way to beat a scalper is to take their clients and most importantly their money.

they'll be plenty of "chumps" to buy these. Cold day before i do. I'll just buy a chappy console and be absolutely happy
good luck with that. they'll sell out just as fast. plus system requirements for cyberpunk dropped yesterday. So it looks like it'll be a while before you NEED a 3080 anyway. Plus Navi's coming. heck if you're not worried about raytracing you can get 980ti 's for $150-200 used.

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-pc-system-requirements/

good luck with that. they'll sell out just as fast. plus system requirements for cyberpunk dropped yesterday. So it looks like it'll be a while before you NEED a 3080 anyway. Plus Navi's coming. heck if you're not worried about raytracing you can get 980ti 's for $150-200 used.

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-pc-system-requirements/
Crysis Remastered doesn't even need a Ray-Tracing capable graphics card. Ray-Tracing can be done in software, so you really don't need a 3080.

Who cares. If you don't want to pay a scalped price don't buy it. If enough people feel the same way then the scalpers lose money. Personally I'm only willing to pay less than the price from a store from some random on ebay. Warranty and servuce issues matter and its way less reliable from a third party. I actually find it amusing watching people screw themselves over by overpaying.

I know people are screwing about, but I hope they know what they're doing. Because being stuck with 4% final value fees on $100K is a lot of money. And last I checked, ebay charges regardless if the buyer actually went through with payment and you have to manually get ebay to credit you the fees back.

Seems like a waste of time (for the sellers). Legally buyers enter a contract, but nothing really enforces it. Sellers are just going to have to ensure ebay credits them back otherwise they'll have a nasty bill at the end of the month, unless I am missing something.

Seems like a waste of time (for the sellers). Legally buyers enter a contract, but nothing really enforces it. Sellers are just going to have to ensure ebay credits them back otherwise they'll have a nasty bill at the end of the month, unless I am missing something.
What about chargebacks

I love this bot purchase strategy on ebay, it doesn't only stop only the sellers but also buyers paying too much sending clear message we want neither of that.

I love this bot purchase strategy on ebay, it doesn't only stop only the sellers but also buyers paying too much sending clear message we want neither of that.
Well, it's illegal and immoral, so it's also got that going for it.

Back