The Great Keyboard N-Key Rollover (NKRO) Test/Round-up

THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG
G15 V1

If you are using a G15 specify which version you are using. It appears the first version G15/G11 work perfectly but the newer versions do not.

This test is more accurate if you turn on scroll lock, and hold down the caps lock key while doing it.

Turning on scroll lock keeps transient voltages from scrolling through the keyboard, making a more accurate test.

I thought that it was more accurate if you alternated the right and left shift button with each keystroke, with the CAPSLOCK key on?

This test is more accurate if you turn on scroll lock, and hold down the caps lock key while doing it.

Turning on scroll lock keeps transient voltages from scrolling through the keyboard, making a more accurate test.
Okay...

te uic rwn jus rigt ver te lay dg

TE UIC RWN JUS RIGT VER TE LAY DG
TE UIC RWN JUS RIGT VER TE LAY DG

Logitech Elite (like the MX700 Duo keyboard, but wired)

wow im like the only one whos spacebar doesnt even work. g15 v2 wowowowowoow

I can press 30 keys at one time and they all will register.
When buying a keyboard for a tower PC, go with the PS/2 version.

THE QUCK BRN FX JUMS VR H LAZY DG

Fujitsu Lifebook

I'm confused about why this is such a good test? Can somebody explain?? Should I send my laptop back to Fujitsu?

I wouldn't send it back... it's just a test to see how many simultaneous key presses your keyboard can handle... they can't fix that without redesigning the laptop itself :p

Keyboards that have issues with this test might have issues when you play games and are pressing multiple keys at the same time.

Ripster55, this is just for fun. I don't see much point in this test either. Maybe it'll encourage you to get mechanical keyboards. ;)

Anyone with a Sony laptop? I think they're pretty bad when it comes to laptop keyboards. Emulators/games using the arrow keys are a no go with Sony laptops, unless you use an external keyboard or a game controller.

H CK BN FX JMPS GH V H LAZ DG
H CK BN FX JMPS GH V H LAZ DG

Macbook (Late 2008 model)

I wouldn't send it back... it's just a test to see how many simultaneous key presses your keyboard can handle... they can't fix that without redesigning the laptop itself :p

Keyboards that have issues with this test might have issues when you play games and are pressing multiple keys at the same time.

Thanks.

I was wondering why the Overclock.net 1050 post thread got deleted. They must not know as much about keyboards.

Last edited:
ABS M1:
HE QUIC BROWN OX UMP RIGH OVER HE Z OG

Doing the "scroll lock on, with capslock held down" thing:
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS RIGHT OVER THE LAZY DOG

I don't get the second part.

Maybe it'll encourage you to get mechanical keyboards. ;)

Doesn't have much to do with mechanical keyboards, it's just how they design them.

If you want true NKRO you gotta get a PS/2 keyboard. Then you can press as many keys as you want and it always registers :p

Deck 82 Ice

I wouldn't send it back... it's just a test to see how many simultaneous key presses your keyboard can handle...
Wait- so we're supposed to hold down the right and left SHIFT buttons, then hold down T, then H, then E, then SPACE, then Q, etc?

How? I run out of fingers (and other digits) less than halfway through. Should we tape each key down or something?

No no... you were doing it right... holding down the two shift keys is forcing your keyboard to handle multiple inputs simultaneously. It all depends on the keyboard design.

Try to press 8 keys simultaneously... on my keyboard it works fine, but on others you might only get 2-3 of those characters to show up. I can do 10 on the DAS...
asdvfnjkl; <--- me mashing on 10 keys simultaneously
1234576890 <--- managed to press all 10 keys... 6 managed to show up before 7? haha..

Dell SK-8110

I honestly have no idea what the purpose of this exercise is.

If you want true NKRO you gotta get a PS/2 keyboard. Then you can press as many keys as you want and it always registers :p

I don't think it's the case with my PS2 Logitech UltraX keyboard. :( It's shelved away somewhere so I can't play with it.

Try to press 8 keys simultaneously... on my keyboard it works fine, but on others you might only get 2-3 of those characters to show up. I can do 10 on the DAS...
asdvfnjkl; <--- me mashing on 10 keys simultaneously
1234576890 <--- managed to press all 10 keys... 6 managed to show up before 7? haha..

1206536807`585+62353626z501454+627670136,+0322,z602516541062145061245067451206451206245z60721460240z6104630,z694897545016865+410+9426059154706124506124061245069120569125469
Logitech Illuminated: pressing the number keys in different ways ends up with strange results!

I'm still a bit confused.

Aren't you supposed to use the capslock key to do this?
attachment.php

HE QUIK BROWN FO JUPS RIGH OER HE LA DOG

Dell Multimedia Keyboard at Work

No no... you were doing it right... holding down the two shift keys is forcing your keyboard to handle multiple inputs simultaneously. It all depends on the keyboard design.

I dunno- that doesn't seem very realistic or useful. When are you going to be holding down both shift keys? Wouldn't it make more sense to see if it can register WASD + SPACE or somesuch? Combinations you'd actually use gaming?

I don't get the whole point of this thread. :confused: Someone please explain.

HE QUIK BROWN FO UPS OER HE LA DOG

HP keyboad included with my work HP compaq PC

Can a G15 user please try this test?

Microsoft Official Nkey Rollover Test

Press RIGHTSHIFT (hold), LEFTARROW (hold), UPARROW (hold)
Also ASX
Also Spacebar with arrow combos
Other gaming keypresses you often use in FPS, RTS, Music Games

I've heard the G15 is good for gaming.

HE QUIK BROWN FO JUPS OER HE LA DOG

Dell USB keyboard that comes stock with the Optiplex

Alright, I've updated the first post to include the CAPS lock as some people have requested.

Logitech G19 - both shift keys and Caps lock

With both shift keys and caps lock I can't type anything on this cheapo Dell L100 keyboard.

Can a G15 user please try this test?

Microsoft Official Nkey Rollover Test

Press RIGHTSHIFT (hold), LEFTARROW (hold), UPARROW (hold)
Also ASX
Also Spacebar with arrow combos
Other gaming keypresses you often use in FPS, RTS, Music Games

I've heard the G15 is good for gaming.

I can still type holding both shifts, space, and ASX. Note that while the keys work I can't actually type because I have 6 fingers tied up holding keys and no space bar since I'm holding it down. :p

Logitech G19 - both shift keys and Caps lock

For the price of this keyboard, It'd be a crime if it didn't pull 100% on this test. Looks like the results are good.

Using only both Shift keys:

Both Shift and Caps lock being held down:
(Catastrophic failure, can't type anything.)

Saitek Eclipse I

Confirming 100% accuracy for the Logitech G19! This seems to be a major increase from the G15 line. I'm glad to see my upgrade was worth it in yet another way!

For the price of this keyboard, It'd be a crime if it didn't pull 100% on this test. Looks like the results are good.

Not really. I don't usually hold both shift keys and the control button down while I am trying to type something.

Back