The Great [H]orde Fold-A-Thon

There it is.

D'Oh! I can be too damn literal/stupid. Didn't even think to look on sub pages!

as a side note for the registration page, if your posting, try to post a badge that also shows your PPD, alot of people are not using this and as per the entry form regulations, you need at least 4K PPD, it would not be fair during time to choose, to have Kendrak or Kyle or anyone else for that matter have to go through and find out whose actually eligable for the drawings.

I'm glad you guys are doing this membership drive and that it was posted in other forums, otherwise I might not have gotten started..

Now that I am started, I want to do more.... trying to figure out how long it will take me to stash enough for 4p :)

I am so cool i can complete work units with 0 ppd while it is running. Or it is just that my processor is bad, it is only an A8 3850, which surprisingly only does 3600 ppd according to the dashboard.

My current theories are that the APU architecture does not like folding. Or it is being misreported because it is trying to do two work units at a time but does not recognize that both are running concurrently.

I am so cool i can complete work units with 0 ppd while it is running. Or it is just that my processor is bad, it is only an A8 3850, which surprisingly only does 3600 ppd according to the dashboard.

My current theories are that the APU architecture does not like folding. Or it is being misreported because it is trying to do two work units at a time but does not recognize that both are running concurrently.

I would just stick with folding on the CPU side of that chip and leave the GPU alone.

did a bit more fiddleing to limit to only the CPU side and it folds at 1100 ppd with all 4 cpu cores maxed and the GPU core zeroed.

when I zero the CPU (right now its only functioning at 26%) my GPU computing is going at 2900 ppd. :confused:

Something is off.....

A Q6600 gets 2-3k at stock, OC-ed over 4k

could it be hard disk speed limited? I would expect folding to run completely from memory but the HD in this box is from salvaged 2006 machine.

the HD speed wont make much of a difference.

You may want to create a thread here, so we can keep this thread clean, and give you a hand in a more constructive way.

Question, if I may. The rules state that you can't go a week between WUs. I'm about to go on vacation for 11 days, and I really dislike leaving things run (especially under high load) while I'm gone. Had a house fire a few years ago and now I'm (probably overly) cautious about such things. I'd really like to not be DQ'd because of that. Can someone maybe PM me if we need to discuss in detail?

Question, if I may. The rules state that you can't go a week between WUs. I'm about to go on vacation for 11 days, and I really dislike leaving things run (especially under high load) while I'm gone. Had a house fire a few years ago and now I'm (probably overly) cautious about such things. I'd really like to not be DQ'd because of that. Can someone maybe PM me if we need to discuss in detail?

The "Spirt" of the rule is to keep someone from dropping one or 2 HUGE WU durring a single month that avg out to 4+k ppd. (Thus possibly winning and not putting forth full "effort")

Often in these cases:
You could ask a team memeber to drop a GPU WU for you next week.
Have a friend drop the program on his/her system while you are gone

Also, this is just one of 5 time periods (maybe more), so if you don't qualify this time round there are 4 more.

I just want to remind all the donors to be ready for the drawing coming up.

Yep, I'm ready. Let me know if you want me to mail it to the winner or mail it to you for distribution.

Yep, I'm ready. Let me know if you want me to mail it to the winner or mail it to you for distribution.

It will be better for you all to mail it to the winner. That way it only gets shipped once (50% less chance of UPS/FedEx turning the contents to mush) and we spend less money as a team.

I just send a PM off to Kyle asking for the winning posts!

Good luck everyone!

Winners:
Steptember:
45 crawford60 1st place, $100 Giftcard from the [H]orde and a 120GB SSD from tkam
34 rhavern 2nd, Rosewill Blackhawk Utlra case
57 mplee 3rd 2x2gb set of G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 RAM

Grats to the winners!

mplee, please send me your address and I'll mail the RAM on on Tuesday!

Congrats to the winners!
A couple questions about the contest:
1. Is this for brand new members only? What about former folders?
2. If i understand correctly it is for US residents only. Is this due to shipping issues? The reason I ask is that i am in a canadian border town and can get stuff shipped to a brokerage across the river.

1) no, open to all folders
2) I think that is the reason

Hmm well i guess that excludes me. Oh well. I will throw a couple gpu's up to fold for the horde for a bit anyways. My CPU is staying with WCG since it needs some love too.

The big thing is newegg won't let me buy a giftcard for a canada resident.

So we could still enter and have one of our US friends use the card on our behalf?

So we could still enter and have one of our US friends use the card on our behalf?

As far as I'm involved, you win, you send me an e-mail that the newegg giftcard gets sent to.

I'm not involved any more than that. If you enter and have issues with the giftcard because of residency/currency or whatnot, not my problem.

What you do to have a work around is not my concern.

OK, we have the $100 for the new month, and tkam is going to do the second SSD.

Anyone else wana throw in on this?

I got a sale of an item, if it complete, I will throw in some DOSH!

A few have mentioned that posting your PPD is a requirement. Where does it says this, and how do you add that you your badge? Confused!

Quoted from the OP:

Here is the requirements:
Fold for Team 33
You must have folded for 30 days to win the current month's drawing
You must keep an average of 4k ppd (With no space greater than one week in between WU)
Must be in the US (as sending gift cards outside the US might not work well)
Kyle will pick a winner by random post number in the registration thread
Post ONCE in the registration thread. (one entry enters you for the duration of the contest)
Rules can be changed by myself or Kyle

How to enter:
Post your badge here: Registration Thread
Get your badge here: Badge How To

I Just hope I can get up to 4000 ppd. my poor 5870 is going non stop since I finally got it configured.

Wish I could figure out how to get both my ati card, and my CPU then I'm sure I could hit closer to 16K.

Last edited:
I Just hope I can get up to 4000 ppd. my poor 5870 is going non stop since I finally got it configured.

Wish I could figure out how to get both my ati card, and my CPU then I'm sure I could hit closer to 16K.

ATI cards just are not friendly with F@H. Start that thread up and let's see if we can get your CPU going.

had to manually set the cores in SMP to 4 instead of -1, and poof, works. to I should be able to add more PPD, woot!!!

Quoted from the OP:

Yeah, I read that, over and over. It still doesn't say that you have to post your PPD or how to do it. Unless I am blind or stupid (which is possible). I know it says you have to fold at least 4k ppd, but doesn't say to post it or how to add that to your badge. I followed the instructions exactly the way they are written.

Yeah, I read that, over and over. It still doesn't say that you have to post your PPD or how to do it. Unless I am blind or stupid (which is possible). I know it says you have to fold at least 4k ppd, but doesn't say to post it or how to add that to your badge. I followed the instructions exactly the way they are written.

Your folding badge shows your folding user name, team, and points.

It also it a hotlink to your folding stats to we can check that you have been turning in WU over the contest period.

So, by having someone post their badge in the registration thread, I have all the info for their folding contribution.

Unless I am blind or stupid (which is possible).
AB=1 ;)

I know it says you have to fold at least 4k ppd, but doesn't say to post it or how to add that to your badge. I followed the instructions exactly the way they are written.

Yeah it kinda does...
How to enter:
Post your badge here: Registration Thread
Get your badge here: Badge How To

click the hyperlinks in the directions....

Here they are again...
Get your badge...
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1032982277&postcount=876
Post it here...
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1038935704#post1038935704

Back