The Great [H]orde Fold-A-Thon

Kendrak

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2009
We have been building to this for a while. I'm quite excited about this.

This contest will be an ongoing contest. We will continue to draw winners as long as we have funds. What are the winners going to get? I'm glad you asked.

$100 Amazon* Gift Card EVERY MONTH the contest continues.

As a bonus Members can throw in folding hardware for the winner.
Currently:
tear had donated an extra $100 Amazon* Giftcard for the February 1s drawing!

Winners:
Steptember:
45 crawford60 1st place, $100 Giftcard from the [H]orde and a 120GB SSD from tkam
34 rhavern 2nd, Rosewill Blackhawk Utlra case from 402blownstroker
57 mplee 3rd 2x2gb set of G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 RAM

October:
29 penn7, 1st place, $100 Giftcard from the [H]orde and a 120GB SSD from tkam
22 snclawson, 2nd, Rosewill Blackhawk Utlra case from 402blownstroker

November:
22 snclawson $100 Newegg gift card
108 blackrino9 $100 Newegg gift card

December:
186 tsuehpsyde $100 Newegg gift card
170 Bummrus[H]a $100 Newegg gift card

January:
113 Nightbird $100 Amazon/Newegg gift card
27 Haitch $100 Amazon/Newegg gift card

Next Drawing is: January 1st

Here is the requirements:
Fold for Team 33
You must have folded for 30 days to win the current month's drawing
You must keep an average of 4k ppd (With no space greater than one week in between WU)
Must be in the US (as sending gift cards outside the US might not work well)
Kyle will pick a winner by random post number in the registration thread
Post ONCE in the registration thread. (one entry enters you for the duration of the contest)
Rules can be changed by myself or Kyle

How to enter:
Post your badge here: Registration Thread
Get your badge here: Badge How To

How to fold:
Go here: http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage
Download the client and install
Start folding on CPU and or your GPU!
Make sure to put in team number 33

Good luck to everyone who enters!
Fold on! Fold [H]ard!

*now Amazon Gift Cards

Last edited:
WOOT!

This is great!

p.s. what is the deadline for registration?

No deadline pre se.

People can register at any time. To win you have to of folded for the prior 30 days.

So basically every 30 days a winner will be announced? (Once a month) I'm guessing since it started in the middle of this month, the first winner will be announced at the end of next month?

Are you sure the gift cards aren't transferable to Newegg.ca for those of us who might be Canadian? Just curious really.

I put next drawing is September 1st in bold/green in the OP ;)

Last edited:
Find out, if they are, I will change the OP

OK. I have an email into Newegg.ca. I will update when I hear back.

EDIT: Just heard back from them. The firm answer is "No."
Oh well, chances are I wouldn't have won anyway. :(

Good luck to everyone else entered! :D

Last edited:
I am in Aus but if I won a gift card I would just have it sent to a friend in the US who can use it when I make a newegg order (for team 33 folding parts), it that ok?
Also, great work on setting up this contest!

I am in Aus but if I won a gift card I would just have it sent to a friend in the US who can use it when I make a newegg order (for team 33 folding parts), it that ok?
Also, great work on setting up this contest!

As long as you know it is a US gift card, and you know what you have to do to use it.

How long does it take before you show up on the hardfolding page as a new team member so that I can register? 1 completed work unit?

Edit* I read the faq and I see that it's abot 5 hours after the first completed WU.

Last edited:
How long does it take before you show up on the hardfolding page as a new team member so that I can register? 1 completed work unit?

Edit* I read the faq and I see that it's abot 5 hours after the first completed WU.

Welcome to the team!

Darn summer temps and electricity prices :( (but mostly temps).

I'll be joining back in hopefully in October or November. Awesome contest it looks like! Can't wait to be a part of it. :D

Darn summer temps and electricity prices :( (but mostly temps).

I'll be joining back in hopefully in October or November. Awesome contest it looks like! Can't wait to be a part of it. :D

Only takes 4k PPD.

If you have a mid range rig you could run it at night and still hit that easy.

Only takes 4k PPD.

If you have a mid range rig you could run it at night and still hit that easy.

Nah it's been way too hot here. Even at night, the whole house is still warm. Home doesn't cool down till 4-5am and then heats right back up again. (older home, zero functioning ventilation in the attic, basement is really muggy and warm too). The few AC window units we have running have a hell of a time trying to keep anything remotely cool.

I might be able to squeak in some folding in September, usually is cooler then.

Hopefully I will be able to work some things out next week such that I will be able to add 5x i5 3570 machines to my squad. That should add ~100k ppd. :)

Thanks to the heat wave coming this week, I can't rev up my 2500k. All I can contribute is my 2100T, and that's a little short of 4Kppd.

I've got 3 instances (CPU) running on a i7-2600 and I can't even come close.
The Linux versions are very limiting in performance especially compared to their GPU-capable brethren. :(

you have somethign configured wrong, the 2600 itself should be above 4k ppd (by quite a bit), MoFoQ, you may want to post a thread here asking for help on why your PPD is too low.

you have somethign configured wrong, the 2600 itself should be above 4k ppd (by quite a bit), MoFoQ, you may want to post a thread here asking for help on why your PPD is too low.

It might be also dependent on the type of WUs it's doing.

anyways, grabbed fah7 and testing it out now to see if it does any better
(I had to force it not to do ipv6 in order for the dang thing to work though)

MoFoQ,

My 2600 is doing around 30K ppd - you definitely have something configured not quite right. As W.Feather said - start a new thread and we can help you get that fixed.

For any military folk who can't fold because they're deployed, drop me a PM and I'll see if I can fix you up. I have 3-4 slots I'm happy to donate some folding CPU's to those that serve.

H.

I've got 3 instances (CPU) running on a i7-2600 and I can't even come close.
The Linux versions are very limiting in performance especially compared to their GPU-capable brethren. :(

Don't use individual instances, use a single SMP instance. That's why your PPD is so low. Install the v7 client if you are not already using it. If you still need more help start another thread as to not clutter this one.

everytime I go to hardfolding to get my badge it always says Stats Processing

Sparky, as far as what you posted in the other thread as to a bias to higher ppd people winning.

There is none.

As long as you have 4k ppd, everyone has the same shot at winning.

4k ppk and 400k ppd all have the same chance of winning.

Kyle picks the winners randomly. If you register, hit 4kppd, and your post number is pulled, you win.

I've DLd the program and it's been running for a few days. Team 33.

the instructions say to go to http://www.hardfolding.com/ and find your name.

I can't find my name, can't find a search function, can't login with my ID from here, can't register because it wants my "Stats ID#" which I don't know.

I've DLd the program and it's been running for a few days. Team 33.

the instructions say to go to http://www.hardfolding.com/ and find your name.

I can't find my name, can't find a search function, can't login with my ID from here, can't register because it wants my "Stats ID#" which I don't know.

Whats the name your registered as for Team 33? HalOfBorg?

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=291114 <-- Your Extreme Overclockers Folding page

Click the link above (the stats link) and it brings you to our hardfolding page with your stats on it, than you can choose your own badge from there.

http://hardfolding.com/fh_stats/index.php?pz=102&tnum=33&id=524199

Is this you?

Just searched your username in the search box (upper left) and got two results, one for team 93 & one for 33.

EDIT: ninja'd

Thanks. I am not seeing any search box.

93? I bet that would be icrontic. I remember joining there long ago, on a pc far, far away.

Thanks. I am not seeing any search box.

93? I bet that would be icrontic. I remember joining there long ago, on a pc far, far away.

When you go to hard folding.com on the left side, under statistics is F@H Statistics, click that, than a search box shows up on the left side.

Back