The grass is getting a bit tall around here...

Schro

[H]F Junkie
So I've fired up the mower and should be arriving in the top 100 in fairly short order (its been a while since I've visited it). I've only got 8 folders in my rearview mirror but i'm thinking half will drop off once my 24h average normalizes to the new production level.

2600k @ 4-4.5ghz depending on its mood, 2x i7 2600s, Athlon x4 635, Q6600, i5 m620 and a GTX 460 should have me down for about 80k ppd and more if there's enough bigadvs to feed the 2600k.

Seems like an appropriate time to start trash talking :D

Yep, nice mower you have there. Should cut down some of the lower grass without a problem....

Fold On!

hmmm, your set to mow me in 3.4 weeks, but my average is displayed as 30k below where it should be :D ...... cant wait to be mowed for real :D

hmmm, your set to mow me in 3.4 weeks, but my average is displayed as 30k below where it should be :D ...... cant wait to be mowed for real :D

Time to add some D? I think I'll plane out at 80k unless I can get some more GPUs. There's one more 2600 I might be able to borg....

You've got a pretty impressive point collection for participating for less than a year. I've been at this since 2003.

I feel so insignificant....:(

You've actually got a pretty sizeable farm compared to many. I remember the days when getting 150ppd out of a single processor was a major victory, and it was blasphemous that the PS3 client would do 1000ppd. I was normally in the top 100 back before all these bonus points shenanigans started...

80k ppd. Hmm I better relight my GPUs and switch on the AC. I feel like a slacker.

Just wait until I get my sandy bridge setup to replace my main PC and move the HTPC to a dedicated linux boxen. I should be getting close to you then. Right now I should be getting ~12K PPD with a GTS250, Geforce 210 and 5850. I'm making my way up the ladder.

80K is pretty monster though, I don't know if I will ever catch you...

/spreads miracle-grow on his farm

Good plan, I may pass you in 24 hour average pretty soon. Unfortunately it won't be by nearly enough to overtake the massive difference in our points anytime in the next year. :p

Good plan, I may pass you in 24 hour average pretty soon. Unfortunately it won't be by nearly enough to overtake the massive difference in our points anytime in the next year. :p

You got 500ppd floating around some where?

:p

You got 500ppd floating around some where?

:p

We shall see...

Haitch,

Quick and painless. :)

I will say it is much more rewarding mowing active powerhouses rather than the relics of folders past. It gets depressing passing guys that made millions of points the hard way back in the day but no longer fold. :(

Time to add some D? I think I'll plane out at 80k unless I can get some more GPUs. There's one more 2600 I might be able to borg....

You've got a pretty impressive point collection for participating for less than a year. I've been at this since 2003.

I have a theoretical ceiling of 75k ppd.....recently it seems I sit at 65 to 70 actual production though ....have been wanting to try a 2p setup though....

Well I'll just have to fire them back up until it's time for another upgrade :eek:;)

After all this time... You still don't know?

When is the proper time for an upgrade? Meow!

When SWMBO buys a bunch of crap I could care less about. Oh wait that means it's time. translation:as soon as i can get my hands on some processors for my G34 motherboard

When SWMBO buys a bunch of crap I could care less about. Oh wait that means it's time. translation:as soon as i can get my hands on some processors for my G34 motherboard

I wish you luck. Extra Special magny's are like bengel tigers; beautiful and powerful but depressingly rare.:(

I wish you luck. Extra Special magny's are like bengel tigers; beautiful and powerful but depressingly rare.:(

If all else fails there's Interlagos but that won't happen soon enough. Better end thread hijack. :D

Well blarg. I switched my 2600k back to bigadv and got my first 2685 AND the Q6600 box appears to have let out the magic smoke. I'm hoping its just the graphics card in it...

If all else fails there's Interlagos but that won't happen soon enough. Better end thread hijack. :D

Not too much of a hijack if we're talking about lawn cutting equipment getting setup :D

Not too much of a hijack if we're talking about lawn cutting equipment getting setup :D

OP says it's fine :D

a10mower.jpg

Well blarg. I switched my 2600k back to bigadv and got my first 2685 AND the Q6600 box appears to have let out the magic smoke. I'm hoping its just the graphics card in it...

Thanks,

OP says it's fine :D

a10mower.jpg

Awesome! I want to see the minigun light up!

Another pair of GTX 460's have been thrown on the fire. I am estimating I'll level out around 125k ppd shortly and enter the top 100 within 3 months.

Another pair of GTX 460's have been thrown on the fire. I am estimating I'll level out around 125k ppd shortly and enter the top 100 within 3 months.

Hey, nice cards

Back