The Grand Tour Game Is Developed with New Season 3 Content Released Weekly

cageymaru

Fully [H]
The Grand Tour is getting a tie-in game so that you can play as Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond or James May racing through locales from the show. Every Friday during Season 3 new locations and cars pictured in the show are released for Season Pass owners of The Grand Tour Game. You can purchase a copy of the game when it is released here for XBOX and PS4. Thanks Vader1975

In The Grand Tour Game, players can not only follow in the guys' tire tracks, but race and challenge each other face-to-face. The Grand Tour Game features four-player splitscreen, so players can race against each other--and hurl their best insults--in-person. Cheeky power-ups like High Tea, which spills tire-shredding cups and saucers, and More Horsepowers, which lets you blow past the competition, help make the action unpredictable, and keep racers on their toes.

Oh looks pretty. Hopefully the driving is nice (and there's a PC port).

I assume these are licensed cars, so does that mean no smashed cars?

The Grand Tour is getting a tie-in game so that you can play as Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond or James May racing through locales from the show.
And there will be advantages/disadvantages depending on the driver you choose for each race.

Jeremy Clarkson: Most skilled of the 3 but a pompous asshole that will waste half the race chewing out the other 2 on the radio with hilarious quips. He will also have a disadvantage racing in smaller vehicles.
James May: Will bore you to death with commentary and is the slowest of the bunch, but is the least likely to lose control of the vehicle.
Richard Hammond: Has the advantage with American sportscars but is the most likely to crash.

As a gamer and a fan of these three since the early days...This sounds pointless and stupid.

I think it's an interesting marketing idea to promote the show.

I dunno, I think it'd be kinda fun to see the episode and the location they filmed and then go race a friend on that same portion of road. If it's done in a good way (non-cheaply), it could be pretty cool.

This has the potential to be very good and unique. I'd like a realistic racing game where you did more than just race, and did some of the crazy things in the TV series.

Though it might not be that, and it might suck.

Here's hoping it's good though :)

As a gamer and a fan of these three since the early days...This sounds pointless and stupid.

Yeah this is one of those things that seems like it could be awesome on paper, but we all know it probably won't turn out well.

Maybe they'll do a show bit on it, where they create a game themselves. Watching Clarkson pretend to try and code would be pretty entertaining.

I think it's an interesting marketing idea to promote the show.

I dunno, I think it'd be kinda fun to see the episode and the location they filmed and then go race a friend on that same portion of road. If it's done in a good way (non-cheaply), it could be pretty cool.
The problem is stuff like this is always bid out to the lowest bidder.

Amazon owns the show and the game studio. Thus it isn't lowest bidder.
But will it be good? We can only wait and see. I hope its fantastic.

I'll reserve judgement for when it releases, but they have a lot of work if they want to outdo Forza Horizon.

*Thumbs Up* Any time I can listen to James May, I'm in. I'm a sucker for his relentlessly long fact rambling. Loved his show The Re-Assembler. Best go to sleep show ever made.

Dreaming of Forza Horizon 5......expecting Asphalt 14.
You don't have to expect anything, it already looks like that. Plus when there are powerups in a racing game you already know it is garbage.

Isn't the show finished after season 3? Thought I read that somewhere. Which means content will be limited to one season only.

Assuming this is a free game (lol if it isn't) then it's a neat marketing gimmick. Why not.

*Thumbs Up* Any time I can listen to James May, I'm in. I'm a sucker for his relentlessly long fact rambling. Loved his show The Re-Assembler. Best go to sleep show ever made.
Oh that one with him rebuilding a lawnmower and stuff?

I think it is very interesting how good all 3 of them became in driving. Jeremy was clearly the best when the 2nd show of Top Gear occurred all those years ago. (outside of the Stig) But as the years went on Hammond got better and better until his accident that had nothing to do with his driving skill. His tire delaminated and exploded in moments. I'm impressed that he can even drive after that. Today even James May can drift. Such a interesting progression.

Any racer that is pushing the limits will eventually crash a car. The Lamborghini incident with Hammond is amazing. He was really pushing it. He wasn't there to look cute, he wanted to win. I loved every minute lol.

Last edited:
The Grand Tour is getting a tie-in game so that you can play as Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond or James May racing through locales from the show. Every Friday during Season 3 new locations and cars pictured in the show are released for Season Pass owners of The Grand Tour Game. You can purchase a copy of the game when it is released here for XBOX and PS4. Thanks Vader1975

In The Grand Tour Game, players can not only follow in the guys' tire tracks, but race and challenge each other face-to-face. The Grand Tour Game features four-player splitscreen, so players can race against each other--and hurl their best insults--in-person. Cheeky power-ups like High Tea, which spills tire-shredding cups and saucers, and More Horsepowers, which lets you blow past the competition, help make the action unpredictable, and keep racers on their toes.

12 hours worth of gameplay (or so)...
Unless you play as James May...then it's 24 hours...

Don't they hate driving modes that hamper them and turn them off for more control, but it's for consoles?

Put it on the Twitch client for PC.

Can't wait for the free game bundle.

Attachments

• 1108255243-00.jpg
    1108255243-00.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 0
Back