The Google Glass Redesign

HardOCP News

[H] News
I don't know, if you ask me, I think Google Glass still looks kind of goofy. They always look okay from the front, but the minute you see them at a different angle, straight on, or in person, blech! :eek:

Riddle me this. Why didn't Google actually build Google Glass from the ground up using...actual glasses? Not some little piece of shit plastic that has to sit in front of a frame and looks like it cost $5?

Riddle me this. Why didn't Google actually build Google Glass from the ground up using...actual glasses? Not some little piece of shit plastic that has to sit in front of a frame and looks like it cost $5?
Not to mention the lack of stereo input for depth perception, but I think the reason they made it stick out like an awful sore thumb was a mistake in the switch between prototyping and production. The only reason it should stick out like that is if you were trying different modules or something and needed to swap it out all the time. That could be a boon if you could replace/switch out the camera module for different purposes/upgrades. After all, this isn't Apple. ;)

How about they just make it like this, already?

I never understood why Google Glass needed to have it's own frame.

The whole thing is self-contained on only one side, why wasn't it just a clip-on accessory from the very beginning?

I never understood why Google Glass needed to have it's own frame.

The whole thing is self-contained on only one side, why wasn't it just a clip-on accessory from the very beginning?
The mounting for that would have to be quite adjustable to fit alot of different sizes meaning it would either not work very well or be clunky. Glasses are far from standardized in term things outside of head size. That's not even accounting for things like angle of the glass to project on or if the glass has laminates that are counter productive to projecting images on it.

The "little piece of shit plastic" is the display. If it was made of actual glass it wouldn't work anymore.

For some reason, when I see people wearing google glass, I think of the Borg. Those things look even worse than those Bluetooth headsets that are set up to look like 'bling'.

Why in the world do they pair such awful much with videos like this. That crap sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard. I wouldn't play crap like that to torture Saddam Hussein.

For some reason, when I see people wearing google glass, I think of the Borg. Those things look even worse than those Bluetooth headsets that are set up to look like 'bling'.

I think a lot of people feel the same way about it that you do. They get all those mental images of some guy waving around his light sword and using the force save the galaxy from the big crystal thing living in the shuttle bay or whatever. It gives Google's Pedo Peepers a more creepy overtone because its from an evil empire that goes around blowing up planets with their dorm star.

Still if you have those on, don't even try to talk to me or the last thing they'll see is me grabbing them off your face and putting my foot down on them.

Did google just rape the military for there unused glasses? The design of those things is just plain horrible at least get a real glasses designer to make cool looking frames...

Seriously, could we get some non-hipster, modern and light designs? I don't want a Warby Parker knockoff even if it is titanium.

I think that might be the point. He wouldn't play it to a dead, decomposing, evil and hated dictator.

Back