The Game Awards 2015

On the Xbox app too. Surprisingly well done. I'm going to keep watching

Last edited:
It's funny how Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 some VERY buggy games are nominated for Game of the Year..

And yet if batman ak or unity is mentioned.. It's a buggy pile of shit. Love the gaming community :D

But in reality these awards mean nothing. Since every website will have there own game of the year awards.

Witcher 3 is head and shoulders above everything else that came out this year and deserves all the awards it gets. In 100 hours (my first play through) I experienced one bug and all it was was the horse looking funny for a few moments when I was riding down a hill. That's it. Fallout 4 was riddled with weird glitches and immersion breaking technical problems right out of the gate. Even if both games were 100% bug free from the get-go Witcher 3 takes this by a country mile.

Witcher 3 is head and shoulders above everything else that came out this year and deserves all the awards it gets. In 100 hours (my first play through) I experienced one bug and all it was was the horse looking funny for a few moments when I was riding down a hill. That's it. Fallout 4 was riddled with weird glitches and immersion breaking technical problems right out of the gate. Even if both games were 100% bug free from the get-go Witcher 3 takes this by a country mile.

Agree 100%. In any other years of gaming that I can recall going back to the 80s the GOTY award could really have gone to a number of candidates. For 2015, I feel Witcher 3 is really the standout choice. Granted, there were some good games this year. But it's so far ahead of the pack I feel like any publication that votes otherwise will just be trying to differentiate themselves (or have been paid off).

As for bugs, it was extremely clean for a title of it's visibility and complexity.

Couldn't watch it live, gonna give it a check later

It's funny how Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 some VERY buggy games are nominated for Game of the Year..

And yet if batman ak or unity is mentioned.. It's a buggy pile of shit. Love the gaming community :D

But in reality these awards mean nothing. Since every website will have there own game of the year awards.

I don't think either Fallout 4 or especially Witcher 3 were nearly as game breaking buggy.

WItcher 3 was hardly buggy at all and yet they still patched it. They could have released zero patches for it and still play better than all these games mentioned.

Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 didn't have such game breaking problems as those 2. Batman aside, because I didn't play it, Unity ran like shit, had graphically glitches all over, and had other bugs on top of that.

Witcher 3 ran nearly flawless for me. 2 exception, well one, that I can remember, and that was the quest where you track down the skellige prince dude, where the quest didn't update causing me to run around all over and get myself stuck in a deadzone, where it would be game breaking if I didn't have saves. And that dead zone was damn hard to get to. I died like 10 times trying to get in because I was just completely lost, you had to fall the perfect way to not die.

Fall Out 4 is buggy, but mostly small ones. I wouldn't nominate it for game of the year, it's enjoyable though.

Aside from the bugs, Unity and Batman seemed to have been boring. Unity was boring for what I played of it, but I didn't get far. Couldn't get into it at all. Batman, people were talking about how those forced Batmobile sections were boring. But I didn't play that game at all.

Such a bold statement, and yet has little merit of truth to it.

An entire platform(Windows) was deemed unplayable by the developers themselves for Arkham Knight.

The Witcher 3 was more than playable at release for both THE PC and PS4 in my own personal experience.

Fallout 4 is more buggy imo than Witcher 3 at its release, but no bugs were a game breaker for the majority of its players population.

There is a huge difference in these titles mentioned and how bad they were at release.

GOTY should've gone to Metal Gear in my opinion. So much customization and ways to play it was an incredibly fun game. As much as I like what Witcher 3 is, the game itself needs a lot of polish to fix the weird movement and awkward combat to make it a stand out AAA title.

FO4 and W3 are both big open world action RPGs ... given the scope and scale of the games some bugs are to be expected (especially since there is no standard PC configuration) ... BAK had some game breaking bugs and had nowhere near the scale of the other two ... for me the GoTY criteria should include:

Playability
Quality and Performance
Story
Sound and Music
Graphics
Scope and Scale
User Acceptance/popularity
Cost/Value
Developer experience/support
Multiplatform
Documentation
Originality

not necessarily in that order and not all equally weighted ... although quality should be a factor, it shouldn't be the only factor (there are many stable games that no one plays) ... rating W3 and FO4 against that criteria I would be satisfied with either as GotY candidates or winners

Batman AK had to be re-issued because of how buggy it was. W3 & F4 did not.

As much as I like what Witcher 3 is, the game itself needs a lot of polish to fix the weird movement and awkward combat to make it a stand out AAA title.

But...The Witcher 3 is as Polish as it gets :(

I'll see myself out.

I can't think of any major open-world games that are any more polished than the Witcher 3 was.

I agree Domingo. CDPR flat out shames Bethesda with their first ever open-world game.

Every bit of me hopes Bethesda takes some notes on what CDPR did and does TES6 right and makes it not be a buggy pile of crap.

I agree Domingo. CDPR flat out shames Bethesda with their first ever open-world game.

Every bit of me hopes Bethesda takes some notes on what CDPR did and does TES6 right and makes it not be a buggy pile of crap.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. Only people who vocally complain about Bethesda are generally on PC. No one cares what we have to say. Expect same engine, same bugs and same stripped down game play until we MOD what we want back in.

I can't think of any major open-world games that are any more polished than the Witcher 3 was.

Grand Theft Auto, Metal Gear Solid V, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed, Mad Max, Saints Row, Infamous, Prototype, Shadows of Mordor.

I can go on and on.

Back