The G-Man speaks for the first time in 12 years

erek

[H]F Junkie
Anyone anticipating HL:A?

"Half-Life: Alyx is coming in 2020, and the G-Man will return with it—he features prominently at the end of the Half-Life: Alyx trailer. Perhaps he'll elaborate on his and Alyx's relationship, since we know they met at least once in Half-Life 2. If you’re not all caught up on Alyx, she has a new voice actor and it had to be a VR game. Here’s everything we know about Half-Life: Alyx. Also, PC Gamer staff can’t agree on whether or not Alyx should or should not have arms (in the game)."

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-g-man-speaks-for-the-first-time-in-12-years/

I think they omit the arms in the games because it would block some of the visuals or just make the game obtrusive.

Looking on Steam the Valve Index seems to be sold out.

Last edited:
I think they omit the arms in the games because it would block some of the visuals or just make the game obtrusive.
Certainly blocks my interest in VR. It gives a new meaning to the uncanny valley.

I was just about to get a PSVR, but this game will prolly force me to get a proper VR set for PC. I know they said they're considering bring it to PSVR as well, but I have a 2080 that I'm sure would provide a much better experience, but a decent VR set on PC is also much more expensive compared to PSVR. I tried a friend's PSVR set though and thought it was pretty legit playing through RE7 on it at least.

I was just about to get a PSVR, but this game will prolly force me to get a proper VR set for PC. I know they said they're considering bring it to PSVR as well, but I have a 2080 that I'm sure would provide a much better experience, but a decent VR set on PC is also much more expensive compared to PSVR. I tried a friend's PSVR set though and thought it was pretty legit playing through RE7 on it at least.
If money is a concern I'm sure you can find either a rift cv1 or vive used for much cheaper, I recently upgraded to a rift s and have been considering selling my cv1 so I'm sure there are plenty of others that are to.

If money is a concern I'm sure you can find either a rift cv1 or vive used for much cheaper, I recently upgraded to a rift s and have been considering selling my cv1 so I'm sure there are plenty of others that are to.

Well looking up a Rift S, I see that it's only $400 for the headset and controllers? I thought it was much more than that, like about what the Valve Index costs ($1000 for the whole set). Am I missing something?

I have a PSVR and feel it's great once you're up and running. It's a total hassle to setup, but it's at least a nice glimpse into what the technology can do. Not sure I'd recommend one to anyone at this point with the PS5 (and likely a new PSVR) on the way, though. At least unless you see one that's majorly on sale.

The PC setups are more streamlined, powerful, and future proof right now. I'm going to be keeping an eye on those mainly for this game. The knock on those is that the good setups cost as much as what the PS5 is slated to cost, if not more.

Well looking up a Rift S, I see that it's only $400 for the headset and controllers? I thought it was much more than that, like about what the Valve Index costs ($1000 for the whole set). Am I missing something?
Vive became the lead product for PC, I think. Also they've come out with the Occulus Quest which is a stand alone system. It'll work with/without a PC.

Looking on Steam the Valve Index seems to be solid out.
Yeah as soon as they announced it, I ordered the Index Controllers, now Alyx shows up in my library. Since then they've been sold out. I assume they're manufacturing as much Index stuff as they can for the launch of the game.

People are really setting themselves up for a huge disappointment with this game. It won't be a AAA HL3 that they expecting. Will it be good for a VR game? Sure but don't have suck high hopes it will be another HL 2 or something.

Nope, vive is the apple of VR. Very nice products for a large premium. I personally love my rift s, works great and it's portable due to its 5 camera inside out tracking which is great for me and my work. I travel alot so it's nice/fun to be able to VR in my hotel rooms lol. The index is a beautiful headset that's both works and looks amazing but isn't worth the huge price tag to me.

Back