The G (A4 layout with water cooling and bifurcated riser, <15L)

I have not found a single slot 1070 to test with. I was able to run two Quadro P4000 on the bifurcation.

Just barely smaller than 3 slots. Designed exactly for that layout you have imagined, and windows on the side are a yes!

Only concern I have is that maybe the radiator needs to be in bottom, for cold air in bottom through rad, hot out top.

The reason I ask is if I wanted to run a single slot capture/usb/raid/ethernet/wireless card and a dual slot graphics card. All of the 20 series cards have dual slot IO at the minimum, not to mention if someone wants bifurcation and is not watercooling. So unless I go with watercooling Vega or an older card the bifurcation is a little pointless if you want to be on current consumer hardware.

The reason I ask is if I wanted to run a single slot capture/usb/raid/ethernet/wireless card and a dual slot graphics card. All of the 20 series cards have dual slot IO at the minimum, not to mention if someone wants bifurcation and is not watercooling. So unless I go with watercooling Vega or an older card the bifurcation is a little pointless if you want to be on current consumer hardware.

The 3 slot version may be able to achieve that?

Just confirming, this case should fit both SFX/SFX-L PSU formats right?

Right now, debating between the Seasonic Focus SGX-650 (SFX-L) or the EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GM (SFX). Based on fit, might go for SFX to provide more breathing room inside the case for airflow. From the original post, the PSU fan seems to sit way too close to the side panel if it is an SFX-L. If SFX-L clearance is not so bad for breathability in the final version, would prefer to keep the seasonic as it has a quieter 120mm fan and a better 10 year warranty.

Please let me know! :)

Last edited:
Just confirming, this case should fit both SFX/SFX-L PSU formats right?

Right now, debating between the Seasonic Focus SGX-650 (SFX-L) or the EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GM (SFX). Based on fit, might go for SFX to provide more breathing room inside the case for airflow. From the original post, the PSU fan seems to sit way too close to the side panel if it is an SFX-L. If SFX-L clearance is not so bad for breathability in the final version, would prefer to keep the seasonic as it has a quieter 120mm fan and a better 10 year warranty.

Please let me know! :)

Only SFX/SFX-L.

Prototype I have I had to stick a wire fan guard on my 25mm thick fan to keep the cables out of it.

I might make the case 10mm taller to make the SFX-L support better, and increase space for radiator hose above PSU.

10 year warranty is nuts! 120mm in SFX-L is my preference, I have the 800W SilverStone Titanium PSU and the fan is never on, and when it is it's completely silent.

10mm more height makes the volume still stay under 15L, I think the modification makes sense. Hopefully that will help with any tight fit issues with bottom mounted radiators as well and sfx-l psu.

Any idea what the rough price would be for the final 2 slot version with no bifurcation? Optimumtech put out a video review of the cerberus cases with a very tempting discount code :p

Went for the cerberus due to the discount and seemingly 9900k requiring beefy 280 mm AIO to stay cool under OC. I hope this case gets finished as it looks great. Maybe for my next build :)

Went for the cerberus due to the discount and seemingly 9900k requiring beefy 280 mm AIO to stay cool under OC. I hope this case gets finished as it looks great. Maybe for my next build :)

Source on the 9900k requirements?

I got a CNC machine in December and will be changing my design heavily to account for my increase in capability. Mine will be quite a bit different now. When I finalize my design ideas I'll make a build log, but I don't think it's similar enough for me to warrant posting anything on this thread now about it though. I still look forward to this case though!

Edit: It's a similar design in that it's a Dan case layout, with a top and bottom radiator, with three physical slot spacing with a bifurcation riser for actual slots. Except that I will also support an M.2 to x4 riser, so I will have room for 4 physical slot spacing, fed by 3 connectors. I will also only support XSPC's 20mm radiators with slim fans. And the watercooling reservoir/pump will be in the form of a distro plate for the front panel. So you can air cool with 4 normal thickness fans with about 1 cm extra clearance or you can replace the front panel with a distro plate, making the case about 2-3 cm longer and support watercooling with 2 240mm radiators. I will also be fab-ing mine out of wood and acrylic (maybe small amounts of metal) and mine will not be mass produced for sale lol. So "The G" is still our best bet for a proper metal manufactured case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Esso
like this
@Apathy_Enthusiast did you draw the motherboard in CAD yourself? If so are you willing to share it? I'm trying to plan the layout of my own build. thank you! Willing to also pay to play. Please PM if interested.

Back